How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-03-2006
front row

So sick of seeing uninteresting covers, editorials, etc. from the US Vogue......especially this new cover. What kind of headlines are these?

"Fashion For Every Shape"
"Let's Talk Sex"
"53 Swimsuits"
"Back Pain Blah Blah"
"Stretch Marks BLah Blah"
"Jennifer Speaks Etc."

Is this the cover for a high fashion magazine or some People or US Weekly?

15-03-2006
scenester

I have to say I'm not a big fan of Jennifer Aniston's but I for one like the cover. I think vogue put her in a fantastic McQueen dress. She should have looked like that at the Oscars, not worn the same style black dress she always does. Even though that Rochas gown was beautiful. She should take more risks, and not be so safe, I think it would make her more interesting.

15-03-2006
God Save McQueen

jens body is amazing. and the pics definately show it off. i also love all of the clothes shes in, does anyone know what they are

also, its the shape issue. whats the spread like for it? is it like last years with the one thing, or is it brokien up more liek they did in the past. and most importantly, who are the models!

15-03-2006
V.I.P.

Why is everyone taking their anger out on Aniston? She is doing her job!!! She makes movies, she promotes them. It's not like she is asking for all this attention! She still has to go out and publicize her movie, her breakup can't be avoided (obviously).
BE MAD AT VOGUE!!! It's their art direction, photography, article, etc. What comes through about Aniston is not in her control!!!

okay, my rant is over...........................
most

backstage pass

I do not get the appeal of Jennifer Aniston. The cover is just

15-03-2006
front row

i'm not mad at jennifer; i am definitely not happy with vogue's editors though. i miss the older much more classy versions of the magazine.

16-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBoots
Why is everyone taking their anger out on Aniston? She is doing her job!!! She makes movies, she promotes them. It's not like she is asking for all this attention! She still has to go out and publicize her movie, her breakup can't be avoided (obviously).
BE MAD AT VOGUE!!! It's their art direction, photography, article, etc. What comes through about Aniston is not in her control!!!

okay, my rant is over...........................
most
I agree don't blame Jen for the really bad cover. I just glad it's her and not Angelina. I have always liked Jen (HUGE Friends fan) and I don't hate Brad & Angie (I like Mr & Mrs Smith) but I am so more sick of them two than Jen.

Every week in every single mag is pics of the two and the kids and the worst part is I have already seen them the week before on JustJared or Pink is the New. Talk about in your face. I wish just one week they would not feature them in a mag just one week. But that probably won't happen till 2013 (I can still dream).

And I have come to the conclusion that by reading comments on other boards that it isn't the Jen fans that have created this whole Pity Party it's actual a two sided group of the media and yes the Brangelina fans. I sorry if you don't agree but it's true. You should read what they say. Absolutely dreadful things about Jen it's just so pathetic and if you say one bad thing about B&A, you get ripped to shreads. They can do no wrong and Jen can do no right. It's the Brangelina fans that need to move on.

Anyway end of rant. You don't have to like Jen but instead of mouthing off I wish they would just ignore her. Don't you guys agree?

I do like that pic of her in the red Donna Karen Dress.

16-03-2006
front row

This issue was so bad that I bought it on my break and returned it 8 minutes later. Yup, I returned a magazine. It SUCKS.

16-03-2006
Reinventing myself...

^LOL!!! I almost did the same thing expect I was in line to pay for it and as I was flipping thru it I lost all motivation to buy it and put it back on the stand.

V.I.P.

i just saw the editorial with Karolina, and have to say it looks amazing.

us vogue clearly continues to deliver dull and boring, and rather disappointing covers, however, one can always count on its eds. I just wish they would FINALLY feature models on the cover again, but this is just wishful thinking, i know.

16-03-2006
God Save McQueen

i just got the issue

the shape issue is always my fav but i hate how they dont profile the models anymore

Mythic Proportions (the shape ed)
Patrick Demarchelier

the models are: solange for thin, unknown for curvy, unknown for pregnant, caroline trentini and lindsay ellingson for tall, unknown for short, unknown for curvy, patricia schmid (??) for short

Rockin' the Boat
Shot by Mikael Jansson with Karolina Kurkova and featuring pharell williams

there is an ed where you cant see the model's face

im surprised there is no meisel ed in this one

17-03-2006
trendsetter

Would anybody be able to scan the shots with Caroline, please?

17-03-2006
backstage pass

(dnamodels.com)

17-03-2006
███████████████

Nice editorial, loveeed , remember other works of Mikael Jansson EJ: Sessile Lopez in Pop Magazine SS2005, but loveed equal

17-03-2006
Iowa Girl at Heart

fashionologie, thanks for those photos.

I'm not feeling the Aniston cover. Am I the only one that doesn't think her smiling is that flattering? I know that's a horrible thing to say, and maybe it's just the angle of the shot that is most unflattering...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, april, vogue