How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-07-2008
-- aGGravaTion de caS --

I love Mariah but that's pretty poor, to more photoshopped... and always the same pose, smile... small dresses and bikini !! NO NO NO

08-07-2008
backstage pass

yeeesh

08-07-2008
there is no fear

I am now 100% convinced that
1.Elle has gone the way of cosmo which is NOT good.
2.Mariah MUST have a requirement of being photographed in a bikini when she is booked for a shoot.I'd guarantee it at this point.You're skinny.WE GET IT.

08-07-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grég. View Post
I would except a well educated girl wanting to be a strong, healthy, powerful, respected & successful woman rather than some anorexic tabloid-whore junkie, who are on every damn covers nowadays. But maybe that's just me.
WhhaaAAA? I thought everyone knew that Mariah is an insane child women obsessed with butterflies and mermaids helped along with the usual plastic surgery aids. God, help me if at her age I'm still walking around finding strength in cutesy charm bracelets filled with rainbows or whatever dressing like a hoochie in the same stretch dress from 1998.

Anyway, I just opened this thread for the expected great comments.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahiyya View Post
WhhaaAAA? I thought everyone knew that Mariah is an insane child women obsessed with butterflies and mermaids helped along with the usual plastic surgery aids. God, help me if at her age I'm still walking around finding strength in cutesy charm bracelets filled with rainbows or whatever dressing like a hoochie in the same stretch dress from 1998.
She can be a nutjob but most of the time, that's just her humour. She's an over-the-top woman, and she's not trying to hide it, or to play the girl next door cart. I don't see what's bad. If she wanted to dress classy, she could afford to buy the whole Paris Chanel store. I think she's a model in her own way; live as you want, not matter how people will perceive you as long as you're not hurting anyone.

08-07-2008
army of lovers

Well, the cover and subject is tragic. Hopefully some good eds with some good models will make up for visual assault of seeing Mariah's moose-knuckle for the millionth time...

08-07-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grég. View Post
She can be a nutjob but most of the time, that's just her humour. She's an over-the-top woman, and she's not trying to hide it, or to play the girl next door cart. I don't see what's bad. If she wanted to dress classy, she could afford to buy the whole Paris Chanel store. I think she's a model in her own way; live as you want, not matter how people will perceive you as long as you're not hurting anyone.
Oh, I think it's fine for Mariah Carey to live the life she wants, I was just perplexed at her being held up as some kind of role model. But hey, you're a fan so I won't extend the argument .

Someone's at the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahiyya View Post
Anyway, I just opened this thread for the expected great comments.
I agree- the only reason to ever peek in threads that have the words "Mariah Carey" is to see the awesome ways and cool comments that tFS-ers have say about the photos.

08-07-2008
boop

Oh I just had a good laugh at this but you know what, she's happy, she's doing her thing and she's relatively inoffensive. I can't expect her to look good or even non-hootchie in photoshoots. She's just not that kind of woman - she is really one of those people whose style is completely different from anything I like but I'm almost glad she's not tasteful because that just isn't who she is.

Any word on the editorials inside? US Elle has had some semi-interesting edits lately.

08-07-2008
fashion elite

did roberta exactlly make a dig at nick's career. TNT.

08-07-2008
V.I.P.

worst elle cover i've ever seen

08-07-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeGal4Eva View Post
^agree

you set the scene

^Me too. I guess it's sort of endearing that Mariah is still so in love with frosty makeup and skintight dresses from decades past; but because of that I find her so irrelevant to now. For me, she's never more than boring and repetitive.

08-07-2008
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
Oh I just had a good laugh at this but you know what, she's happy, she's doing her thing and she's relatively inoffensive. I can't expect her to look good or even non-hootchie in photoshoots. She's just not that kind of woman - she is really one of those people whose style is completely different from anything I like but I'm almost glad she's not tasteful because that just isn't who she is.

Any word on the editorials inside? US Elle has had some semi-interesting edits lately.
Well said I appreciate the honesty in these images

09-07-2008
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeGal4Eva View Post
i wouldn't go that far, but to each her own...
imo pregnant britney (for an anniversary cover no less!) was the worse elle cover...
and the jessica simpson ones are not far behind...

i'm with you luxx on the eds...they always have an interesting model mix...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, alexei, august, carey, elle, hay, mariah