How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-10-2013
V.I.P.

one more cover/editorial by terry richardson and I will cancel my subscription, I'm serious I can't take it no more...

05-10-2013
front row

OMG..

I mean seriously. This guys should retire as a photographer. It was kind of cool and ok in 90's. But this is year 2013 for god's sake.

I can understand why 16-25 yo guys would love to browse his images (lot's of boobs yyeeeeaaay!) but high fashion magazine.. cmon.

05-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion debutant View Post
oh,what does that even mean,then?
it means that:
1. Her music is not inspiring anymore
2. Her styling is not inspiring anymore
3. Her whole personality is not inspiring anymore in any way

nowadays she is relevant only for her fans and her fans are getting older and older, nobody else seems to be caring about her, this is simply a generation change and I think that she can not (or maybe not want to?) realize it

Last edited by GlamorousBoy; 05-10-2013 at 09:34 AM.
05-10-2013
V.I.P.

There was a laser skin tightening ad right beneath the first post when i opened this thread. appropriate.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamorousBoy View Post
it means that:

nowadays she is relevant only for her fans and her fans are getting older and older, nobody else seems to be caring about her, this is simply a generation change and I think that she can not (or maybe not want to?) realize it
well,I am a fan of hers and i'm 19...how old is that for you?You have every right to not find her inspiring/interesting or whatever but what you state above is your personal opinion not facts.I'm aware that i probably sound all kinds of biased but looking at the pop landscape these days only makes me happier that Madonna is still very much active

05-10-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamorousBoy View Post
it means that:

I'm sorry but you are very wrong, Madonna is an inspiration generation after generation.
In fact, The new pop star inspired in her very often to give that talk or paste some hit.

Maybe not her best cover, or your best style .. But something if we have to be sure of is that the photographer is the worst, I'm tired of seeing covers photographed by Terry

Anyway,

God Save The Queen

05-10-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion debutant View Post
well,I am a fan of hers and i'm 19...how old is that for you?You have every right to not find her inspiring/interesting or whatever but what you state above is your personal opinion not facts.I'm aware that i probably sound all kinds of biased but looking at the pop landscape these days only makes me happier that Madonna is still very much active
Actually what he said is more than a personal opinion. There's no way anyone would say that MDNA or Hard Candy are anywhere near her best records. Style wise she used to be such an innovator, The erotica phase, the Evita look, the goth/ray of light era all those were things that went completely against the grain of what other pop stars were doing. Now she's stuck in the same rut trying to relive her most controversial era when she was her most relevant except none of those stunts are controversial now 20 years later and yes you may be 19 and a fan but I doubt you're in the majority. As you can see I followed her too but lately I've become bored. She is Madonna. I respect was she's brought to the pop landscape but she hasn't demonstrated any new tricks in about a decade.

05-10-2013
V.I.P.

A.D.C absolutely truly represent how I meant my words

backstage pass

Richardson should be run out of the business for good!
Come On!
Her breasts look like a sad Pamela Anderson wanna be!

05-10-2013
backstage pass

^^^

I've adored the ol' girl since I was only knee-high to my mama's thigh and saw her writhing around in her miles of rubber bracelets, rhinestones and crucifixes in her iconic Lucky Star video. And she's really done it all...

Her #secretproject is respectable enough and I hope she's dedicated to it for more the length of what's she's dedicated to her music these last few years. As a matter of fact, if Madonna never makes music again and becomes the new Peggy Guggenheim-- like she's claimed she's always wanted to be, then I could see myself adoring her in a new light, again.

As reductive and drab as she has become, she's still leagues ahead of any pop star-- then and now. Madonna's still the standard in the industry that all these girls haven't been able to touch. I cannot think of a single female pop star now that I would place in her league. The woman had balls of steel and she had style. The last time she was in a shoot that blew me away was the Mert & Marcus Interview one over 3 years ago. And musically, she stoked that fire in her Like A Virgin performance on her last tour. But, that was just a small section in an otherwise forgettable tour-- by her standards. Still, what's forgettable on a Madonna-level, is still unattainable by other popstars. Beyonce is the only one that comes even close in terms of sex appeal and breathless performance. But, Bouncy isn't a performance artist who pushes and courts controversy and pisses people off. She's a damn fine performer-- but she's not an artist.

