How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-12-2012
front row

Kate must have her own little army on tfs because the minute one person says something bad about her, people instantly jump and attack lol. I don't like Kate. I don't like her look. I don't think she offers anything that appeals to me. She's a pretty girl, but I'm just not a fan. NEXT!

06-12-2012
backstage pass

She really doesn't deserve that attention... but to be honest I like the cover in itself. Just wished they used someone else.

06-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Kate must have her own little army on tfs because the minute one person says something bad about her, people instantly jump and attack lol. I don't like Kate. I don't like her look. I don't think she offers anything that appeals to me. She's a pretty girl, but I'm just not a fan. NEXT!
I for one had never been interested in Kate, hadn't googled her till tonight and was surprised to find she's just 20! She is pretty and it is a decent cover. She also has a lot of hype (there will be quite a few articles about this cover on the Daily Mail over here) and will be popular among straight men so why not.

Last edited by Maximilian S; 06-12-2012 at 10:22 PM.
06-12-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMonster View Post
The vitriolic against her is inexcusable. But it's also telling that her conventionally is such a turn-off. The oddballs with eccentric tastes aren't going to warm to her, which is why I find it so surprising that Kate is getting so many major covers and editorials. Maybe those behind the scenes are getting the message that most people aren't interested in the bizarre-looking women who usually book these types of jobs.

There are very few models that can capture the freshness, robustness and femininity that Kate has. Androgyny and shapelessness are only appealing to a certain population, and that doesn't happen to be the general public that does most of the purchasing.

Fashion isn't a rarefied refuge for weirdos anymore.

06-12-2012
trendsetter

This is such a lovely cover! I prefer it to her Vogue Italia one for obvious reasons. I prefer pretty over sexy, and I find that she does pretty best. I hope this means a US Vogue cover is around the corner

backstage pass

Lol I think Kate must have some record over here on TFs more the most commented threads among magazines featuring her on the cover.

That being said, I don't care about her or her career in the fashion industry, but she has done nothing to receive this hate every time she's facing a magazine or ad campaign. She's just another girl living her dream, who cares about who she ****s or what's she's done in the past? It's the editors/photographers who choose her remember, I do agree other girls deserve the attention she is getting much more, cause they have worked for it, but not for that I'm going to stab this woman and criticize her. She's a human being after all, like all of us, and deserves a bit of respect.

You have the right to dislike her, it's a forum and that is what keeps it alive, the ability of exchanging opinions and exposing one's point of view.

British Vogue is kinda boring cover-wise, seems like their format is dated and has been seen too many times before. But their content is usually good, so happy to know Doutzen is inside
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GarageGlamorous; 06-12-2012 at 11:50 PM.
07-12-2012
trendsetter

i LOVE this cover. She looks natural, youthful, classy and beautiful. Great choice UK!

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMonster View Post
Becareful you don't like her look that makes you a HATER
Posted via Mobile Device

07-12-2012
you soft and only

^ It's not about people disliking her look, it's about the amount of vitriol people throw her way. There's a difference between disliking a model's look and calling her a slut and acting like she's simply the worst person in HISTORY.

07-12-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
Okay, Kate Upton is clearly not Cindy Crawford. Look at the way Cindy Crawford models!

No one said Kate was Cindy Crawford. Cindy was mentioned in regard to the "commercial" label that people seem to regard with distaste. My point was that there was no such distinction for Supermodels like Cindy- she did high fashion along with what we deem to be commercial work and there was no issue. High fashion models like Karen Mulder, Helena Christensen and Tyra also did Victoria Secret and no one thought they were downmarket.

07-12-2012
Mag Master

Quote:
Kate must have her own little army......
I'm really looking forward to the tearsflooded Youtube Clip: "LEAVE KATE ALONE...NOW!!"

07-12-2012
Mag Master

HQ Previews:

vogue.co.uk

07-12-2012
backstage pass

this is actually a good cover and im excited for doutzen's editorial.

07-12-2012
Some Like It Hot

The cover is incredibly fresh, I do like that aspect of it, everything works about it and I'm surprised to see they've shot her in Alaia for the cover but she does really make it work, but I can't help but feel a bit tired of her, but I can't argue with the fact she does look gorgeous here, very classic and fresh and in no way sl*tty.

The editorials inside are consistently brilliant, I particularly love Doutzens, I thought it was risky for UK Vogue to feature nudity in her editorial which isn't what I would usually suspect UK Vogue to do but none of the less it is still very well executed.

I do love the portrait of Raf by Bailey and the article was a good read.

Oh and I did love the shots of Rosamund Pike, but without reading her article I do wonder why she's in the issue?

V.I.P.

She's in the new Tom Cruise film, Jack Reacher which is due out on Boxing Day.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, alasdair, january, kate, mclellan, uk, upton, vogue