How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

US Elle October 2012 : Britney Spears by Alexi Lubomirski

Quote:
Britney Spears and her fiancé Jason Trawick have revealed how their relationship went from business to pleasure.

According to Trawick, who previously was one of Spears's agents, the singer made the first move, he tells ELLE magazine in its October cover story.

"It was kind of one of those things where she moved, like, turned around, so we were face-to-face and then ..., " says Trawick, who became engaged to Spears last December.

But before Trawick, 39, can spill any more juicy details, his fiancée interrupts him, saying, "Okay, that's enough information, sweetie. It was sweet, just say that."

Spears, 30, is more straightforward when it comes to discussing her feelings toward fame.

"I guess I've been under the microscope so long that I don't even pay attention to the nonsense anymore," she says. "I gave up getting upset about things people make up about me a long time ago."

The X Factor judge admits that balancing her career with her life as a mother to Sean Preston, 6, and Jayden James, 5, doesn't always allow for high fashion.

"I love my jeans and my sweats – I'm really just a tomboy at heart. So it's really hard for me to be like Kim Kardashian and be makeup and hair ready every time I go out of my house," she says. "I'm not a believer in that, you know?"

She does admit to occasional regrets about her fashion choices. "When you do wear those sweats, you're like 'Oh God, I should step it up a notch,' " she says.

people

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

Well, that's pretty...dreadful. Her hand in that position is odd and the text is all very much of a mess to.

05-09-2012
MON
V.I.P.

She really looks beautiful here! The grey background makes it look awful! But this is so much better than her last ELLE cover!

tfs star

OMG I'm happy to see Britney on the cover of ELLE, I'm a big fan of it

05-09-2012
backstage pass

Oh no

05-09-2012
fashion icon

Oh come on! I want to puke whenever I see trashy pop stars like Rihanna, Gaga, Katy Perry on the covers of major fashion magazines. Especially if they're dreadful like this one.

05-09-2012
fashion elite

she's so over, don't get why she's on the cover of ELLE

V.I.P.

Its just a bad cover! Bad pose, bad hair, bad face angle (the woman is actually photogenic) bad font, bad background, just no interest in this, and the new art direction with their covers these days. Zero!

05-09-2012
V.I.P.

She looks pretty here but the cover looks like an amateurish version of US Bazaar.

tfs star

Photo: Alexi Lubomirski
styled by Joe Zee

I'm obsessed with her

ELLE.com

05-09-2012
girl who fell to earth

does the actual cover have britney written across it like that?

i remember the selena gomez cover preview did and then the newsstand version looked completely different.

i feel like elle consistently puts out fakeout cover images with alternate background colors etc so i don't know what to think

not particularly blown away by this.

05-09-2012
backstage pass

elle need to pick better cover models

scenester

I love the shot of her and Jason, she looks just divine there. The cover isn't too good, a very safe choice of photo. Although I'll never understand when people say "she's over" - she just had a very successful string of singles in the US (#1, #3 and another top 10) and is still one of the most talked about artists of her generation regardless of whether she's releasing music. She's an icon whether she likes it or not.

Last edited by confessions; 05-09-2012 at 10:08 AM.
05-09-2012
V.I.P.

What an eyeshore. Everything in this cover is just wrong, especially the horribly photoshopped hair.

backstage pass

Am I the only one who thinks the cover image looks NOTHING like her? What unflattering images (especially the one of her singing in the sparkled panties and leather jacket...) And the styling (if you can even call it that) is horrendous. Did the same person who did the Katy Perry cover last month style this as well?

I really like Britney but god, what is this.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, alexi, britney, elle, lubomirski, october, spears