US Harper's Bazaar September 2017 : The Weeknd, Adriana & Irina by Brigitte Lacombe - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2017
V.I.P.

US Harper's Bazaar September 2017 : The Weeknd, Adriana & Irina by Brigitte Lacombe

wwd

Last edited by zzzyao76; 03-08-2017 at 12:44 AM.
03-08-2017
V.I.P.

What a random cover trio! But at least it's something different for them. He looks the best though.

03-08-2017
backstage pass

It's sad when the non-model looks the best...

V.I.P.

wwd

03-08-2017
scenester

This is totally cringeworthy!

03-08-2017
fashion insider

Her icon portfolios are always so lame!!!! Why does Bazaar do this all the time. It's one thing when you beat a good idea to the ground a la U.K. Bazaar but the US edition takes a bad ideas and keeps repeating it to death.

03-08-2017
V.I.P.

It really bugs me how only his name is on the cover. What are they? Just props?!! Why even mention Carine then!

03-08-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
It really bugs me how only his name is on the cover. What are they? Just props?!! Why even mention Carine then!
I just noticed that as well, I'm pretty sure Adriana Lima is just as famous as him. Also, this cover could have been somewhat good if he had been replaced with a third model.

Btw is that Karlie Kloss?? I thought she had some sort of boycott against Bazaar. Wouldn't this be her first appearance after so many years as a top model?!

Last edited by A.D.C.; 03-08-2017 at 02:14 AM.
03-08-2017
V.I.P.

I would have preferred this without him or with a third model. Weird trio.

03-08-2017
MON
V.I.P.

Vogue had Zayn with Gigi.
Bazaar had The Weeknd with Models.

Stop using women for props. If you want a man for the cover, do it! Will there be backlash? Most likely, but stand by your choice. I'm tired of seeing covers where the obvious cover star was the man but since it's a woman's magazine, let's use some random woman as a prop. Sheesh.

This stylist is only just as good as the photographer that shoots the edit. I haven't enjoyed a single edit from her since the last time she used M&M, Testino, I&V +++

03-08-2017
V.I.P.

Trainwreck!! Oh my God, this is so uneventful. None of the girls look like themselves on the cover, and they can drape as many bombshells on The Weeknd, he's never be appealing. I'm all for something new, but with this guy they've scraped the bottom of the barrel.

And Brigitte Lacombe, seriously???

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.C. View Post
Her icon portfolios are always so lame!!!! Why does Bazaar do this all the time. It's one thing when you beat a good idea to the ground a la U.K. Bazaar but the US edition takes a bad ideas and keeps repeating it to death.
Do you remember the last time she put all the blame on Stephen Gan, saying he didn't bother coming up with a theme for the Kim/Kanye shoot. So who's to blame now??

03-08-2017
backstage pass

It's an interesting trio, but a wasted opportunity. Wonder if this will run on the September covers of most the international editions like last year? Shout out to Harper's Bazaar Bulgaria or Thailand, if you guys are forced to use this Carine shoot, which is certainly inferior to your local content, be a bit outrageous and use the Courtney shot!

03-08-2017
fashion elite

First of all, Adriana looks terrible and that's quite a big achievement. Secondly, why The Weeknd for the biggest issue of the 150th anniversary year? There seriously wasn't anyone more appropriate who would sell?

On a positive note, Natasha and Karlie look really great and good for them for including a successful country singer, as they are most often a neglected part of American culture in fashion magazines.

don't look down

Maybe I'll take their fashion advice and get myself a couple of adoring women as my accessories.

He isn't even good looking. It seems the rules for covers get relaxed when there's a man involved.

V.I.P.

Interesting trio indeed, but what an awkward setting. The crop is awkward, the posing is awkward and the models don't even look like themselves. Unfortunate.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, adriana, bazaar, brigitte, harper, irina, lacombe, lima, september, shayk, weeknd