US Harper's Bazaar May 2017 : Kendall Jenner by Camilla Akrans - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
I feel like there's a Kardashian in every Bazaar....
Except in the UK edition, because Justine Picardie actually have taste.

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

terrible... everything is just so so big

fashion elite

She looks uncomfortable ... probably because she would never choose this look in real life

BTW please stop with the lip injections .. starting to look like a clown .. just like her sisters

Last edited by DutchHomme; 13-04-2017 at 06:54 AM.
13-04-2017
V.I.P.

Yuck. I thought that after the whole Pepsi fiasco we would get a break form this this chick(though I think this one was probably shot before it).

The make up, her inability to convey emotions, the eye rolling headline... everything, just a waste of paper.

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
13-04-2017
front row

How on earth did the stylist, then the photographer, then the editors, then the EIC, then the publishers approve this? A question I often find myself asking with this magazine. It's not sooo terrible but it's hardly appealing; they consistently manage to produce stuff that just misses the mark and it's very frustrating.

When you have all the tools at your disposal, the ingredients to make something at least decent looking and a revered history as a magazine, it's inexcusable to keep delivering this half-arsed tosh every month. Sometimes they create something gorgeous, which makes it even more annoying when they revert back to messes like this. And if it was me, after the recent Pepsi fiasco, I'd have done everything in my power to pull this cover - although, thinking about it, they probably rather like the scandal of it all.

I've also officially given up on Kendall. I was hoping that after a couple of years of experience and working with the top people she would finally blossom into a good model, but she's not improved whatsoever. It's not the worst cover ever but it's a perfect storm of bad styling, bad model, bad timing and being fed up of those with access to the best still producing mediocrity.

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

Anyone noticed that title? "I'm more of a Jenner than a Kardashian"..

Hell on Heels

EVERYTHING about this is tragic.
here's hoping after the pepsi mess we'll be seeing less of her.... a girl can dream

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

What is with that helmet hair? She does not pull it off at all.

Also, this is probably the first time it's really hit me just how ordinary she looks. Pretty girl, yeah, but so pedestrian. The features are not refined. Weak bone structure. Nothing striking about the face.

Given that she doesn't actually have any talent or legitimate claim to fame, it's really telling about how shallow and unimaginative the fashion industry is that she has been able to achieve as much as she has.

V.I.P.

When it comes to HB and Kendall this is really not that offensive!! Dated big hair, and makeup sure, but i seen worse from both!!

That said, how on earth is Bailey still EIC?!!!

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

Depressingly awful. Those eyebrows are disgusting.

13-04-2017
MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
how on earth is Bailey still EIC?!!!
Still baffles me to this very day.

13-04-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
Still baffles me to this very day.
Simple.. advertisers. Even though it's the least read of the major fashion magazines and not very successful at the newsstand. Advertising still makes it very profitable.

She also cuts corners so much on writing and features that all the money saved makes it very profitable.

She is the Anti Tilberis. Whereas Liz demanded the best from her publisher, Glenda fits right in with their frugal mentality.

That being said though, better images could still be produced if she had taste and her tackiness is still inexcusable for this magazine but her publishers only see the bottom line and that is where she excels.

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

at this point, I´m beyond caring it´s Kendall but at least do something more interesting with her...

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

On second viewing the cover is not bad ...mainly because Kendall's beautiful face...I mean look how tragic last month cover was...
Though it could have been SO much better with better hair and without those atrocious eyebrows...

13-04-2017
fashion insider

The eyebrows... LOL

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, akrans, bazaar, camilla, harper, jenner, kendall