How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-09-2010
V.I.P.

Can't wait to see scans from the Lily ed!

06-09-2010
backstage pass

magazines need people to buy them.
thats how they make money.

cheryl cole sells magazines.

its that simple.

every single magazine wants a cheryl shoot and interview.

yeah the cover isnt that great and maybe vogue needs a big overhall, but at the end of the day this will sell probably 10,000+ more copies than if a model that 3 people know who work in fashion is on the cover.

magazines are a business. vogue is a mainsteam uk fashion magazine.

06-09-2010
French Chic

The David Sims pic with the girl and the horse is nothing short of magnificent. Thanks for the previews Cc09

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricity View Post
*yawn* for gods sake VOGUE IS A FASHION Institution which should reflect FASHION not mildly relevant tabloid fodder like Cheryl TWEEDY. I am ashamed of Alexandra Shulman i understand one cover by pairing Cheryl Cole with Patrick is like pairing Kerry Katona and Steven Meisel. This is just atrocious and i believe it is taking away the credibility in favour of sales. Noami has'nt had a cover in about 8 years and she is a pionering force in modern day fashion (with 25 years within this industry). British Vogue is, i'm afraid, insular, prejudice, and sterile, atleast US Vogue keeps within the zeitgeist with appopriate role models and Cheryl Cole, to me, will never be Vogue. She just isnt.
I compleeeeeeeetely agree lol I mean for real y'all I though before I saw the coverlines from a distance that this was a cover from Vogue Taiwan because I've seen the pic from a friend's computer so I didn't get the time to read the title which is British Vogue by Demarchelier etc. but yeah all in all Vogue UK is sooooooo bad, every cover is boring and they're not keeping with the big high fashion models or designers and the editorials aren't that impressive to me; plus this is the most commercial Vogue of all the others and yet the content inside isn't that impressive; I'm not liking this cover either.

V.I.P.

Karlie's ed is very promising!

V.I.P.

Nice to see David Sims in UK Vogue againg. It looks like Raquel is in it. I love the Helmut Newton feel of it.

The other eds look good too.

06-09-2010
V.I.P.

Loving the preview of Karlie's editorial. The cover on the other hand is quite horrible.

06-09-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Seriously, some people just need to get over stuff. It's becoming highly boring now.

And she's from a council estate...so what? Can an 'innocent girl with dimples' not possibly ever have been brought up on a council estate?
Sure it can. Just not this girl.

06-09-2010
front row

Absolutely Horrid, please someone needs to start a petition to get rid of Alexander Schulman!!!

trendsetter

Worst Cover in Years. its hideous.

06-09-2010
fashion insider

YAY! I see Lily and Ranya in the ed previews i cant wait to see them

06-09-2010
tfs star

I HATE the cover so much. But I love Lily and Karlie's preview. I would buy this issue solely for Karlie, but that cover is just way too hideous.

07-09-2010
V.I.P.

Horrible cover.

It's a shame Vogue,with a A-list photographer like Patrick Demarchelier,could do much more better than this crap.Look at this Sunday Times Style cover(I only know it was styled by Lucy Ewing),she looks quite good,almost like a model....

image source:LGA agency official site
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lucy Ewing LGA agency.jpg (41.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by kasper!; 07-09-2010 at 01:27 AM.
07-09-2010
tfs star

I wish people would stop hating on Cheryl for things that happened years and years ago, especially when nobody really knows what really happened. Or some people on here where with her there at the same time, but I seriously doubt that.
Nobody knows her personally, but I've been following her for years. Seen so many interviews with her and she always comes across as a sweet girl. And everyone who has ever worked with her always says the same.

Talking about the cover, it is really bad! Can't believe what they have done to Cheryl. I was so excited when I heard she was going to be on the cover but this is very disappointing. I've seen Heat and Grazia doing better Cheryl covers with candid pictures than this.

07-09-2010
less is more

I can't stand this woman and the cover is terrible, but I'll stop there as everything I would like to say has probably already been said by others in thread.

On a side note, I see this issue features the lovely Rebecca Hall. What a graceful, dignified and beautiful cover star she would have made. Well, I can dream...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, cheryl, cole, demarchelier, october, patrick, uk, vogue