US Elle September 2014 : Kristen Stewart by Michael Thompson - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2014
tfs star

What is her relevancy anymore? Irritable starlet from a poorly acted series? And how LAZY is the Elle team, they might as well shot have the story on Chanel's runway.

07-08-2014
backstage pass

Looks cheap and amateur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post
What is her relevancy anymore? Irritable starlet from a poorly acted series? And how LAZY is the Elle team, they might as well shot have the story on Chanel's runway.
I'm not a fan, but she did have a film premiere at Cannes and was (is?) getting rave reviews for her performance in it. She probably has a history of selling well, too.

Last edited by lawaldorf; 07-08-2014 at 03:51 PM.
07-08-2014
front row

The styling is not even worth complaining about ... just horrible. Dozens of Chanel chain necklaces stacked together divert away from the actual focus of the image, which happens to be her dead frozen face. Is it actually a reference to her Twilight circa 2008 phase? I am pretty sure it's 2014 please put someone more relevant on the cover who actually came up with a new movie/show etc. It gets even more embarrassing when Elle's actual competitors do their best to choose the best talent to put on the cover with the most exquisite styling for September issue.

07-08-2014
V.I.P.

She must be promoting her new movie and being the face of Chanel... and I wouldnt mind seeing her on the cover of any other month but not September. Specially cause Bazaar has LG and a model and Vogue will probably have abig celeb on its cover

Last edited by kokobombon; 07-08-2014 at 04:34 PM.
07-08-2014
trendsetter

Cannot stand this no-talent, and wish she'd go away. Bad cover choice, Elle.

07-08-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Photographically this girl is so dead behind the eyes, so vacant and surly looking. I also couldn't care any less about what she has to say either, it's a mystery to me that we're still seeing her around now Twilight is done!
My thoughts exactly!

07-08-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coutugh View Post
...please put someone more relevant on the cover who actually came up with a new movie/show etc.
4 movies this year, she's pretty relevant

- Anesthesia
- Still Alice
- Clouds of Sils Maria
- Camp X-Ray

Last edited by GIVENCHYlover; 07-08-2014 at 04:38 PM.
07-08-2014
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIVENCHYlover View Post
4 movies this year, she's pretty relevant

- Anesthesia
- Still Alice
- Clouds of Sils Maria
- Camp X-Ray
Okay my bad but I don't think she is so relevant on the fashion scene. She might be active with movies etc. but other than being a Lagerfeld muse she is forever the dead-eyed actress for me. I'd rather pay a visit to morgue than getting my hands on this cover. p.s. the editorial is pretty predictable, any backstage/behind the scenes photo of Chanel supermarket IS better than this spread in full.

07-08-2014
V.I.P.

^she is relevant to the fashion scene, she´s the face of Chanel Pre Fall 2014 and Balenciaga Rosabotanica fragrance. of course she is not of everyone´s taste but the same can be said (and is often said) about other actresses.

Last edited by kokobombon; 07-08-2014 at 05:49 PM.
07-08-2014
V.I.P.

Awful cover, with really bad styling and, as usual, Kristen giving the same face as in every single photo every taken of her.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
^she is relevant to the fashion scene, she´s the face of Chanel Pre Fall 2014 and Balenciaga Rosabotanica fragrance. of course she is not of everyone´s taste but the same can be said (and is often said) about other actresses.
I am fully aware of her relevance as in holding prestigious contracts with Chanel and Balenciaga. I didn't let my own personal preferences get in the way of making an objective comment about her cover. Her "relevance" is limited to a ghastly shot Chanel Pre-Fall ad (the collection was greatly criticized for being offensive to Native Americans) and a fragrance campaign. Designers' choice of actresses to front their own campaigns doesn't always translate to the masses 100%. She doesn't hold much impact on public like her fellow actresses do, which was the gist of my objection.

07-08-2014
everything sucks!

Not enough text

I wish she was shot with her newer short hair.

07-08-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coutugh View Post
I am fully aware of her relevance as in holding prestigious contracts with Chanel and Balenciaga. I didn't let my own personal preferences get in the way of making an objective comment about her cover. Her "relevance" is limited to a ghastly shot Chanel Pre-Fall ad (the collection was greatly criticized for being offensive to Native Americans) and a fragrance campaign. Designers' choice of actresses to front their own campaigns doesn't always translate to the masses 100%. She doesn't hold much impact on public like her fellow actresses do, which was the gist of my objection.
I agree with you on this point, that´s why I don´t like her on the September cover but -imo- to say she´s irrelevant (either in movies or fashion) is a quite inaccurate statement.

07-08-2014
front row

I actually really like the cover and Kristen has always been a good seller so it makes sense that she end up on the September cover. I have high hopes for her as an actress and hopefully she can leave twilight behind her and just move forward. The editorial is really cool as well, i love that they incorporated so much from the Chanel show.

The future is stupid

Perfect!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, elle, kristen, michael, september, stewart, thompson