UK Vogue January 2018 : Taylor Swift by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

This cover looks sooooo fanmade.
Wrong covershot, wrong text placing and where did they get this font?

1 Week Ago
fashion icon

It's obviously a cash grab. She's relevant at the moment, but this is almost too obvious. In this
economy he can't afford to take risks all time. I just hope he finds a balance between commercial subjects and high fashion.

fashion elite

I somehow have an almost teenage-like infatuation with Taylor Swift ever since '1989' and I certainly don't mind her on the cover. I like the shot, I like the dress. I absolutely think that the makeup is wrong for her, though, and she isn't projecting as much confidence as I would have liked to see.

On another note, I find it interesting how Edward's choices in covergirls so far could have easily been Alexandra's. A "posh mixed-race model, practically royalty" - Shulman did offer her the cover after all, and Taylor Swift. I don't see a big difference to be honest.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

DailyMail.com

1 Week Ago
scenester

Trainwreck. How can you go from the December cover to this?

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Edward's soundbites are truly a barrel of laughs!

Quote:
Discussing his choice, Enninful said: 'For me, the chance to help transform America's most fascinating sweetheart was a joy. And discussing her transformation for the shoot, Enninful said: 'Taylor says she has never seen herself transformed like this before, and I was very touched to see how emotional she was at the end of our shoot day in London.'
Someone must've blacked out May 2016 when US Vogue 'transformed' her with the help of M&M. I find the need for both editions to do this very telling.

Unpopular opinion, I liked her Nov 2014 shoot better.

Quote:
Adding: 'Obviously she is a world-class lyricist – and has written a stunning poem just for Vogue on the timely subject of reinvention and moving on – but she also takes her duties as a role model very seriously.

'Taylor is acutely aware of her following and how she communicates with young women, and will never portray a character that would send the wrong message. That said, even superstars aren't immune to the power of a great dress.'
Well, no comment!

Last edited by Benn98; 1 Week Ago at 02:06 AM.
1 Week Ago
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Edward's soundbites are truly a barrel of laughs!

Someone must've blacked out May 2016 when US Vogue 'transformed' her with the help of M&M. I find the need for both editions to do this very telling.

Unpopular opinion, I liked her Nov 2014 shoot better.

Well, no comment!
😂

And me thinking that putting Naomi Campbell’s “achievements” on par with Sadiq Khan’s would be a personal highlight of the fashion bubble, nah there is a next issue...😂

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 1 Week Ago at 05:55 AM.
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Taylor Swift Instagram

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

I actually really like the shot of her in the red dress and, funnily enough, the eyebrows.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Best Taylor Swift editorial I've seen, maybe ever. They've done a great job here, in my opinion.

Also - this is really her first major cover in promotion for her new album, so it's pretty major. Kudos to Edward for securing it.

Yes, I agree, December's cover was superior. It felt truly "new" in a way that this one certainly doesn't. But everyone has to temper their expectations. Edward isn't going to reinvent the wheel - it would be terribly arrogant to try and do that, in my opinion. Even this is a clear departure from what Shulman would have done with Taylor Swift. So I'm here for it.

tfs star

I think what a lot of people didn't realized it that this is a huge coup for Edward. Taylor has been campaigning Reputation without appearing in press interviews and covers at all since the launch of the new album, this being her first actual outing for the new era is a big deal for her fans. And she really targeting the UK fanbase this time.

I personally don't mind the image and I understand why it looks like this because it goes along with her album magazine and covers which were shot by M&M as well. So I guess she really loves collaborating with them. The images are not bad at all. I would even say she models better than some working insta models right now. Her as a person may be a lot to take in, but a lot of people admire her as an artist who actually write and compose her own songs.

1 Week Ago
fashion insider

I feel like she nearly always takes a good picture because she does resemble a model. I'm not mad at this cover.

1 Week Ago
front row

Horrible cover

1 Week Ago
MON
V.I.P.

If I understood Taylor’s post, this was photographed at the exact same time when they shot the Reputation album cover and photo spread. Same cast. No wonder there’s an exclusive.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Review - 228 Pages.

TAYLOR REMADE

Cover Star: Taylor Swift
Photographers: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Stylist: Edward Enninful
8 Photos

THE BIG BLUE
Model: Rianne van Rompaey
Photographers: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Stylist: Venetia Scott
12 Photos

COMFORT ZONE

Model: Bella Hadid
Photographer: Brianna Capozzi
Stylist: Kate Phelan
6 Photos

BLITZ SPIRIT
Models: Adut Akech, Hiandra Martinez, Hannah Motler, Bente Oort & Yoon Young Bae
Photographer: Karim Sadli
Stylist: Poppy Kaim
12 Photos

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, alas, january, marcus, mert, piggott, swift, taylor, uk, vogue