US Harper's Bazaar February 2018 : Kendall Jenner by Solve Sundsbo - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-01-2018
V.I.P.

Love Ophelie's ed.

V.I.P.

Wow, these edits are actually good! The Tyszka edit feels a bit like it was shot by Akrans, but works overall. I'm more impressed with the travel story. This too isn't original at all because US Vogue used to do it better in the past, but the model adds to much energy to it. I'm keen to know how the logistics of this shoot worked. Did they had to travel across the world for one shot per page?

Will definitely be getting this issue! Thanks for posting, Zorka.

17-01-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
I'm keen to know how the logistics of this shoot worked. Did they had to travel across the world for one shot per page?
My dear Benn98,

US Harper's Bazaar (unlike some other undeveloped countries/countries in transition - like mine, for example! ) has enormous budget for its photographers/hair/make-up/casting/creative direction/visual artists/etc., so it's no wonder if they had to globetrotting for this particular editorial.

On the other hand, speaking from a position of someone who make a living of digital retouching, I can tell you from a first hand that making compositing (i.e. "gluing" models shot in the studio/green screen on a separately shot/commissioned backdrop/backgroung isn't such a big deal as it seams (on the first sight)...

Quote:
Thanks for posting, Zorka
ALWAYS a pleasure, sweetie; as I said on multiple occasions, WHAT is the point of a beauty if it is available only to a limited number of people?!!

Last edited by Zorka; 17-01-2018 at 02:51 PM.
17-01-2018
don't look down

Here's another post of thanks for all the posts you bring us - so much material that we might otherwise miss out on!

18-01-2018
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorka View Post
ALWAYS a pleasure, sweetie; as I said on multiple occasions, WHAT is the point of a beauty if it is available only to a limited number of people?!!
You are a true hero, really! Thank you for your time and all your hard work

18-01-2018
V.I.P.

Yes, let's have a drum roll for Zorka and her immeasurable contribution to this section, folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorka View Post
My dear Benn98,

US Harper's Bazaar (unlike some other undeveloped countries/countries in transition - like mine, for example! ) has enormous budget for its photographers/hair/make-up/casting/creative direction/visual artists/etc., so it's no wonder if they had to globetrotting for this particular editorial.

On the other hand, speaking from a position of someone who make a living of digital retouching, I can tell you from a first hand that making compositing (i.e. "gluing" models shot in the studio/green screen on a separately shot/commissioned backdrop/background isn't such a big deal as it seams (on the first sight)...

I just found it odd considering Conde Nast seems to turn over every penny they have and kill magazines left right and centre, while Hearst is sending their models around the world like it's the 80's. Have never heard of 'gluing', but this too sounds like something HB would do. Thaks for the info!

18-01-2018
fashion insider

Quote:
Yes, let's have a drum roll for Zorka and her immeasurable contribution to this section, folks!

I just found it odd considering Conde Nast seems to turn over every penny they have and kill magazines left right and centre, while Hearst is sending their models around the world like it's the 80's. Have never heard of 'gluing', but this too sounds like something HB would do. Thaks for the info!

I think green screen is still considered a no no in fashion photography but I’m guessing this was shot at one of those Theme Parks with a world pavilion attraction. Not that Bazaar skimps on traveling shoots. Im surprised at the places they have sent models in past shoots. They have sent models to places like Chile and Morocco to basically shoot average “desert stories” that could have been shot in Nevada. Theyve also travelled to Mexico and Spain just to shoot more repetitive “color block” stories their so fond of.

*Edit* Yup... after some snooping, I can confirm this was shot at Walt Disney World.

Last edited by A.D.C.; 18-01-2018 at 12:10 PM.
18-01-2018
front row

The editorials are quite good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, bazaar, february, harper, jenner, kendall, solve, sundsbo