Anyway, this shoot is kind of pointless: Visually and stylistically. It's the same S&M and ethnic armory we've seen 10 years ago when she filmed "The Beast Within" and "X-tatic Process" with Steven Klein. I don't hate Terry the way he seems to be hated by everyone here. Maybe he's got wild blow that no one has access to and that's why he keeps landing these hogh-profile jobs... He's very one-note, but that's the standard of fashion and music these days, so he fits right in. I kind of like his two videos with Miley... They're stylish, fun and pervy; I wished there were these traits in this shoot with Madonna. There's no glamor, no humor, no wit and no personality here. I really am bored by the styling. Madonna should be above all this juvenile ****. Yeah, she's just recycling her past glories at this point.

And, let's not forget this Bazaar is nothing even in the same spectrum as the Bazaar that was a trailblazer when Liz and Fabien ran it. So why anyone's expecting anything remotely decent is just asking to be disappointed.

05-10-2013
clever ain't wise

Well, I can't dislike it, just can't.

05-10-2013
V.I.P.

Richardson needs to retire.

05-10-2013
you soft and only

I don't understand this magazine and who their audience is supposed to be anymore.

(I'm guessing Glenda doesn't either...)

06-10-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
^^^

I've adored the ol' girl since I was only knee-high to my mama's thigh and saw her writhing around in her miles of rubber bracelets, rhinestones and crucifixes in her iconic Lucky Star video. And she's really done it all...

Her #secretproject is respectable enough and I hope she's dedicated to it for more the length of what's she's dedicated to her music these last few years. As a matter of fact, if Madonna never makes music again and becomes the new Peggy Guggenheim-- like she's claimed she's always wanted to be, then I could see myself adoring her in a new light, again.

As reductive and drab as she has become, she's still leagues ahead of any pop star-- then and now. Madonna's still the standard in the industry that all these girls haven't been able to touch. I cannot think of a single female pop star now that I would place in her league. The woman had balls of steel and she had style. The last time she was in a shoot that blew me away was the Mert & Marcus Interview one over 3 years ago. And musically, she stoked that fire in her Like A Virgin performance on her last tour. But, that was just a small section in an otherwise forgettable tour-- by her standards. Still, what's forgettable on a Madonna-level, is still unattainable by other popstars. Beyonce is the only one that comes even close in terms of sex appeal and breathless performance. But, Bouncy isn't a performance artist who pushes and courts controversy and pisses people off. She's a damn fine performer-- but she's not an artist.

Anyway, this shoot is kind of pointless: Visually and stylistically. It's the same S&M and ethnic armory we've seen 10 years ago when she filmed "The Beast Within" and "X-tatic Process" with Steven Klein. I don't hate Terry the way he seems to be hated by everyone here. Maybe he's got wild blow that no one has access to and that's why he keeps landing these hogh-profile jobs... He's very one-note, but that's the standard of fashion and music these days, so he fits right in. I kind of like his two videos with Miley... They're stylish, fun and pervy; I wished there were these traits in this shoot with Madonna. There's no glamor, no humor, no wit and no personality here. I really am bored by the styling. Madonna should be above all this juvenile ****. Yeah, she's just recycling her past glories at this point.

And, let's not forget this Bazaar is nothing even in the same spectrum as the Bazaar that was a trailblazer when Liz and Fabien ran it. So why anyone's expecting anything remotely decent is just asking to be disappointed.
Thank you you for saying it more eloquently than i could!She may not be at her creative peak right now but she still sh*ts all over those girls

06-10-2013
trendsetter

Ew, terry.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, bazaar, harper, madonna, november, richardson, terry