How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

HQ cover & previews

Quote:
ADELE is the cover star of the October Englishwoman issue of Vogue. A celebration of all that has come to define the modern English woman, the magazine profiles some of the country's most successful and completely unique female names - from author Diana Athill and Wendi Murdoch to Amy Childs.

"Our cover girl, Adele, has won over the world with her heartbreaking voice and her ability to seem as if she very much herself," says Alexandra Shulman in her editor's letter. "One of the interesting facts of celebrity is that we, the admirers, usually find some particular aspect of our favourite stars to focus on and the generally that becomes 'the point of them'. We like them to be a certain way, and often take a long time to accept any change. So Adele's very normality, her down-to-earth determination not to compromise herself, has become as much a part of her USP as, for example, Madonna's constant, deliberate reinvention."

Interviewed by Christa D'Souza, the award-winning singer talks about her career, style and why, if she was the face of anything "it should be full-fat Coke!". Lisa Armstrong investigates what makes our country women so unique, while Giles Coren uses Amy Childs as an example of the ultimate Essex girl.

In fashion, Lara Stone shows us how to work autumn/winter's big knits, as Annie Cohen-Solal meets the inimitable Azzedine Alaia. Jane Birkin explains why she won't compromise on her English style, plus find out who won this year's Vogue Talent competition.

The October issue of Vogue is available from Thursday September 8.
vogue.co.uk

Last edited by tarsha; 05-09-2011 at 04:00 AM.

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

Actually, I don't find the cover shot too bad, I was expecting something far worse. Yet as expected, British Vogue still have not discovered complimenting colour schemes. This talk about it being offensive is ridiculous. There's always something made out from the slightest thing.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
I'm sorry but I don't get your words about her being "+ size" and the magazine not showing her body ...

It is a face portrait ... I guess they decided to go for a face portrait coz it's easier to recognize her and target more people than Vogue UK usually get.:
Yes, however that was sort of the point. It didn't have to be face shot.

They decided to go with a face shot, and I'm not sure it was at all because it's easier to recognize her from one?She'd be perfectly recognisable if her body was in shot too. I love the cover, I love her, I just think it could have quite easily have been a beautiful shot that wasn't a close up like that. It certainly would have been a bit of a bolder move from Vogue.

I don't know if this is fully allowed, but is Adele actually the first plus sized cover subject for them? Model or otherwise?

05-09-2011
Alluring

Beautiful shot, you can't go wrong with Adele.

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

she looks beautiful

V.I.P.

I simply love this girl, and its the kind of cover i knew they will do with her, it is predictable. But its Vogue, so its a given, love the hair and make up, its at least well done portrait. She looks truly stunning, will be lovely to get this.

05-09-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

much deserved cover I always thought she looked like an actual model, if she wasnt a singer she would be a successful plus size model

An die Freude.

I don't know, I have a feeling a cover like this will get lost on the newsstand.

There's nothing memorable about it, just another random face on a magazine cover like hundreds more.

You can do so much more with profile/face shots.

_

Last edited by candlebougie; 05-09-2011 at 04:37 AM.
05-09-2011
you soft and only

I like Lara's editorial. It's basically just a sequel to her November 2010 one, that one was "set" in the 60s and this one is in the 70s.

05-09-2011
V.I.P.

Not what I expect but I like it and let's say that all we are happy for Adele. She's such a talented and charming Artist. Lara's preview is amazingly good.

V.I.P.

Vogue.co.uk

I like this shot a lot.

05-09-2011
fashion insider

I'm so excited to see Adele, she is so beautiful

05-09-2011
Some Like It Hot

Review :

Tech Mate
Model : Freja Beha Erichsen
Stylist : Lucinda Chambers
Photographer : Patrick Demarchelier

The Name of the Game
Model : Lara Stone
Stylist : Kate Phelan
Photograher : Alasdair McLellan

Autumn Sonata
Model : Lily Donaldson
Stylist : Bay Garnett
Photographer : Tom Craig

Articles :

Wendi Deng - Wendi Darling : Portrait by Patrick Demarchelier

The English Woman Featuring : Adele, Diana Athill, The England Cricket Team, Amy Childs, Jane Birkin, Tacita Dean, Felicity Jones, Julia Sarr-Jamois, Florence BB.

422 Pages.

V.I.P.

^Thanks a lot for the review chanelcouture09. It doesn't sound very exciting. And why does the October issue have more pages than the September issue?

trendsetter

Thanks for the review...Any Couture ed ?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, adele, october, sundsbø, sølve, uk, vogue