How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-09-2012
fashion icon

I think she looks good on this one. I mean her sleepy eyes match her makeup so well. I'm not a big fan of that dress as well but overall, I'm buying it.

01-09-2012
V.I.P.

I don't think the cover is bad. Actually I thought she looked really good watching it via cell phone, but now her hair looks rather thin and she looks sicker in a larger pic. Nontheless it's not that bad on the whole.
What I'm more interested in is fashion stories, not her story, so I hope they deliver great eds this month too. I've liked most of their eds recently.

01-09-2012
fashion icon

I'm not really keen on how they styled Kirsten for the cover. It seems a bit drab to me. And as for the makeup, it's a bit harsh, I'm not really sure I like a heavy lip and eye color together. And I think this will be an interesting interview to read since I'm assuming that it was done before the "scandal" broke.

fashion insider

She looks really great but I'm not a fan of that top.

V.I.P.

It's not a great cover. She looks so uncomfortable. I don't have anything to say about her love life, but it's her acting that's just horrendous to me. And the overexposure really isn't helping.

she's got the look

I might be the only one but I really like the cover. Everything works so perfectly and the makeup is stunning! Even though her streetstyle is far from being interesting, when it comes to red carpet events she (her stylist) does it very well.

Mr. Zhivago

She often reminds me of Karmen Pedaru; a very sensual face.

02-09-2012
fashion elite

She can't act and she can't take a decent picture without extensive post-production. Whats new?

old-fashioned

Beautiful hair and make-up, but why does this girl always looks so bored? It's like she's never comfortable, on the red carpet, in photoshoots, always the same face. And it's a shame because she's quite beautiful in action (just recently watched On the Road - weak movie, but made me notice how pretty she is). Now whether she's an interesting cover story I have no idea. I've only seen one movie with her and never got interested enough to bother watching an interview...

V.I.P.

this has soo much potential i feel like all of the pink ruins it so much - it doesn't match and her facial expression looks awkward (though thats the point with her i suppose)

MON
V.I.P.

I hate to admit it...

.... but

I like it. I love the colors, I love the mood, I love the make up! I love everything. Her dull expression happens to live up with the cover`s mood. One of her best IMO

front row

I can't believe it, but I LOVE this

V.I.P.

I can't say I care for the cover at all, and I care even less that she's it made it to their cover. I know previously in the thread people have said she's beautiful, photographs well and is talented.. But really, I just do not get it. She has to be one of the most unnatural creatures infront of a camera. She generally manages to look dreadful, mostly a combination of bad styling combined with her inability to look anything other than pissed off or dead.

I can't say I find her talented either, it's not really the point of the thread here but personally I think she's a pretty awful actress and the sooner these Twilight films are done and gone the better. My magazine collection is plagued with her and interviews telling me she's not really so surly, just misunderstood! Blah blah blah.

Bet the Vogue team are annoyed they probably interviewed her before it came out about her little married man adventures too.

02-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

She looks like they rudely awoken her and she's just like 'can we get this over and done with ?'... I always feel with UK Vogue that they are a bunch of middle aged women sat in the office, going through the newspapers and they go 'oh the kids seem to like her, lets use her'... there is never any consistency who their reader is, I know they think pink/orange/yellow catch your attention, but attention seeking colors aren't a good thing.

I know Kristen plays a vampire but do they really feel the need to make her look like one on the cover ? she looks washed out and as if the flash was too bright, the dark and gloomy styling doesn't help either, there were better pieces in that Gucci collection but I would of preferred to see her in Balenciaga, as a 'celebration' so to speak, with her becoming face of Florabotanica et al.

'Meet the new master of modern couture' I think that is incredibly cliché and not very imaginative, I would presume this is regarding Raf and if it is, then it's a huge kick in the teeth for the real master of modern couture, Riccardo Tisci, this is another classic case of UK Vogue jumping on the band wagon, instead of setting an example they simply just follow it, then they don't have to put much effort in, they usually feature people months behind the likes of Vogue Paris and US Vogue who usually catch on quite quickly to a 'new sensation'.

I feel after so many hideous covers executed by Alexandra there really needs to be a stylist at the helm of the magazine, instead of a two-bit journalist who occasionally writes for the dailymail (I mean, do you want a better example than that ?) I never really know what her opinion is on fashion and to be honest, judging by her personal style I don't think she has an opinion and I'd presume the only label she wears is 'drip dry'.

I know recently they have turned out a few decent issues don't get me wrong but that doesn't off set the countless bad issues in the past, I know people moan about Vogue Paris but if Condé Nast were to replace anybody Alexandra should be first on the list.

Of course this could look better in person but I won't hold my breath for another disappointment.

V.I.P.

I don't like this cover nor do I hate it. There's effort but still what many notice each time lack of emotion from her.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, kristen, mario, october, stewart, testino, uk, vogue