How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
it's an ok cover, not bad. i like it better than her vogue italia cover.

but i still dont get over the fact that her face is just like an average american.
I think what you meant to say is that her beauty is pretty average and I completely agree with you. I personally do not get the hype over this girl.

That being said I don't really like this cover. It's pretty bland. What has been up with Vogue UK lately? They're covers have been less than stellar.

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

Can't say I get the hype or love for her either really, and it's a shame it didn't turn out to be Doutzen as rumoured. Overall it's rather an uninspiring image for me.

January is such a throwaway issue anyway so I'm not all that bothered that I don't care for the cover personally.

06-12-2012
███████████████

by Alasdair McLellan

06-12-2012
trendsetter

The fashion industry suddenly decided to hype this girl, like why?

06-12-2012
fashion elite

^ Don't and will never get it, she doesn't appeal to me at all, very bland, ver normal nothing stands out from her looks or face, I'll just give up wasting time to talk about her, she's not worth it

V.I.P.

boring cover, I just can't see what's so special about her. too bad it's not Doutzen....

06-12-2012
fashion elite

HQ

vogue.co.uk

06-12-2012
trendsetter

Such a pretty cover, the colours all work and Kate looks gorgeous. I was excited to see the rumoured Doutzen cover to see how she portrayed the Vogue UK look but Kate Upton is a great surprise!!

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

I like it. It's fresh and simple and it works. Yeah, her face is kind of average but it's also the kind of face that I wouldn't easily get tired of seeing. She's cute and she has such strong presence, I definitely get why she's such a popular choice for covers, even if I'm not a fan of her look or the kind of modeling she usually does.

06-12-2012
trendsetter

Her Boobs.....Lordy!

06-12-2012
fashion icon

It seems to me that bashing and insulting Kate has become a new trend in this forum. I just can't understand how someone can say she's average or not beautiful enough. I personally think this cover shot is uber cute and her face is just literally flawless there. And it's unfair to say Kate is not versatile enough. She can work a cover either being dressed as a typical bombshell but this cover proves she can also catch an attention in a simple white dress with a minimal make up on. And seriously, her face is absolutely perfect in this cover, like wow!

fashion icon

I have to say I was a bit disappointed when I saw it wasn't Doutzen, but I hope she did shot for the cover, at least for February. Anyway, back to Kate's cover - it's really beautiful and relaxing. It really is a fresh start after Natalia's Dec and Kristen's Oct covers.

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinkova View Post
I think what you meant to say is that her beauty is pretty average and I completely agree with you. I personally do not get the hype over this girl.

That being said I don't really like this cover. It's pretty bland. What has been up with Vogue UK lately? They're covers have been less than stellar.
Completely agree. She's so bland, and her hair looks dry and dead on this cover.
Also, the way she's posing with her arms makes it looks like she's holding something, like a baby. The way her boob peeks out is... just plain awkward.

And according to the cover there will be a nth interview with Raf. Hopefully there will be an accompanying editorial, preferably by Vanderperre.

And yes, I was also excited to see Doutzen, who's a better version of Kate honestly.

Last edited by anlabe32; 06-12-2012 at 03:53 AM.
06-12-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsdagny View Post
It seems to me that bashing and insulting Kate has become a new trend in this forum. I just can't understand how someone can say she's average or not beautiful enough. I personally think this cover shot is uber cute and her face is just literally flawless there. And it's unfair to say Kate is not versatile enough. She can work a cover either being dressed as a typical bombshell but this cover proves she can also catch an attention in a simple white dress with a minimal make up on. And seriously, her face is absolutely perfect in this cover, like wow!
My thoughts exactly! I love this cover. She looks stunning.

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

The cover would be better without that kind of blonde colour. She should lighter her hair colour.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, alasdair, january, kate, mclellan, uk, upton, vogue