How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2004
backstage pass

gwen looks like a doll, but the dress looks cheap for some reason....kind of like polyester

also, I agree about the whole celebs on the cover of VOGUE US. I HATE IT!!!! I think only models should be on the covers of fashion magazines, but that is another topic....

17-03-2004
tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by LilyBird@Mar 17th, 2004 - 12:06 pm
gwen looks like a doll, but the dress looks cheap for some reason....kind of like polyester

also, I agree about the whole celebs on the cover of VOGUE US. I HATE IT!!!! I think only models should be on the covers of fashion magazines, but that is another topic....
unfortunately for us, the era of the model is over.

models are no longer the publicity meter for glamour... and actresses have now taken it upon themselves to dress up and talk about clothing.

remember when in the 90's there was the trend where celebrities didn't care?

now?

models are out, and actresses are in.

pop culture is HUGE... and celebrity culture has taken over everything in terms of the media... it is all anyone cares about.

even the designers are flocking to all the a-list actors in an attempt to have their clothing be worn by them. it is all about sales, marketing, and money. and if the models aren't bringing in the top dollar, why should the companies use them? [i know, i know! ]

and that is what is happening with fashion.

the celebrities sell. models don't.

no one cares about the inner secrets of a model's life. but jennifer aniston? everyone wants to know about her breakfast habits and her runs with brad.

17-03-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by liberty33r1b@Mar 17th, 2004 - 7:12 am
she looks like a drag queen from the 80s

anyways, i think she is one of the ugliest celebs around, and i hate the cover.

i don't see how vogue could possibly do this, i mean, is there anyone responsible for that mistake??

and: who is next???? PINK???

it makes me throw up, to be honest....
Whoa harsh much. Ugliest celebrity? riiiiight. Pink is not even in the same class as Gwen, so whatever Gwen deserves a Vogue cover finally. Anyway yea the whole celebrity vs model thing is spot on, it has changed forsure

18-03-2004
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

cant see it

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by pearsandapples@Mar 17th, 2004 - 8:01 pm
also, selma blair is such an idiot. i love her apple for dinner diet... and her constant query: do i look fat? during her whole interview i felt as though extremely vapid plum skyes was making fun of her. how is that for irony?
That article must be a gem. I like Gwen, and at first was surprised that she got the cover, but it's growing on me (but I agree the dress looks tacky). I can't see the editorial photos - did they glam her all up?

18-03-2004
scenester

My Webpage

Vogue Gallery

21-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by liberty33r1b@Mar 17th, 2004 - 7:12 am
she looks like a drag queen from the 80s

anyways, i think she is one of the ugliest celebs around, and i hate the cover.

i don't see how vogue could possibly do this, i mean, is there anyone responsible for that mistake??

and: who is next???? PINK???

it makes me throw up, to be honest....

i think gwen is the most beautiful celebrity around.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

YIKES!!!!~##$$^^&&*

Hoppity Hop

On the mag's table of contents page, there's an extended photo of the cover shot showing the picture's composition in even greater glory. It really is a nice image.

(And I just ran out of synonyms for "photo" too!)

24-03-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by pearsandapples@Mar 17th, 2004 - 5:01 am
this cover is amazing.

yet i hate the vogue body editions. and vogue's classification of the short [a 5'6" model], the tall, the large, and the pregnant.

also, selma blair is such an idiot. i love her apple for dinner diet... and her constant query: do i look fat? during her whole interview i felt as though extremely vapid plum skyes was making fun of her. how is that for irony?
I don't hate the Vogue body editions, but I do get a good chuckle out of them. Having said that, I liked the profile on Marjorie Gubelmann Raein and the fact that she wouldn't confirm her size to Hamish Bowles. I wonder if there will be some nasty letters about her, but you know there will be some nasty ones about the obesity epidemic article.

24-03-2004
& b

Quote:
Gwen Stefani's house in Los Feliz has a vaguely spooky quality to it. The unease I feel when I pull up in front may simply be the result of my having watched Sunset Boulevard one too many times. There are candles flickering and religious iconography here and there. It's as if Stefani's entire home is a kind of Gothy take on old Hollywood.
While I wait for the lady of the house, I look at framed family photographs in one corner. There is a picture of Stefani as Jean Harlow, taken on the set of The Aviator, Martin Scorsese's forthcoming Howard Hughes biopic starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Though she utters only a few lines in a movie-premiere scene, a cameo in a Scorsese film on Leo's arm is certainly not the worst way to announce that she is ready for her close-up.

Today Stefani's wearing a sleeveless T-shirt with wide red, green, and yellow stripes, and a pair of complicated new Levi's jeans, worn low and long. Lacy underthings peek out from the top of her jeans. On her feet: sweat socks and Adidas flip-flops. Around her neck is a diamond choker that spells out WIFE in Gothic, diamond-encrusted lettering—a gift from her husband, Gavin Rossdale. Her white-white hair is a marvel of structural engineering, pulled back tight on the sides and piled high up on her head in a kind of squared-off, simulated Mohawk. Like so much of Stefani's style, the do manages to simultaneously evoke forties Hollywood and early-eighties SoCal punk. It's quite a trick.
Photos by Steven Meisel

& b

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Love the third picture there, thanks for sharing Ale

& b

Wearing the fab last season RTW Dior dress

fashion icon

I love the one with the white suit jacket & the Gucci Shrug (ideas, ideas )

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, april, gwen, meisel, stefani, steven, vogue