US Harper's Bazaar April 2017 : Paris Jackson by Jean-Paul Goude - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-03-2017
V.I.P.

horrible... no more words need to say

rising star

this has Carine written all over it. Why is Paris Jackson suddenly supposed to be relevant? I gave her a pass for the Rolling Stone cover since it's an iconic music publication and i genuinely think MJ fans were interested, but this cover is unnecessary. I think most HB readers will be like, "who?" when they see this. The only thing i kind of like is the unexpectedness of it. This is actually far worse than Kendall, Gigi or Bella - at least they work for a living.

14-03-2017
fashion elite

Why her on the cover? Album coming up? Or just another celebrity kid star on the cover without good reason?

It looks awkward but I like the hair + make-up & her eyes are gorgeous but her mouth looks strange here

14-03-2017
V.I.P.

Paris said on an interview for CR Fashion Book (I think) that she wants to try modelling now. So that cover and this one make sense. It's just another celebrity kid playing model...

14-03-2017
boop

I'm interested in seeing the editorial. Honestly, Goude is one of the greatest of all time so hopefully he went wild with this.

14-03-2017
fashion elite

Is that cover photo overexposed or is it actually like that?

front row

This magazine has no identity, it's so unfortunate. To prove we include "FASHION FOR ALL AGES" like we so tackily show on our cover we'll also include an 18 year old nobody knows (besides her dad) on a magazine targeted at, I would think, mid-20s in age and on. Such an eye roll. Try again, Bailey.

14-03-2017
backstage pass

The cover is awful.

She has signed a contract with IMG already. But I rather see Gigi and Kendall than this creepy 80s-Madonna look-alike.

14-03-2017
MON
V.I.P.

Carine must be so proud of herself no. Obviously, this had her backing.

This looks like the sister of her CR Fashion Book cover. How original.

14-03-2017
V.I.P.

A very brave cover for US Bazaar, what with all that tattoos. I'm a bit shocked that Hearst gave the greenlight on this knowing full and well that she'll be covering CR FB as well. Carine is slowly beginning to overwhelm the March & Sept covers of this magazine, much like ADLR does each month at Vogue Japan. This is all her doing!

The shot itself is not awful, and I see flashes of Madonna. But her pale skin, blonde hair and white backdrop does not work well. Interested to see what JPG will do with her.
If Paris Jackson seems intent on going into modelling, getting a HB cover isn't a very good start. This magazine is too commercial for that. Nobody will take her seriously.

14-03-2017
fashion elite

This nepotism thing is getting out of control. This is a disgusting trend that needs to stop immediately. Gigi and Kendall at least have a models physique but all the other's have no business on a runway or in front of a camera. They should stick to acting or singing and leave modeling to actual models. Editors are forcing these people on us and it's not authentic. Let them rise on their own. That would be worth swooning over. Real hard work is respectable.
Getting up and deciding to be a model is not.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by givenchyhomme View Post
this nepotism thing is getting out of control. This is a disgusting trend that needs to stop immediately. Gigi and kendall at least have a models physique but all the other's have no business on a runway or in front of a camera. They should stick to acting or singing and leave modeling to actual models. Editors are forcing these people on us and it's not authentic. Let them rise on their own. That would be worth swooning over. Real hard work is respectable.
Getting up and deciding to be a model is not.
^ this !!!

V.I.P.

She's shot a Chanel campaign, hasn't she? I seem to remember seeing the picture surface from behind the scenes. I think it would be naive to believe that she hasn't landed a cover through some serious leveraging of the Chanel ad spend. If she has indeed shot one, then that's why she's here.

15-03-2017
V.I.P.

The shoot in Paris Daily Mail claimed was Chanel was indeed for this - Harper's Bazaar. On the subscribers cover, Paris is leaping in front of the Eiffel Tower.

rising star

Im very surprised that Goude released a work that bland but don't want to talk too fast since the main story hasnt been released yet. The cover is just the same as the last CR...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, 2017&#, april, bazaar, goude, harper, jackson, jeanpaul, paris