How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-03-2013
I don't know

I love the styling on the cover, it suits her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
How awkward to have a "Your prettiest hair in 2 minutes" tagline on the cover when the cover subject has such a gross mess on her head.

14-03-2013
fashion icon

At least it's not Rihanna. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rihanna again and again.

14-03-2013
you soft and only

Frankly, I'm sort of disappointed that she looks relatively normal on this cover.

14-03-2013
backstage pass

Ph: Thomas Whiteside
Styled by: Joe Zee

elle.com

14-03-2013
V.I.P.

At least it's not Taylor swift....Oh Gawd no more

14-03-2013
V.I.P.

This is horrible, i don't like anything about this cover, the unzipped jacket is so unnecessary and not something i wanted to see, and the hair is just nasty!

14-03-2013
front row

so tacky, Super no !

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
I feel like the part of me that is addicted to bad taste is growing as I get older (wondering what it'll be in twenty years from now, if only I live long enough to know...)
.. .. same here, something about raunchiness that's began to appeal to me in the last years. We'll be 40-something pervs if lucky (plain tacky if not).

Last edited by MulletProof; 14-03-2013 at 12:31 PM.
14-03-2013
V.I.P.

omg, sooooo bad! there are not enough words to express how wrong this is.....

14-03-2013
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
.. .. same here, something about raunchiness that's began to appeal to me in the last years. We'll be 40-something pervs if lucky (plain tacky if not).
Well, yeah... I guess it's a reaction to the contagious lack of creativity we see from most mainstream publications that makes us literally enraptured everytime we face something raunchy or cheesy. And seeing it now in higher resolution didn't change my mind at all (or if it did, it's only for the best... sigh!), there seems to be so much things wrong on the cover shoot that it ends up looking genuinely beautiful in a totally new way. I'm almost feeling the same looking at the latest Vogue Paris cover: too wrong makes it so right.

14-03-2013
V.I.P.

Absolutely. Every time something like this comes out (not full blown tacky but just about enough for now!), I can't hide this grin like when you see someone get away with something that relatively challenges this established (and contrived) line of perfect styling, perfect pose/expression, defined aesthetic, which exists even in publications that parade themselves as the ones that break down these parameters (Purple for example).

I guess I still want 'beauty' as I (unfortunately) subscribe to it (think that Grey cover by Sarah Moon) but when it comes to monthly, less conceptual publications, it's all show time for me unless something really good comes along.

trendsetter

This is so good, she looks so natural and beautiful. The style is on point and its obvious people are saying they don't like it due to the cover subject alone and are nit picking faults.

14-03-2013
fashion icon

What a jacket! I love it. The hair is perfect actually. I love that shade of blonde. There's just something weird about the face, maybe if she closed her mouth.

14-03-2013
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
perfect styling, perfect pose/expression, defined aesthetic
Completely spot on. This is exactly what turns me off these days... to the point when someone talks about the "best-posing" model or flawless styling, I begin to scratch the back of my head. After piles and piles of magazines literally stuffed with images of that kind, the first thing able to make my eyes more or less happier than average is random styling, weird poses, awkward expressions... I seriously think I started to treasure flaws and mistakes as the last precious and interesting part of fashion photography (while this being said, I'd love to see, every now and then at very least, some purely beautiful stories that don't even need this tiny bit of analysis to get my brain going).

14-03-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

one of the worst covers of the year! The hairstyle and angle is not flattering to her facial features the shots wher her hair is more straightened look much better. Not loving this at all

Last edited by Urban Stylin; 14-03-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, april, elle, minaj, nicki, thomas, whiteside