US Harper's Bazaar May 2017 : Kendall Jenner by Camilla Akrans - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-04-2017
rising star

US Harper's Bazaar May 2017 : Kendall Jenner by Camilla Akrans

sillywitchllama/tumblr

Last edited by vogue28; 17-04-2017 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Adding Proper Crediting.
12-04-2017
MON
V.I.P.

Harper's Bazaar is obsessed with playing with Kendall Jenner's hair while wearing red lipstick.

This is tragic. Those brows are hideous. The right one seems like it was photoshopped on.

Is she a Senator / Governor's wife during the 60s?

Why can't they have a Kendall cover without a gimmick? Just her beautiful face with a smile? I don't know who the target audience here is. Does anyone want to look like that?

Last edited by MON; 12-04-2017 at 11:04 PM.
12-04-2017
backstage pass

She's not strong enough a model to pull something like a straight on beauty shot. Her face looks smooshed together and that hair is atrocious.

And I think I've been so preconditioned to airbrushing that the unevenness of her lip (is she doing a smirk?) or is it the overdrawn lip liner, that throws me off as well.

V.I.P.

I actually think this had a lot of potential, but they had to ruin it with the child pageant hair. With better hair styling it could have been better than Vogue Spain with Grace, but it's not.

And what does that coverline even mean? Lol. Both families are naught in my eyes.

Always get the feeling that the US Harper's reader is probably more mature than the Vogue one - more on par with Town & Country. Yes, we still see Kendall & Gigi on their covers, but always styled in such a sophisticated way like here. It seems this shot is aimed to appeal to the 45-50 squad. At least that's commendable that they're acknowledged.

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

Summer beauty issue.... and this is what they come up with?

Kendall's best features are her eyes... yet they manage to take attention away from them with those stupid eyebrows...

I think she is doing a half smirk... LOL

Still this is not a terrible cover...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

13-04-2017
fashion insider

Damn her issue must of sold well for her to land another cover less than a year after. I can't say I hate it though, in fact I didn't hate her last one either and I hate every Bazaar cover.

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicSaks View Post

tumblr
ChicSaks, as per tFS Community Rules, please can you provide us with the Tumblr account as to where you sourced the cover from? TIA!

Not the worst Harper's Bazaar cover I've seen but the mature styling doesn't suit Kendall whatsoever. She looks too much like a little girl playing dress up here, and using her mother's hair products! I am, however, keen to see more because I have been fond of how US Bazaar have been celebrating their 150 years with OTT cover shoots.

fashion elite

They basically turned her into Lily Collins when I would have preferred to see the real Lily Collins.

front row

not terrible, but Kendall is the weak link. Wish they had used a model who's more talented and versatile. The editors dress her up and give her covers left and right, but at the end of the day, if you aren't good at what you do it will always show.

13-04-2017
don't look down

She does suit this colour scheme and I don't hate the shot, but the beauty styling is sitting so heavily on her.

She is a pretty girl, but she's not strong enough to communicate anything more than that to the camera.

V.I.P.

Wow. This is positively laughable. What on earth is that? I don't think our popular culture has ever been in more of a sad state. Models without any modelling ability repeatedly landing covers simply because they have a large social media following and appear in a TV show that celebrates the fact an entire lack of any discernible talent can make you rich.

Aside from Kendall not being anywhere near capable of pulling this look off, it's also a bloody awful look. This magazine baffles me. It flip flips between truly dreadful and semi-okay, with the very odd moments of greatness.

13-04-2017
front row

those eyebrows...

13-04-2017
front row

oh my word! This cover is the nail in the coffin for me buying US Harper's Bazaar. Cannot deal

I know it is so negative to constantly refer back to the 90s Harper's Bazaar of Liz Tilberis and Fabien Baron - but seriously, for a magazine to have such a rich design and photography history especially with their covers to then feel it is okay to put something like this on shelf - CRAZY! NOT COOL

13-04-2017
V.I.P.

It's not actually bad.

fashion elite

"I'm more of a Jenner than a Kardashian"...But you're getting these covers and living that model life because of the Kardashian...

This is the thing that i hate about Instagirls. I don't want to read their interviews. I really don't care about what she is thinking. Just concentrate on the photos...

I feel like there's a Kardashian in every Bazaar....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, akrans, bazaar, camilla, harper, jenner, kendall