How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-09-2010
thunder perfect mind

Terrible!

06-09-2010
-- aGGravaTion de caS --

That is awful... little girl with her lil flowers, how tacky for a Vogue cover!!!! And really this girl doesn't interrest me at all! sad...

User Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Change is one thing, presenting herself as whiter than white is another, when not long ago she was seen as a Chav with a record.
The way Vogue plays up to the image of the innocent girl with dimples is risible... the woman came from a council estate and has a trashy tattoo around her thigh...
I had to google what a council estate was.. its similar to "projects" in the USA i'm guessing. But if anything it makes Cheryl Cole look better no? She was able to overcome so much....

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle5299070.ece

06-09-2010
I don't know

^it's one thing to come from a bad neighborhood and you should never hold that against her, there are pigs and angels in all neighboorhoods. With cheryl the issue is more that she isn't really as 'good' as the media portrays her, it wasn't so long ago that she was arrested attacking some worker at a club. And she didn't show a very sweet side in a documentary I saw nor in the public fight with Lily Allen. so all in all, her actions are all living up to the Chav stereotype.

I don't have anything against her, it's just when magazines, like here, play up that role of innocence with her that it gets on my nerves.

06-09-2010
French Chic

Much as I'm happy for Cheryl to get another Vogue cover, this is quite simply atrocious. How can a cover so visually bright be so dull. Totally insipid expression and it hardly even resembles her. I read she was feeling under the weather but still there must have been better pics.
I'm am really starting to question what the hell Vogue UK are up to now?
Beyond dire.

Why is Cherl's character always brought into question when she gets another magazine cover? She hasn't done a single thing wrong since that incident and it was years ago. Does everyone rehash Naomi Campbell's misdemeanours when she gets a cover? NO. So leave it out, and the snobby remarks about her coming from a counil estate are just chronic.

Hope the contents are decent.

V.I.P.

I dunno, I definitely see why the cover is bad overall, but when I am scrolling down and it is just her face, that part is very lovely and compelling. I do have a couple of nitpicks and that is that piece of hair sticking out and perhaps her expression is a tad unsure, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It is below her face that things start to go terribly wrong. This is a bad cover, but the "model" is not the problem unless there was a behind the scenes problem, like the previously mentioned illness and they did not have a lot to choose from. Perhaps we will know more when the ed comes out.

06-09-2010
V.I.P.

why they put her on a fashion cover i really do not understand.....her everyday "style" is horrible and trashy....

06-09-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
^it's one thing to come from a bad neighborhood and you should never hold that against her, there are pigs and angels in all neighboorhoods. With cheryl the issue is more that she isn't really as 'good' as the media portrays her, it wasn't so long ago that she was arrested attacking some worker at a club. And she didn't show a very sweet side in a documentary I saw nor in the public fight with Lily Allen. so all in all, her actions are all living up to the Chav stereotype.

I don't have anything against her, it's just when magazines, like here, play up that role of innocence with her that it gets on my nerves.
Amen. I don't care about her background. Regarding her image, it's even worse on that dreadful show, The X-Factor. I had to switch off after the constant kiss-assery from the contestants. "You're my hero!" Blahblahblah." I wonder how much her publicist paid the editor to do that to support this whole "The Nation's Sweetheart" crap. So horribly staged, but that's another story. Oh, and a judge? Really? Maybe if she had a modicum of talent, but no.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 06-09-2010 at 02:40 PM.
06-09-2010
backstage pass

The cover is awful. And a Demarchelier shoot to be this bad is very disappointing.

I don't want to get into a toss about public housing vs... or who's a chav ( seems a bit snobbish to me), but a girl "with a little dirt under her fingernails" can't be all that bad?

06-09-2010
you soft and only

I STILL can't get over that 'Pure Style' text. I just can't. It reminds me of some cheap foreign edition of Elle.

06-09-2010
V.I.P.

To me, there's being constructive and having an opinion, and then there's just being a bitch. These threads always contain so many of the later sadly.

06-09-2010
███████████████

This is the wors cover for the year in ALL magazines

06-09-2010
Some Like It Hot

Editorial Previews :

*Vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

Ah, so a Karlie ed, and a Lily one. Looks good. Seems ages since I saw Lily in UK Vogue.

06-09-2010
V.I.P.

Not even the fabulous Lily could make me buy this issue.

Cheryl is so photoshopped/airbrushed.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, cheryl, cole, demarchelier, october, patrick, uk, vogue