US Elle February 2017 : The Women In TV Issue by Alexi Lubomirski - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

US Elle February 2017 : The Women In TV Issue by Alexi Lubomirski
Reese Witherspoon, Zoe Kravitz, Shailene Woodley & Nicole Kidman:

COVER IMAGES FROM ELLE.COM

fashion elite

Reese and Nicole might just be my favorite because we rarely see them in this relaxed but sultry light. US Elle does actresses justice again.

V.I.P.

Wasn´t this already posted? I remember commenting on Nicole´s cover...

My faves are Nicole & Shailene´s.

It feels like every two months or so, Elle releases its "Women in TV" issue.

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

Well the HBO press team did well. The entire cast of Big Little Lies? I love Reese's cover, I just wish she wasn't biting her thumb and it was a clearer sultry headshot.

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

Nicole's got the best one, imo. It's that effortless vibe with the top paired with denim. Also, she looks great. I'm actually rather fond of Shailene because she's a tremendous actress, but she's very tricky to photograph. Styling should be kept simple with her, in this case it's too overbearing.

Last edited by Benn98; 11-01-2017 at 08:40 AM.

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
It feels like every two months or so, Elle releases its "Women in TV" issue.
Hahah, was just thinking that! How redundant! And then they do those silly "Women in Hollywood" & "Women in Comedy" issues.

The only good cover here is Zoe, it's shocking how bad that angle is on Kidman's face, that is NOT cover worthy! It is surprising to see Lubomirski shoot his first US Elle cover. His career is really going well.

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
It is surprising to see Lubomirski shoot his first US Elle cover. His career is really going well.
Nope, he definitely shot some covers in the past for them, SJP immediately comes to mind. .....

11-01-2017
backstage pass

Nicole and Reece look fab! I especially love the styling on Nicole, she looks gorgeous, a big middle finger to all the haters or 'red carpet experts' for making fun of her botox use like they do every awards season. Shailene's facial expression looks uncomfortable, but her outfit is cute if that stands for anything. How are these multi covers distributed again? Is one subscriber only? Or are they equally distributed on newsstands?

11-01-2017
MON
V.I.P.

The composition!! I seriously hate it when magazines aren't consistent with the composition. You got two headshots and 2 body shots? Why? It looks so odd when placed all together. And the layout is terrible. The paragraph like text? Come on!

11-01-2017
backstage pass

Zoe and Shailene have the best covers. Shailene is always hit or miss with her covers. Her last Elle cover was so horrid, they redeemed themselves with this one.

I just wish Elle would go back to the standard US magazine size because this oversized stuff I still don't like and it makes me not want to buy it still.

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

Love Nicole's cover. She looks amazing.

It's not her botox use - in fact, I'm not sure she even uses botox much anymore. Her face has full range of movement lately. The thing now is the fillers. It's just so over the top, she's barely recognizeable. I think this photoshoot was done a few months ago, before she had some new injections. Once she started really promoting "Lion", she went for it with the fillers and her puffy face is absurd.

As an aside, has anyone else seen "Lion"? If not - you really must go as soon as you can. It's a wonderful film that is tremendously moving. Nicole's performance is stunning, and the little boy who plays Saroo is almost impossibly adorable.

trendsetter

Sorry, but I'm suffering from a case of Reese Witherspoon burnout after all of the covers she's been on lately!
Also, she doesn't look at all sexy with her fingers in her mouth - looks like she's trying to get something out that was stuck in her teeth!!

11-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Nicole's got the best one, imo. It's that effortless vibe with the top paired with denim. Also, she looks great. I'm actually rather fond of Shailene because she's a tremendous actress, but she's very tricky to photograph. Styling should be kept simple with her, in this case it's too overbearing.
I'm all for Nicole Kidman's cover too, love the denim and Saint Laurent, the overall look and Claudia Schiffer vibes from the cover shot. Not to mention how much better this is than Nicole's recent Vogue Australia cover. Major kudos Elle!

My second favourite cover has to be Reese Witherspoon's! She always photographs beautifully but I think Reese looks exceptionally good here by Alexi Lubomirski.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post

As an aside, has anyone else seen "Lion"? If not - you really must go as soon as you can. It's a wonderful film that is tremendously moving. Nicole's performance is stunning, and the little boy who plays Saroo is almost impossibly adorable.
Agreed. Beautiful movie - I cried. And really made me respect Nicole as an actress again!

11-01-2017
front row

All four covers are beyond dull.
If I had to choose the best one, I'd go with Zoe's, but I'm not feeling the blonde hair at all. Nicole Kidman looks terrible on her cover. Like she was just beat up.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, alexi, elle, february, issue, lubomirski, tv, women