How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-04-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srdjan View Post
Seriously? All these US magazines ...it's like a nightmare come true.
sooo true

07-04-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srdjan View Post
Seriously? All these US magazines ...it's like a nightmare come true.
^Ditto, Miley also being on the front of LOVE magazine was enough to put me off. Even with clothes on she doesn't look good, the styling's awful to be fair, I don't think anybody could pull that look off and her pose ruins the whole thing. It's a good job I don't bother with this magazine.

07-04-2014
Mr. Zhivago

Why is Miley Cyrus wearing clothing that conceals her abdomen and legs

07-04-2014
you soft and only

What is that colour scheme? It's awful for May. This would be terrible regardless of who the cover star was.

07-04-2014
front row

Cover in HQ:

Source: whosdatedwho.com

08-04-2014
trendsetter

The collection is already on sale on his site so I guess why not start promoting it. But I agree it is too early.
And Miley is on the cover because she sells, a lot.

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Everyone seems to have an opinion about Miley Cyrus these days, so for ELLE's May Women in Music issue, we asked writer Tavi Gevinson to meet Cyrus on the road and try to get inside her head. The result was an honest, surprising, and revealing conversation between two young women of the same generation. No topic was off limits: Cyrus, 21, and Gevinson, 17, talked intimately about everything from Cyrus's childhood and the strong connection she has with her fans to depression, heartbreak, sexual freedom and race politics.

Gevinson, eight years old when Cyrus made her debut on the Disney Channel's Hannah Montana and a senior in high school when Cyrus's VMA performance made jaws drop around the world, met up with the singer in Phoenix for the interview and a night of her Bangerz tour. Gevinson offers a unique point of view on Cyrus's evolving position in our culture, writing: Cyrus is neither a lost train wreck nor completely sure of her place in the world. She's just searching for it on an extreme scale, and, actually, in a much more unique, unprecedented way than her critics might think.

Read Gevinson's entire essay on Cyrus and their full conversation exclusively in ELLE's May issue, available on newsstands in select cities and digitally on April 15, and nationwide on April 22. But first, a sneak peek at the shoot and a few of the things Gevinson and Cyrus got to talking about:

On being stronger than she used to be…
Tavi Gevinson: Did you feel that limitation under Disney?

Miley Cyrus: You know, I'm really thankful that I started on Disney. I got the most intense training. There's times where I wish I could have just started as a new artist, but the world has kind of allowed me to do that. I feel really lucky—a lot of kid stars get all crazy or stuck in what they were, so they can't actually become what they're meant to be. When I went through a really intense breakup—you know, I was engaged—and when I was with him or when I was on Disney, the thing that gave me the most anxiety was not knowing what to do with myself when Disney wasn't there to carry me anymore or if I didn't have him. And now I'm free of both of those things, and I'm fine. Like, I lay in bed at night by myself and I'm totally okay, and that's so much stronger than the person three years ago, who would have thought they would have died if they didn't have a boyfriend.

On her connection with her fans and what gives her purpose…

MC: I have guys and girls that come out, and they're like, "The only reason I'm able to admit that I'm gay is because you've made me feel like that's okay." That is so intense, because that is a part of this generation—it wasn't always accepted—and I feel like I am a big part of that change. Or they know that I've struggled with depression, and that helped them get over theirs. That gives me a big purpose—a reason to wake up in the morning that's bigger than to put on my ****ing feathers and my little outfits.

On feminism and double standards…
TG: I read that you consider yourself a feminist. What does that mean to you?

MC: I'm just about equality, period. It's not like, I'm a woman, women should be in charge! I just want there to be equality for everybody.
TG: Right! And that's what feminism is.

MC: I still don't think we're there 100 percent. I mean, guy rappers grab their crotch all ****ing day and have hos around them, but no one talks about it. But if I grab my crotch and I have hot model bitches around me, I'm degrading women? I'm a woman—I should be able to have girls around me! But I'm part of the evolution of that. I hope.

…To be continued in the pages of the May issue of ELLE…

Pick up the new issue to read the entire interview, and go behind the scenes at Cyrus's cover shoot now in this exclusive video.
elle.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
08-04-2014
trendsetter

I like this alot, surprisingly.

fashion insider

she looks so drunk or high at the last shot. I like the first and second shots tho

08-04-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post
Miley is on the cover because she sells, a lot.
Where are the figures or do you mean within the music industry? Yeah Miley has recently been on a few big covers but it doesn't mean anything.

Last edited by Abracadabra; 08-04-2014 at 01:23 PM.
08-04-2014
don't look down

I see a cover shot of a person who can't sit on a stool properly, never mind the idea of it being Miley Cyrus.

V.I.P.

if it wasnt her i might actually like it

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abracadabra View Post
Where are the figures or do you mean within the music industry? Yeah Miley has recently been on a few big covers but it doesn't mean anything.
"The reason is simple: She sells magazines. Cosmo’s March 2013 issue featuring her on the cover sold 1.1 million copies on the newsstand."

"And they clearly want more. 'The public’s appetite for her is insatiable,” said Joanna Coles, editor in chief of Cosmopolitan. “She’s the Tesla of magazine covers. There is a waiting list to get her.'"

From WWD article about her covering two Hearst titles in the same month - Elle and Seventeen.

V.I.P.

"Good Sport"

Photographer: Dan Martensen
Stylist: Victoria Bartlett
Hair: Kevin Ryan for Rsession Tools
Make-up: Chihao Omae at Frank Reps for Koh Gen Do
Manicure: Gina Edwards at Kate Ryan Inc.
Set Design: Bette Adams for Mary Howard Studio

Model: Carola Remer

Source: fashionscansremastered.net

16-04-2014
fashion icon

Beautiful Carola Remer.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, cyrus, elle, michael, miley, thompson