US Harper's Bazaar February 2017 : Madonna by Luigi & Iango - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-01-2017
rising star

US Harper's Bazaar February 2017 : Madonna by Luigi & Iango

Twitter/ Madonna Scrapbook

06-01-2017
scenester

I'm excited for the full edit, the newsstand cover looks so classic and almost vintage, but still ruthlessly photoshopped. Bazaar usually do Madonna justice, although the timing of the cover seems random, does she have some big projects coming up? I'll take this over US Vogue any day, although maybe i just like any cover that's a little more bold than the usual Gwyneth, kate hudson monotony.

06-01-2017
front row

The b&w cover is ICONIC. Reminds me of the Meisel shoot she did back in 91, for Rollingstone. I'm pretty sure that's who Luigi & Iango were referencing here.
Madonna shot this back in May or June. Was wondering when this story was coming out. Can't wait to see the full edit. Great to see her back on the cover of a major fashion magazine. I also feel another Vogue is coming soon.

06-01-2017
backstage pass

Another anniversary issue?

LOVE the cover!!! This is way better than her last Bazaar cover by Terry.

I don't like the first pic, but it also reminds me of her rolling stone shoot by Meisel in 1991, still waiting for their reunion.

Last edited by MDNA; 06-01-2017 at 08:57 PM.
06-01-2017
tfs star

So they followed up one irrelevant pop star with an even more irrelevant one? And giving us the same old same old? Damn why can't she reference any other period than her sex era?!! Something similar to her first Versace ads by Testino would seem downright fresh and exciting right now.

But we are talking about Madonna X Bazaar. Two old dogs with no new tricks.

Last edited by A.D.C.; 06-01-2017 at 08:58 PM.

06-01-2017
V.I.P.

Wow, I'm floored! It actually looks like one of her old images, but they've gone WAY overboard with the retouching to the point of rendering her unrecognisable (probably on her insistence?). That said, I like the first shot which looks more like an editorial start. So refreshing to see her in a romantic dress and jewels.

The actual cover looks great, but the richness of the colours makes it more suited to September than February. What does Madonna have to promote?

07-01-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Wow, I'm floored! It actually looks like one of her old images, but they've gone WAY overboard with the retouching to the point of rendering her unrecognisable (probably on her insistence?). That said, I like the first shot which looks more like an editorial start. So refreshing to see her in a romantic dress and jewels.

The actual cover looks great, but the richness of the colours makes it more suited to September than February. What does Madonna have to promote?
Maybe her Rebel Heart Tour DVD, the DVD probably set to release in late February or March. But I think it's just for celebrating their 150th anniversary issue.

07-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDNA View Post
....still waiting for their reunion.
I have a VF green issue where she was shot by Meisel holding the earth globe, this was maybe, what, 10 years ago?

Thanks for the response, MDNA! Here at least I cannot fault them for going with her. She makes more sense than Gaga. Need to get my hands on this.

07-01-2017
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDNA View Post
Another anniversary issue?
I wonder, are they going to be celebrating their anniversary all year??

07-01-2017
fashion elite

Gorgeous! Makes me think of a vintage movie star. I can't wait to see more pics.

07-01-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.C. View Post
So they followed up one irrelevant pop star with an even more irrelevant one? And giving us the same old same old? Damn why can't she reference any other period than her sex era?!! Something similar to her first Versace ads by Testino would seem downright fresh and exciting right now.

But we are talking about Madonna X Bazaar. Two old dogs with no new tricks.
Irrelevant pop star? This is Madonna we are talking about, she is never ever going to be irrelevant.

I love the first cover, so vintage looking and I'm just so glad Terry didn't shoot her this time.

07-01-2017
backstage pass

i think it will be special issues each month and a massive biggest ever issue in november

07-01-2017
V.I.P.

Very good actually.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Piece Of Me] View Post
Irrelevant pop star? This is Madonna we are talking about, she is never ever going to be irrelevant.

I love the first cover, so vintage looking and I'm just so glad Terry didn't shoot her this time.
I could not agree more. She made one of the most important speeches about women in music recently when she was honoured by Billboard, she is releasing a DVD/CD for one of the highest grossing tours in the recent history, her skincare line is being launched in the US, etc. Some people just have to acknowledge that they don't like her and that's fine but calling Madonna irrelevant is truly laughable.

Also, the reference to the Sex era? help me out here? I can't see anything from the Sex era on any of these covers...

With regards to the actual covers, I like the first cover but the Photoshop is just ridiculous. I almost think it could be an old shot but I know it is not. I like the second cover, it looks powerful. It is Photoshoped too (what isn't?) but she looks more like her own self at this moment...

P.S. And how is Gaga irrelevant? She is gathering so much attention for her last musical offering, plus the Superbowl performance...

Last edited by KissMiss; 07-01-2017 at 03:40 AM.
07-01-2017
tfs star

call me old school but I preferred when a pop stars recent achievements began with their most recent hit song or album not their skin care line. I like them both come on, there's certainly more timely people to put on the cover.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, 2017&#madonna, bazaar, february, harper, iango, luigi, madonna