How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

They couldn't give her a location shoot? The cover is beautiful minus the text though. Terry usually does better outside of his studio. Come on Bazaar this is September as well as Gwen's huge comeback with No Doubt and you give her a plain white background and a poorly executed/already been done theme "Think Pink"? After Rihanna's great ed with Camilla i am quite disappointed. I am praying the contents are much better.

07-08-2012
backstage pass

Love her and love the cover!!!!

07-08-2012
don't look down

Given the colour of US Elle's cover, and now this, it's like being force-fed candyfloss on the newsstand, so let's hope US Vogue has something other than pink in mind for its September issue.

rising star

This thing looks hideous, it's like a Barbie version of Lady GaGa's style made in 5 minutes... Hope to see the inner editorials to buy it, because it's clear that its covers from now on will be crappy and cheap done.

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

I looove this cover, I think definitely his best for Bazaar. Gwen wears clothes like other celebrities cant, she can effortlessly wear over the top avantgarde, dying over her in that amazing McQueen confection

07-08-2012
tfs star

the cover looks fine for me, I quite like it, but her editorial shots are disastrous. Too bad, usually Gwen makes an interesting covers and eds but this one is just err disappointing.

07-08-2012
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereo View Post
I think what is the worst thing in Richardson's photography is the fact that his ego aggresively takes over on each of his work. if the object (and I use this word deliberately) that is being shot doesn't have like this HUGE personality, it's gonna disappear under ERMAHGERD TERRY RICHARDSON tag which is so visible on every picture. it's hard to feel the personality of the people he's shooting and as much as I value every photographer with his own style, this style just isn't right for such publications as Harper's Bazaar. not to mention that he just don't know how to photograph clothes, what couldn't be more obvious on recent HB shoot with Kate Moss. and I agree with you guys, Glenda has to go home.

some time ago I wouldn't say all this, because I'd just repeat what other people say about Terry, but nowadays I don't understand all this hype around him. he's suitable for GQ covers, not fashion magazines.
Maybe Harper's Bazaar can't get any other photographers to work for them?

I really do think this problem is more on their end than on Terry Richardson's end! I mean, who else do they have working for them regularly? Lately I can recall Karl Lagerfeld (), Victor Demarchelier (he's not his father) and Camilla Akrans (she's okay, but I don't think she suits HB US). Then occasionally we'll get Paola Kudacki and Daniel Jackson, and I think they're alright. Alexi Lubomirski hasn't shot for them since 2011... I mean, I don't know. I can see Conde Nast perhaps not wanting to share photographers with Bazaar, but so what? It should be the editor's responsibility to find suitable photographers, even if they aren't the top notch A++ list fashion photographers.

Other magazines, such as Elle, are able to use lesser known photographers pretty well, IMO. I really do think the problem lies with Glenda and the rest of the team for the lack of vision or something.

I can't hate on Terry for getting work where he can.

I didn't realize this would turn out so ranty when I started going, forgive me!

08-08-2012
tfs star

What brand is that horrible dress? Jil Sander?

PS: Everyone can be Terry Richardson.

08-08-2012
windowshopping

The white, black and pink combo (and the ratio of each) feels a bit too much like a Breast Cancer campaign to me

backstage pass

I used to really like HB, but the issues these days are not good at all. They will never give up on the text overload, will they? And Richardson ... weather I like him or not, I find him predictable.
The bottom line is my subscribtion is ending and I'm not renewing it.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIVENCHYlover View Post
What brand is that horrible dress? Jil Sander?
Yes, Fall 2012

fashion insider

Gwen looks gorgeous on the cover and editorial. My favourite is the the ones where she wears the pink rose hat. I don't mind the pink theme at all. I always disliked that there are specific colours for the differnt seasons. I wish they had done the photoshoot on another location. I think it is really boring with the white background. I'm much more impressed with Gwen and the stylist than the photography. I think it looks very amateurish.

Last edited by Platinum Blonde; 08-08-2012 at 05:34 AM.
08-08-2012
V.I.P.

08-08-2012
backstage pass

As much as I do love this cover, it does have a very spring-like feel to it - due to the color scheme - almost looks like the March issue. Seems like several of the September mags don't have fall colors this year.

08-08-2012
fashion insider

This falls flat. Poor Gwen.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, bazaar, gwen, harper, richardson, september, stefani, terry