How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
and people emulating fashion editorials on blogs are going to end up with a lot of bruises.

They must really love Lana to give her the March issue. The cover is pretty much what I expect from Vogue UK, very pink, text overload, cover stars dressed like dolls.. but I think it suits Lana, she looks very pretty..

Alasdair's story makes me a bit uncomfortable, you can tell it was designed for Lara, but for whatever reason.. Abbey filled in, and she's uncomfortable too.

I'm loving Zuzanna's story, her hands look a little stiff despite trying to be not but her face, the clothes and the entire story could belong in a 60s publication. I think it's quite bold to publish a b&w story in a magazine like Vogue UK these days.. or maybe they do it all the time and I haven't paid enough attention.

Thanks everyone for the pics + review!

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanii94 View Post
That Louis Vuitton collection is going to everywhere isn't it? Alexa's also wearing it on Elle.
I guess it is.
Not only Alexa on Elle, but also Amanda Seyfried on W, Jessica Stam on Harper's Bazaar, Dakota Fanning on Elle...
But Prada S/S 12 is still the leader among cover clothes if I'm not mistaken.

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

Lana Del Rey by Mario Testino

lanadelreyfan.com

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

Wow the first time I have not appreciated Alasdair's work... but coming from the new Abbey Lee this is no surprise. It looks forced and his work is never forced.

I love that Lana is on the cover, but wow they make her look like a middle aged mom who wants to be young. Not the best styling, it's so easter. The editorial is so cute though

02-02-2012
fashion elite

i looooove lana! so glad to see her snatch up a major cover like vogue uk!

02-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i love the cover and eds too...lovin that vintage look in the eds especially

02-02-2012
don't look down

In the end, I just appreciate that they haven't stuck Kate Moss on the front, they've actually gone for someone you wouldn't have expected on the cover (we heard about it ages ago, but you know what I mean) and timely, in terms of the media attention she's getting.

And it means when Kate does crop up on the cover again, it might not feel like a tired formula... unless she's pencilled in for September.

V.I.P.

I had to google Lana's name because I had no idea who is she... But I love the cover- just like pink. Reminds me Sasha's cover from August 2009. The eds look good, especially Karlie's. I'm going to buy this issue for sure.

02-02-2012
French Chic

They definitely did the right thing in choosing Lana as their cover choice, because her album is defying the critics and selling like hotcakes here, so it couldn't be more timely.
Saying that Lana looks quite odd, the angle is off, and I don't think they chose the best pic at all, her pics inside are lovely. Boy do they love their pink too.

I'm not impressed with any of the editorials and Zuzanna Bijoch really looks like Florence Welch in hers.

fashion icon

Mario Testino is one boring photographer.

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

i seems like lana looks her best when her head is angled upwards, that is the only shot i like.

02-02-2012
ģ

her lip implants look painful.

tfs star

I thought the review sound quite promising with those model cast, but turned out to be disappointment. The only ed I like is zuzanna's one, but nothing mind-blowing.

02-02-2012
old-fashioned

HQs

lanadelreyfan.com

I haven't read the article yet, but the styling is really good. And I love Lana's expressions. I like how the pictures seem to kind of sum up her image, the images she passes through her songs. I'm really surprised by how good it turned out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Alasdair's story makes me a bit uncomfortable, you can tell it was designed for Lara, but for whatever reason.. Abbey filled in, and she's uncomfortable too.
I felt the same. I have no problem with Abbey and I think she can also fit Alasdair's aethetics, but for some reason the overall combination, the styling, simply didn't work for her.

Last edited by *ana*; 02-02-2012 at 06:47 PM.
02-02-2012
you soft and only

I kind of like this issue, aside from Abbey Lee's disastrous editorial. I know I shouldn't really like her, but I don't mind seeing Lana Del Rey at all on the cover. She looks good on it, all things considered.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, del, lana, march, mario, rey, testino, uk, vogue