US InStyle July 2017 : Nicole Kidman by Will Davidson - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-06-2017
trendsetter

Might As Well... Jump
Ph: Emanuele Fontanesi
Fashion Editor: Joanne Blades
Hair: Ryan Trygstad (Schilling), Bradley Irion (Cox), Takisha Strurdivant-Drew (Aduba), Christopher Naselli (Lyonne), Josue Perez (Prepon), Cynthia Alvarez (Polanco), Reyna Sheek (Leyva), Tish Celestine (Brooks)
Makeup: Gita Bass (Schilling), Deja Smith (Cox), Nick Barose (Aduba), Rebecca Restrepo (Lyonne), Tina Turnbow (Prepon), Porsche Cooper (Polanco), Evelyn Cruz (Leyva), Michael Patterson (Brooks)
Manicure: Angel Williams
Actresses: Taylor Schilling, Laverne Cox, Uzo Aduba, Natasha Lyonne, Laura Prepon, Dascha Polanco, Selenis Leyva, Danielle Brooks

InStyle July 2017 Digital Edition

10-06-2017
V.I.P.

^ how depressing to find one of the best (if not the best) stylists doing that kind of job.. ASOS and Victoria Beckham, and for Instyle..

11-06-2017
V.I.P.

Why so many hair and makeup people for this shoot? It looks like they were shot on the same day anyway.
After all that song and dance, it falls flat, I'm afraid. They could've done so much more with these ladies other than making the whole thing look so corny. Again, that Harper's Bazaar cheapness shines through.

As much as I love Nicole, a cover with Taylor or a group cover would certainly have looked fresher. The cover edit is passable, in a lazy Lubomirski kind of way.

11-06-2017
backstage pass

Isn't that usually the case with actresses? Using their own hair & make-up team rather than the ones the magazine commissioned? That's the only explanation I can come up with anyways

The whole jumping edit had great potential to do something interesting but fails. Much like this current season of Orange is the New Black...

11-06-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmokeRise View Post
Isn't that usually the case with actresses? Using their own hair & make-up team rather than the ones the magazine commissioned? That's the only explanation I can come up with anyways
Not necessarily, the high profile ones get away with it, yes. Cate Blanchett immediately comes to mind. Also Nicki Minaj (who once refused to be styled by W magazine's team, and that was for a cover!!).

11-06-2017
backstage pass

i hate their new fonts. Their new art direction constantly reminds me of tabloids like US Weekly or InTouch

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, davidson, instyle, july, kidman, nicole