How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

I just don't get the appeal of this girl. Or woman should I say. Although I adore her pouty lips. On to the cover itself, it's boring I guess cause of her bland expression.

Lady Luxe and The Finest Line both look great especially the latter. McKenna's styling is a spot-on.

Last edited by cottonmouth13; 02-02-2012 at 09:19 AM.

02-02-2012
tfs star

It's all just a bit boring. It's a solid pink background. Again. It's Testino. Again.

I don't really get all the fuss about Lana but she makes a nice cover girl and she has a pretty yet edgy vibe (the London look...) Is that really the best shot they could get though? If you look in google images, 90% of those would have been a better choice. I agree her lips are luscious but in this photo they're neither pouty nor poised.

I like the Abbey ed. Karlie's facial expressions irritate me a little but the backdrop is nice.

Last edited by glitterpeacock; 02-02-2012 at 09:22 AM.
02-02-2012
V.I.P.

abbeys ed is a killer..she looks gorgeous

fashion elite

Ewww what is this face?!

V.I.P.

^ The next is the depressing line of overrated pop tarts...well she's better than the other two we've had to tolerate on magazine covers recently but c'mon she hasn't even established herself as an artist! So that's my beef with the cover.

Quite impressive list of contributers this issue...Testino, Sorrenti, Sims, Joe McKenna and Jane How. Thanks for reminding us you're an actual 'Vogue' Alexandra! The eds do look quite dull regardless though. Even Sims' is just O.K and I usually love his studio work, not to mention Zuzanna.

02-02-2012
backstage pass

I couldn't care less about this fake Bi..%h.Love the eds Zuza amazing

Last edited by Dorléac; 02-02-2012 at 09:48 AM.
02-02-2012
fashion icon

Nothing special about this issue at all. Not the cover, not the editorials, nothing.

02-02-2012
trendsetter

"Hello VogueUK, how can I help...No That is #LanaDelRey on the cover...no its not a Sex Doll...Or a Cyborg.....Yes, Im sure..Ok Thankyou for calling #HangUp.....ALEXANDRA...Yeah that was another one asking is she was fake...."

awful cover...ed is ok...I surprisingly quite like Karlie's Ed...

02-02-2012
trendsetter

PLUS....those NAILS....ew ew ew ew ew...

02-02-2012
fashion insider

I find this to be so silly and naive

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite View Post
PLUS....those NAILS....ew ew ew ew ew...
Omg I just noticed those. They are the BEST part of the cover. I love them.

V.I.P.

Quote:
While just about every non-fashion blog post about Lana del Rey in the past month suggests a backlash; the singer, whose debut album came out Tuesday, continues to ascend the fashion ranks. Case in point: here she is on the cover of British Vogue wearing Louis Vuitton. And not just any issue. She covers March, spring’s equivalent to the September issue. And perhaps fashion’s equivalent to her SNL performance, which many critics say she did too soon. Luckily, she doesn’t have to sing on a magazine cover.

Vulture recently tracked Lana del Rey’s backlash, from her birth to her smaller-lipped life as Lizzy Grant to the debut of Born to Die. Overall, critics haven’t been impressed and the album’s response has been a continuation of her widely panned SNL performance. Some quotes from reviews:

“But the whole thing is just a godawful mess.” –Stereogum

““Born to Die” doesn’t solve Ms. Del Rey’s problems because it isn’t aware of them; it’s a multiple choice test with every answer scanned “C.” –New York Times

“In an album full of sultry Lolitas practically begging to be abused, there’s even a song called “Lolita.” If that all sounds like a recipe for some campy fun, it isn’t.” –Chicago Tribune

Still, the fashion world’s love for her won’t die. Although many Fashion Spot commenters thought this Vogue cover was boring, they were more critical of Vogue than del Rey, who we know is capable of more interesting photographs.

Though, the album has apparently made it to number one on iTunes in 14 countries, so maybe all press is good press? Del Rey, who is signed to Next, told Rolling Stone of her SNL performance, “I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine.” So, which, between looking beautiful and singing well, style vs. substance, is really more important?
fashionista

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
^ The next is the depressing line of overrated pop tarts...well she's better than the other two we've had to tolerate on magazine covers recently but c'mon she hasn't even established herself as an artist! So that's my beef with the cover.

Quite impressive list of contributers this issue...Testino, Sorrenti, Sims, Joe McKenna and Jane How. Thanks for reminding us you're an actual 'Vogue' Alexandra! The eds do look quite dull regardless though. Even Sims' is just O.K and I usually love his studio work, not to mention Zuzanna.
This.

They threw her a cover so quickly. We had to wait a WHILE for the Rihanna one

02-02-2012
backstage pass

i LOVE it!

except her nails.

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

That Louis Vuitton collection is going to everywhere isn't it? Alexa's also wearing it on Elle.

Last edited by tanii94; 02-02-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, del, lana, march, mario, rey, testino, uk, vogue