How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-09-2012
fashion icon

I don't agree with those who say she's photogenic. She always looks mildly uncomfortable and constipated in her photographs. She's a gorgeous girl. I really love her look, but she shows little to no expression in her face and doesn't move well in front of the camera. As for her talent, if you're going by her performance in Twilight well then, yes, the woman is a lousy actress, but I think the best is yet to come. I've read some great things about her performance in On The Road, so I'm excited about that.

01-09-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

this actually looks nice

01-09-2012
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
You´re being sarcastic right?
Other than looking the same in every photo she looks dead in all of them
No. I think she photographs beautifully, actually. But you know, I don't care one bit about her, Rob or Twilight - at all. It's amazing to me that people say she has no expression etc. To me most stars don't have interesting expressions but for whatever reason Kristen does - in this cover shot she looks a bit like Garbo and a bit like Ing Marie Lamy.

I think what people mean by "she has no expression" is that she doesn't have an inane Hollywood smile....since everyone else is smiling and happy I guess Kristen looks the same all the time in comparison.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 01-09-2012 at 03:25 PM.
01-09-2012
fashion insider

I think her interview in retrospect will be more interesting than her cover and ed. It's an okay cover but disappointing when you consider how great their celebrity covers have been this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

01-09-2012
fashion insider

The comments regarding her cheating on Twilight guy is unnecessary, there's a decent number of people out there who do, don't go bashing out at someone you barely know to make up a statement as cruel as that, unless you`re still in high school.

That cover isn't great though, at least not as good as her cover in Interview magazine. I am really curious what the ruffle v-line ensemble is though.

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
If the starting point is turning up on this cover looking like a limp rag doll, the route of femme fatale certainly will be uphill, and can only improve.

Generally speaking, because no part of my world has ever revolved around Twilight, to me, she's just another actress who's slept with her director and is now moving on from her earlier roles. Just because her films gross a lot of money doesn't make those activities any more remarkable than all the countless other young women in movies who have trodden the same path over the decades, perhaps with smaller paycheques, but often in better films and with directors who might have been worth the time.

So I don't mind seeing her in magazines, but I can't buy into her PR situation, it bores me to the point where I'd almost produce the expression you see on that cover. Bring on the contents.
I do think this is part of a PR thing, Kristen changing her image. No, it wouldn't make her any different, if it wasn't for the shock I got when I watched Twilight a year after everyone else and realized she is what makes the movie - she is just so emotive in that silent era style. So I really don't get the criticism she gets about her acting ability....

As for sleeping with her director....she would hardly be the first, nor the last...and certainly not an exception.

01-09-2012
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
No. I think she photographs beautifully, actually.
I think she's far more photogenic than she often gets credit for, because the couldn't-care-less attitude gets in the way. If she was perfectly polished and poised every time a camera came her way, we'd have more reminders of how stunning she could be.

In a way, it's refreshing that she usually isn't. And as time goes on, most people reach the age where they can't get away with being dishevelled in front of the world, so she might as well make the most of that look while she can.

V.I.P.

Quote:

As for sleeping with her director....she would hardly be the first, nor the last...and certainly not an exception.
Agree again. I wish everyone would just move on, it's nothing groundbreaking.

V.I.P.

Quote:
No. I think she photographs beautifully, actually. But you know, I don't care one bit about her, Rob or Twilight - at all. It's amazing to me that people say she has no expression etc. To me most stars don't have interesting expressions but for whatever reason Kristen does - in this cover shot she looks a bit like Garbo and a bit like Ing Marie Lamy.

I think what people mean by "she has no expression" is that she doesn't have an inane Hollywood smile....since everyone else is smiling and happy I guess Kristen looks the same all the time in comparison.
The problem lies not to her lack of cheesy Hollywood smiles, but to the fact that she always like two bodyguards dragged to the set, tied her to a chair and styled her in that horrendous outfit. However flattering M&M's retouching might have been for her, I just can't appreciate her in photographs.

V.I.P.

Photographer depending is when I tend to admire Kristen. Mert & Marcus and Mario Testino have done wonders with her. The Vanity Fair and W covers were both stunners. And somehow I don't find this bad.. well aside from the obvious, with the fonts etc etc.

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I think she's far more photogenic than she often gets credit for, because the couldn't-care-less attitude gets in the way. If she was perfectly polished and poised every time a camera came her way, we'd have more reminders of how stunning she could be.

In a way, it's refreshing that she usually isn't. And as time goes on, most people reach the age where they can't get away with being dishevelled in front of the world, so she might as well make the most of that look while she can.
Yes, to me that is a major part of her appeal, not caring and the sensitivity that she is trying so hard to hide but the camera still picks up on.

01-09-2012
I don't know

Quote:
Ah, the ascent of Kristen Stewart as a femme fatale.
The CW version

01-09-2012
V.I.P.

Kristen's wearing Gucci Fall 2012

style

01-09-2012
fashion elite

I like Kristen and that's why I'm sad the cover looks bad. I'm not a fan of the fall collections either. I'll have to think will I buy it

01-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Queen View Post
Me too! She's a no-talent who got damned lucky!
Posted via Mobile Device
it wasn't luck, it was a miracle! i like the make up but her face, pose and dead eyes makes the cover fall flat

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, kristen, mario, october, stewart, testino, uk, vogue