How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2012
don't look down

Flicking through the issue, they had the sense to put the Kristen feature towards the end of the magazine, meaning the fashion editorials come first, and make more of an impression. While none of the shoots say 'essential purchase' to me, the thickness of this issue makes me imagine there's something worth reading inside.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Cathy Come Home is exactly what I'm eager to see in autumn issues.. beautiful, warm fabrics and such a great model.. she's giving me a young Liberty Ross vibes there and the amount of Margaret Howell and some Yohji Yamamoto only make it outstanding in my book.

.. might have to buy this solely for that story.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
She looks like they rudely awoken her and she's just like 'can we get this over and done with ?'... I always feel with UK Vogue that they are a bunch of middle aged women sat in the office, going through the newspapers and they go 'oh the kids seem to like her, lets use her'... there is never any consistency who their reader is, I know they think pink/orange/yellow catch your attention, but attention seeking colors aren't a good thing.

I know Kristen plays a vampire but do they really feel the need to make her look like one on the cover ? she looks washed out and as if the flash was too bright, the dark and gloomy styling doesn't help either, there were better pieces in that Gucci collection but I would of preferred to see her in Balenciaga, as a 'celebration' so to speak, with her becoming face of Florabotanica et al.

'Meet the new master of modern couture' I think that is incredibly cliché and not very imaginative, I would presume this is regarding Raf and if it is, then it's a huge kick in the teeth for the real master of modern couture, Riccardo Tisci, this is another classic case of UK Vogue jumping on the band wagon, instead of setting an example they simply just follow it, then they don't have to put much effort in, they usually feature people months behind the likes of Vogue Paris and US Vogue who usually catch on quite quickly to a 'new sensation'.

I feel after so many hideous covers executed by Alexandra there really needs to be a stylist at the helm of the magazine, instead of a two-bit journalist who occasionally writes for the dailymail (I mean, do you want a better example than that ?) I never really know what her opinion is on fashion and to be honest, judging by her personal style I don't think she has an opinion and I'd presume the only label she wears is 'drip dry'.

I know recently they have turned out a few decent issues don't get me wrong but that doesn't off set the countless bad issues in the past, I know people moan about Vogue Paris but if Condé Nast were to replace anybody Alexandra should be first on the list.

Of course this could look better in person but I won't hold my breath for another disappointment.
I totally agree with your every single word.Nothing more nothing less. and I am not sure but I might buy it.Not sure.She looks she is not comfortable and just says Yuck! while photographer capturing

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, kristen, mario, october, stewart, testino, uk, vogue