US Harper's Bazaar November 2017 : Angelina Jolie by Alexi Lubomirski - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

US Harper's Bazaar November 2017 : Angelina Jolie by Alexi Lubomirski

HARPERSBAZAAR. COM

Last edited by vogue28; 11-10-2017 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Adding images from Bazaar's website.
11-10-2017
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post

*As per tFS Community Rules, please DO NOT quote images. Thank you!
This is so good, but for an anniversary issue is so bland...

Last edited by vogue28; 11-10-2017 at 06:29 AM.
11-10-2017
fashion elite

I guess it's fine but the photoshop around Angelina and the leopard ruins it for me. Does whoever edited the shot even know the basic thing about shadows?

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

Easily, one of the best celeb covers they have done in Glenda's time! Nice to see they stepped it up for the Anniversary issue. Who knew we would ever see a HB cover with a full lenght shot! I do wonder if that is just sub, which lose cool points!

And even more so Jolie, in an actual shoot!! The last time Glenda had her on the cover was when she used a Getty Images paparazzi shot of her.

11-10-2017
front row

Thank you Bazaar for sacrificing yourself. So glad she’s not on Vogue, I’ve never found Angelina to be a great actress or very fashionable. Sure, her charity work is amazing but not the reason I buy fashion magazines.

11-10-2017
MON
V.I.P.

Is it a lovely photo? Of course it is. She looks absolutely gorgeous.

Is this an anniversary cover I would pay for? Nope. For a celebratory cover, it is indeed weak.

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

That is the subscriber´s cover, isn´t it? it´s ok imo, I´m more interested to see newsstand´s though...

11-10-2017
backstage pass

Glenda has pulled it off with this one - tasteful yet striking, referential but instantly iconic. If this is the newsstand cover it's a real collector's edition. From the looks of the edit it's also been done very consciously and appropriately, because it really is such a fine line between respectful and tone deaf, and fashion magazines doing these kinds of glossy shoots in impoverished regions often fall into the latter category. Angelina's VF story was so polarising in its reception i'm actually interested to read this one, and i suspect many will be picking it up from the newsstand for the same reason.

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

Gosh, they really need to end this excuses for arty covers... they always end up looking cheesy...

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

Ugh that picture with the tribal people is so cringeworthy, why is this concept still a thing?

11-10-2017
V.I.P.

I've been massive Angie's fan since she adopted Maddox (and finished with whole that crazy period of her life), so I'm looking forward to this!

V.I.P.

I'm really not her biggest fan, but I must say I like the cover. I's like something we should be seeing for Louis Vuitton Spirit of Travel. And Porter must be gutted because that third shot was certainly meant for their cover. Overall it's a nice set and she looks at ease. Not worthy of an anniversary issue though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
Ugh that picture with the tribal people is so cringeworthy, why is this concept still a thing?
Yeah, it is very cringey! Even though I'm certain she was very earnest, can't believe they went ahead and printed this. Also, am I the only one who's a bit bothered by the fact that Alexei got this big scoop??

11-10-2017
front row

It's a beautiful cover and I love Angelina, but the tribal photo bothers me.

11-10-2017
fashion insider

I don't mind the tribal shot because this is Angelina. It's not some actress just going there for a safari photo shoot. This is someone who actually has ties to the country and does interact with the locals in her regular life. So the interaction to me does seem more genuine in this case.

11-10-2017
don't look down

This sort of bland glamour is Bazaar-by-numbers, although it is strange to see Angelina on the cover of their 'true' anniversary issue, when (as Benn98 pointed out) the actress has never really been a Bazaar-favoured star.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, alexi, angelina, bazaar, harper, jolie, lubomirski, november