How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2009
trendsetter

I'm a serious Beyonce fanboy, but I HATE this with a passion.

13-03-2009
old-fashioned

so all those models we see in vogue every month - including the eight or nine who will be on the cover soon - aren't real women? interesting. i guess they're just a crop of runway zombies then... (sorry, i don't mean to be rude, but did you realize that while you were criticizing the cover line for being harsh, you used a harsh adjective to characterize the models?...)
"real women have curves" on the cover of vogue sounds just so hypocrite. these attempts to give some "credit" to curvy women are done in such ignorant ways that they end up offending other body types. maybe anna should put beth ditto on the cover next month, she's super real i suppose.
anyway... i really, really dislike beyoncé (and it has nothing to do with her curves, i just can't stand her music) but the cover is not that bad, you know, i can recognize her (which is a very good start), and it's clean, the colors are ok... i hope the contents are reasonable.

fashion insider

I don't think they mean the whole "Real Women Have Curves" thing literally. Maybe we're looking into it a bit too much.

14-03-2009
V.I.P.

^^^aww..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
It's a very elegant, beautiful cover. Beyonce looks the best I have ever seen her on a magazine cover. She shows a softer, more sophisticated side. And the gown looks gorgeous against her skin tone. Is it Posen? I can't wait to see the contents!
^ditto!!!

beyonce looks really great on the cover! she works it! great job anna!!!

God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh85 View Post
IMO Beyonce is the epitome of the vulgar woman, all her "Bootylicious" videos are disgusting but I have to say this is a very nice cover, hopefully the pictures inside will be similar
Bootylicious was 2001. That was 8 years ago.

Since then she has had 3 multiplatinum solo albums, roles in award winning and successful films, performed at the presidential inauguration, etc.

14-03-2009
Looking Up

As much as I like Beyonce AND the cover, Beyonce doesn't strike me as a style icon or a figure of fashion really. Vogue is just sucking up too much to celebs these days.

14-03-2009
fashion insider

I think the magazine has become desperate for new cover stars..

14-03-2009
Looking Up

Yeah definately, its always the same people over and over again. How many times have we seen Nicole, Drew and Scarlet? Too many times, and I personally dont consider any of them style icons.
Some people like Kate Moss I dont mind seeing a million times, simply because she IS a style icon (oh and a supermodel too I think).
Nowadays theyre plastering the photo of anyone with money on the cover.

14-03-2009
backstage pass

Beyonce looks beautiful on the cover
Though it may be safe (which I realize for some people = boring) I think the cover is understated considering it is a U.S. Vogue depiction of Beyonce (simmilar to what they did with Kate Moss) though here I think it works
Can't wait to hear about the contents

14-03-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
I think the magazine has become desperate for new cover stars..
Isn't Beyonce somewhat of a style icon. Maybe not a "STYLE" icon like Chloe Sevigny, Tilda Swinton or that Princess of Jordan, but a style icon in that people can't wait to see what see's wearing on the red carpet or interviews? A lot of people may not think she dresses well, but for someone of her fame, she gets people talking about what she wears.

I can't really think of another black style icon that could be put on the cover. I'm interested to see how well this issue sells. Like most here, I feel that there are too many celebrities on Vogue covers, but she is the biggest female music star (not counting Taylor Swift's album sales) right now, right?

Oh, and I do like the cover, though wish we could see more her body on the cover of the body issue.

14-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
Bootylicious was 2001. That was 8 years ago.
haven't you seen that disgusting "Singel Ladies" video? it's all about her ***. can't she act like a decent woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
Since then she has had 3 multiplatinum solo albums, roles in award winning and successful films, performed at the presidential inauguration, etc
and the point is ...? she's still vulgar

14-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana* View Post
so all those models we see in vogue every month - including the eight or nine who will be on the cover soon - aren't real women?
nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana* View Post
i guess they're just a crop of runway zombies then...
yep :p

14-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
I can't really think of another black style icon that could be put on the cover.
Halle Berry. Thandie Newton.

But satisfaction brought it back
14-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrob View Post
Isn't Beyonce somewhat of a style icon. Maybe not a "STYLE" icon like Chloe Sevigny, Tilda Swinton or that Princess of Jordan, but a style icon in that people can't wait to see what see's wearing on the red carpet or interviews? A lot of people may not think she dresses well, but for someone of her fame, she gets people talking about what she wears.

I can't really think of another black style icon that could be put on the cover. I'm interested to see how well this issue sells. Like most here, I feel that there are too many celebrities on Vogue covers, but she is the biggest female music star (not counting Taylor Swift's album sales) right now, right?

Oh, and I do like the cover, though wish we could see more her body on the cover of the body issue.
BEYONCE? a style icon? sure, i guess she could be one for all the "bootylicious" girls out there.

i'm not hating on curvier folks, but frankly i'm kinda sick of them flaunting their curves in your face and it's sort of like a funny backlash against skinny people? like i've got a biiiiiig booty and i'm darned proud of it! SO WHAT?

IMO, beyonce should just get Vogue to style her for events.

i still can't get over that nauseating image of her at this year's Oscars in that horrific House of Dereon crap sausage dress.

i almost pitied Beyonce because obviously her tasteless mother made her wear that "ghetto-chic" monstrosity (a grown woman still allowing her mother to dress her?!???)

Last edited by TheElitist; 14-03-2009 at 02:29 AM.
14-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
Halle Berry. Thandie Newton.
oooh yes, Thandie Newton is certainly a good choice!

how about Iman?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, april, beyonce, mario, testino, vogue