How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-06-2009
V.I.P.

Even though the candid shot cover is a major dissapoint Im always excited for the July issue with the fall preview, maryna looks fantastic in all the clothes, especially that sequined Dolce dress is so fun.

13-06-2009
V.I.P.

How does Terry's shooting for Vogue leave his future at Bazaar? If I'm not mistaken Conde Nast photographers are bound by contract from shooting with Hearst publications and vice versa in the US...hence Demarchelier's move from HB to Vogue in 2004...

Maybe he was the photographer The Hiss Squad were referring to considering the departure of a certain photog?

13-06-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post

I did not mean they are stupid , average. Or unintelligent but simply put it they do not place as much emphasis on the 'importance' of magazine covers. By they I mean 'generally' speaking. Do you think majority of people care that models aren't on the covers or that the text is too overcrowding or the cover is not artistic enough.. Of course people purchase magazines that they feel are worthy and on par with what they like but simply put what I'm trying to say is 'average' people DOES NOT EQUAL they are 'average' . What I meant by average was 'people who are of the mainstream' and as a whole .. do not place as much emphasis on the importance of the beauty of art in magazines or whatever. Its just a magazine after all .. like tigerrouge said , I'm not saying ALL but a lot of people dont treat magazines like tFSers do .. like it has to be artistically perfect.. and my main point was bazaar is targetting the market as a whole ,not a specific group of highfashion lovers. Why does people/ok sell? Or seventeen for that matter.. ? Or cosmopolitan?None of them really feature any 'artistic' highfashion material ,or highly intellectual articles.. bazaar is trying to compete with ALL magazines They are not limiting themselves to just highfashion lovers.. and I personally think that the cover is beautiful and will sell which is what bazaar wants

Sorry for the rant , its nothing personal ..
i might not fully understand why you're saying, so correct me if i'm wrong.

so in your eyes, the general public will happily accept a mediocre and lazy cover. or that the general public can't tell the difference between an amazing cover and a mediocre one.

14-06-2009
backstage pass

I don't know why they used that Angelina pic. I agree that it looks like some tabloid magazine rather than a fashion magazine. I like the article on her though and it's a shame she couldn't do the photoshoot. I like the Doutzen cover though.THe editorials always suck on Bazaar but I like it for the other material such as bargain buys, buy now love forever, etc. I still prefer it over Vogue because Vogue always has sooo many ADS

14-06-2009
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_art_style View Post
so in your eyes, the general public will happily accept a mediocre and lazy cover. or that the general public can't tell the difference between an amazing cover and a mediocre one.
I'd say they will notice, but it isn't such a big deal to them, as it would be to someone who has a bedroom full of magazines, or whose career is connected to page design, or a person who prides themselves on being au fait with the office politics behind publications.

If the next cover is a stunner, the general public won't spend their time recalling the "Great Bazaar Tabloid Shot Debacle of 2009" for the next decade on internet sites. It really won't mean much in their overall world view. They'll move on quite quickly, probably to a great pair of shoes they'll see on pg 58 that they'll go get tomorrow.

The future is stupid

source | scanned by MMA

15-06-2009
The future is stupid

source | scanned by MMA

15-06-2009
The future is stupid

This was part of The New Season editorial...

source | scanned by MMA

15-06-2009
fashion insider

Thanks MMA

I love that you take the time to scan some non-ed pages of the issue which show that while every magazine has flaws it also has good features, and that's what counts when you actually read a magazine.

15-06-2009
front row

I love the graphic of "6 key pieces for fall"

15-06-2009
scenester

Thank you MissMagAddict for scan the New season editorial, I want to read this article.

15-06-2009
V.I.P.

Ew, I'm crossing out Bazaar on my list.

16-06-2009
windowshopping

Would anyone be able to scan the Angelina Jolie article? Thank youu

16-06-2009
The future is stupid

source | scanned by MMA

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 16-06-2009 at 12:29 AM.
16-06-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippora View Post
Would anyone be able to scan the Angelina Jolie article? Thank youu
Yes... I'll scan it for you Zippora.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, angelina, bazaar, doutzen, harper, jolie, july, kroes, richardson, terry