How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-09-2011
fashion elite

Yup! Sooooooooo predictable, this is exactly the word: a head shot because her body isn't considered "good" for high fashion, so they just shot a plain head shot which looks just as every picture we've seen of her. How predictable from British Vogue too to produce something once again uninspiring.

04-09-2011
V.I.P.

I'm happy that Adele is on the cover, but from that small image, she looks drunk. Not a good cover.

V.I.P.

I don´t like it... there is nothing special about it, just an ordinary face cover

fashion icon

Yeah for Adele getting the cover! I might get this issue! Can't wait to see what's inside!

04-09-2011
fashion icon

Yay Adele! She's such an amazing singer and gorgeous too boot. However this Vogue cover is a bit boring, although she looks pretty. Why didn't they do a full body shot? We all know what Adele looks like and love her even more for it. She's unabashedly herself which makes her all the more charming. So why not a cover that matches the Adele that we all know and love? Also, this up close portrait shot reminds me a bit of The Gentlewoman cover she had a while back.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 04-09-2011 at 08:47 PM.
04-09-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Happy that Adele got the cover. It`s a gorgeous shot indeed but isn`t it too cluttered. There`s something about the cover that makes me feel so crowded. I don`t know. Will wait for the HQ

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I personally don't see the point of deciding to use a plus sized star such as Adele and then cropping so much into her face. It's predictable and sort of stupid. It's Adele. We all know what she looks like. We can handle more than her face and lots of hair. She's a beautiful woman and that should be shown.

All that being said at least it's a nice headshot. Before a lot of the 'boring' comments come in just be thankful it's not another horrific headshot like we've had previously. Kate Winslet's or Gwyneth's last cover for example. At least it's been done well.
I'm sorry but I don't get your words about her being "+ size" and the magazine not showing her body ...

It is a face portrait ... I guess they decided to go for a face portrait coz it's easier to recognize her and target more people than Vogue UK usually get.

Anyway. The Gentlewoman cover was way much better than this ... eventhough all i see in this preview (atm) is ... nothing !

Quote:
Also, this up close portrait shot reminds me a bit of The Gentlewoman cover she had a while back.
Please have a look again .......

04-09-2011
fashion elite

I would express my opinion on the cover choice, but I wouldn't want to breach the community rules.

04-09-2011
V.I.P.

Reminds me of Madonnas last Vogue Paris cover. Although I find it cliche and a bit offensive, its still a beautiful cover.

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

Preview of Adele's ed

twitter/Min_D_808

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

As everyone else has already stated, I'm really happy it's Adele and not Kate or Gwyneth. I like the free flowing hair and her face looks but overall it is kind of boring.

V.I.P.

this girl has amazing facial features and they cover them with hair... MAN! I am so angry because this could have been so amazing... but again I am so happy to Adele made it to Vogue... she is so amazing... but there were so many amazing covers of her recently and how dissapointing that Vogue is the least exciting...

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

Metro.co.uk

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

oh better quality makes me think that actually it is not bad at all but could have been better...

05-09-2011
tfs star

Love it! She looks lovely.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, adele, october, sundsbø, sølve, uk, vogue