UK Vogue January 2018 : Taylor Swift by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockholmFW View Post
Meh. Thought Edward would rather use models on his covers. Why Taylor Swift?
It's his second cover, I mean, give him some slack I say. There's nothing to say he won't be using more models, only time is going to tell. But one thing is for sure, he will never just be using models and no celebrities because that just isn't how the world works.

And as for why, that can't really be a question? If you like her or not, it's undeniable she's a huge star. I imagine Edward saw the opportunity to land her, with some thanks to M&M, for his cover and gladly took the opportunity.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

At first I read "US Vogue", and was like the cover is actually not bad at all, but for Vogue UK I have higher expectations, and it is hard for me to get past the fact that I absolutely can not stand Taylor. With this being said, I think it is a pretty decent cover, I like the colors and even this hideous YSL dress works here. I hope editorials are strong, not like last time when the cover was killer, but the content was quite boring

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I do like the idea and it's a very glamorous way to kick off 2018. Taylor is lucky because her features are very modelesque, I just feel like she could've done more with it. The setting calls for a commanding presence, she looks a bit coy here. And that dress is wearing her instead.

The biggest disappointment for me is the art direction. It's not distinct enough for one of the big 4. Granted VP always looks like a mess, but I expect better from them. Last month was more direct, wish he kept it at that.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Aaah like i feared, spoke to soon about Swift's absence from covers, sigh!

But I do have to say this cover makes me feel so disappointed, not even because he would use a celeb so soon! Anyone who thought he will just use models doesn't know Edward, and his work, or business of editing a magazine! But does it have to look like a copy of Wintours US Vogue? Why so insipid, yet so try hard?

This reminds me of his work at W which i pretty much, mostly, despised!

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 1 Week Ago at 01:09 PM.
1 Week Ago
fashion insider

Absolutely dreadful. After last month's high this comes as a severe downer. Her face cant handle haute Make-up. She looks like an antm reject.

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

I'm a big fan of taylor but I'm not really feeling this cover. hopefully the editorial will be much better, but after the december cover, I had such high expectations for the new british vogue but this definitely lowered them which is pretty disappointing

1 Week Ago
fashion insider

2nd issue in, and it's already comfortably generic-Vogue looking...

(Of course this will sell strongly with her on the cover.)

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholybaby View Post
Because the people who bought her album will automatically purchase the magazine as well?
Most will. I think you're underestimating Taylor's fans.

I don't see how this is Vogue Paris-esque. It looks more US Vogue to me. I hate the dress.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
It's his second cover, I mean, give him some slack I say. There's nothing to say he won't be using more models, only time is going to tell. But one thing is for sure, he will never just be using models and no celebrities because that just isn't how the world works.

And as for why, that can't really be a question? If you like her or not, it's undeniable she's a huge star. I imagine Edward saw the opportunity to land her, with some thanks to M&M, for his cover and gladly took the opportunity.
The cover to me is just meh, not that exciting, nor visually appealing. Second of all, that’s just my honest opinion. I saw the cover, I didn’t like it and said it. That’s how the world works.

I have absolutely nothing against Taylor, I was just wondering ”why her?”. Is she releasing new music now or what? Hopefully the contents of this issue will be good!

V.I.P.

I don't like it. Awful cover subject and boring photography.

1 Week Ago
Hell on Heels

Yeah, no thanks. They can keep tswift.

1 Week Ago
front row

I really can't stand Taylor Swift, but Mert and Marcus are really on a roll.

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

they should fire their retouchers, her skin looks quite blotchy.

this is very sobering after the *over-hyped?* high of the December cover.

1 Week Ago
front row

Love Taylor, and so happy to see her on the cover, but I don't like how her face looks here. She's much more beautiful than this.

1 Week Ago
MON
V.I.P.

W “The New Royals”

It’s an okay cover. Still better and much elevated than the previous Vogue.

However, the layout leaves much more to be desired. It looks like a mess and very amateur. With Edward’s artistic eye, I wonder how this layout gets pass through him. It’s tragic. UK Vogue has a big budget for their art direction (heck even Alexandra commissioned a custom font for her Vogue) and yet we have this? Tragic I say.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, alas, january, marcus, mert, piggott, swift, taylor, uk, vogue