How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2012
fashion icon

I didn't notice Gwen when I first looked at this cover. I noticed that big *** hat she's wearing.

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

Wow! It's a really nice cover!

trendsetter

What an unsightly cover! Too much text, too much flower, and too much Terry. And, somehow the editorial is so much worse; there is no story, no ideas, and no purpose in that spread. Just Terry's usual catalogue shots.

07-08-2012
backstage pass

Terry needs to go pronto,i agree with the others, but thankfully Gwen saves it completely! I mean if it was some dull actress/singer on the cover then i would have critiqued this to death, but because it is Gwen and she has not been around for sometime, i can forgive it. I do find though the shot with the alexander mcqueen dress insanely cute.

you soft and only

I think the problem with this cover is larger than Terry. We need to look at Glenda, the woman who approves this garbage, first.

07-08-2012
front row

Why is it that Terry Richardson is getting more work than any of the actually talented photographers? It's like he thinks he's Helmut Newton or something and that he's one of the best photographers in history. But Helmut eroticized fashion, he didn't make it vulgar. I hate Terry with a passion, and I can't believe that Harper's keeps letting him do the shoots, there are so many photographers out there who have so much talent. Could you imagine Meisel or Sunsbo to take this cover? It would've been her style and it would've made the magazine more her.

And can I just say that if I see that awful McQueen dress in an editorial one more time I'll take a chainsaw to the McQueen atelier?

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

Love the cover and ed. Gwen looks lovely.

V.I.P.

Pretty shocked that Lori styled this, must be one of her worst ever! But then you work for Glenda, you probably dont get much creative room, but wow!

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

I love Gwen, and this is not by a long stretch the worst Harper's cover Glenda has given us, but I can't say I'm all that much of a fan. Personally I can stand any of Terry Richardson's editorial work, and how he continues to book cover shoots like this is beyond me.

07-08-2012
front row

I think what is the worst thing in Richardson's photography is the fact that his ego aggresively takes over on each of his work. if the object (and I use this word deliberately) that is being shot doesn't have like this HUGE personality, it's gonna disappear under ERMAHGERD TERRY RICHARDSON tag which is so visible on every picture. it's hard to feel the personality of the people he's shooting and as much as I value every photographer with his own style, this style just isn't right for such publications as Harper's Bazaar. not to mention that he just don't know how to photograph clothes, what couldn't be more obvious on recent HB shoot with Kate Moss. and I agree with you guys, Glenda has to go home.

some time ago I wouldn't say all this, because I'd just repeat what other people say about Terry, but nowadays I don't understand all this hype around him. he's suitable for GQ covers, not fashion magazines.

07-08-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

this would have worked better for a proffessional model the cover is nice but her expression is off and you cant blame her this is a tricky shot that needs a pro

07-08-2012
don't look down

"Miranda Kerr naked" isn't really a great selling point for me in a woman's fashion magazine.

I'm sure they are beautiful images, but it's the September issue, so show me the clothes, the shoes, the accessories, and save the nude shoots for the months when you've really run out of ideas - or has that happened already, about six months into this redesign?

backstage pass

I think the cover image is terrible as well as the photography, texts, and styling. Gwen's expression seem a bit off on the cover and like I&V, Terry needs to stop right now!

07-08-2012
fashion elite

HQ cover

and some shots

fashiongonerogue

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

I don't know very much about the editorial (too much pink) but I really like the cover.

Tags
2012, bazaar, gwen, harper, richardson, september, stefani, terry