How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2009
V.I.P.

Angelina Jolie

celebutopia.net

Last edited by kokobombon; 09-06-2009 at 01:15 PM.

09-06-2009
Mr. Magic

OMG they're really serious about Angie cover

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15

09-06-2009
Oh Yeah!

I know right...

clo
V.I.P.

I'm really looking forward to Doutzen's ed. Those pics Dadum so kindly posted sure are lovely and I so want to see the whole ed!

09-06-2009
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfl-001 View Post
This entire year of Bazaar covers look like someone's first attempt at scrapbooking.
You know, last night I rediscovered a US Vogue cover that looks precisely like that, and it reminded me that it's not just Bazaar that can stumble with cheap effects for the cover.

For anyone who hasn't seen this before, this is a genuine US Vogue cover, it's January 1993. This happened once and was never repeated - and I hope Bazaar's use of a tabloid shot for their cover is a similar one-off, and that next month, they're back to actually getting someone to sit for the cover. At least Angie is a prettier sight than this mess (image source - my scan CD):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VOUS9301.JPG (190.3 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by tigerrouge; 09-06-2009 at 03:25 PM.
09-06-2009
clo
V.I.P.

Thanks a lot, tigerrouge, for showing us that a worse cover than Angelina's can actually exist. Let us hope, as you say, that Bazaar does not repeat such a cover, the way Vogue didn't repeat it.

09-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
You know, last night I rediscovered a US Vogue cover that looks precisely like that, and it reminded me that it's not just Bazaar that can stumble with cheap effects for the cover.

For anyone who hasn't seen this before, this is a genuine US Vogue cover, it's January 1993. This happened once and was never repeated - and I hope Bazaar's use of a tabloid shot for their cover is a similar one-off, and that next month, they're back to actually getting someone to sit for the cover. At least Angie is a prettier sight than this mess (image source - my scan CD):
That is an awful cover, eek! And i believe i read on some blog that there was a Princess Diana US Vogue cover with a candid as well.

09-06-2009
don't look down

Indeed there was, it was - 1993 again! The May issue, but somehow, it's not as bad as that catwalk collage cover travesty (my scan CD):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VOUS9305.JPG (128.2 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by tigerrouge; 09-06-2009 at 03:53 PM.
09-06-2009
V.I.P.

^^Not as bad, but still looks very amateur/Hello-ish.

Jolie's looks best, and if they didn't use that bad font and banner.etc it would look even better, but still they should have booked her for a photoshoot.

09-06-2009
fashion insider

Oh what a laughable cover!
I bet even Angelina Jolie doesn't knows she is on the cover of US Bazaar

Maybe is the crisis, they can't afford a photo shoot or even a writter for the cover story.

09-06-2009
don't look down

Quote:
Jolie's looks best, and if they didn't use that bad font and banner.etc it would look even better, but still they should have booked her for a photoshoot.
Or used an unseen image from a photoshoot done recently for some other magazine in the Hearst empire. Bazaar would probably still be called out for not using something 100% fresh, but at least it would be an image from an actual sitting, and closer to the type of content that high-end magazines are supposed to provide to their readership.

Last edited by tigerrouge; 09-06-2009 at 04:09 PM.
09-06-2009
rising star

This cover really is the worst I've ever seen. Bazaar UK shot Angelina Jolie last December and it was stunning. Why didn't they just pick one of their shots up? All the other international editions did. What on earth does the reader get out of this cover? Zero.

09-06-2009
V.I.P.

I loove the subscribers cover Doutzen looks hot but the stands cover

09-06-2009
V.I.P.

Doutzen's cover is perfect! Too bad the editorial doesn't live up to the hype (Although I love the fact she looks like a blonde Catherine McNeil in her second shot!)
Can't wait to see Maryna!

09-06-2009
front row

Are you guys really blaming bazaar for not booking Angelina for a "real" photoshoot? I dunno, but this cover screams to me that Angelina backed off at the last second putting bazaar in a bad position. There could be no other celeb who can shoot at short notice (that woulda been embarassing on their part) hence putting a model like Doutzen who probably has less ego than your standard celeb and can come to a photoshoot in like, 5 minutes. Which is good because she looks better anyway. But really nobody knows what happened... and the powers that be in most magazines dictate that a celeb has to be on a cover, by hook or by crook, whether Terry Richardson/Peter Lindberg shoots it or some paparazzi. Sad, but true, and Doutzen looks nice and I wish she got both covers anyway... but then, well, let's get over it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, angelina, bazaar, doutzen, harper, jolie, july, kroes, richardson, terry