US Vogue April 2014 : Kim Kardashian & Kanye West by Annie Leibovitz - Page 35 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-05-2014
V.I.P.

Do they count only copies sold in the States? The issue is still on sale here in Europe (I just bought my copy) and I guess worldwide. It would make a slight difference. I don't think these estimates are accurate.

08-05-2014
V.I.P.

^Well, 250 000 is a very unprecise estimate They can probably make projections based on previous months and issues.

Last edited by eizhowa; 08-05-2014 at 09:16 AM.

09-05-2014
backstage pass

That source is credible, and it's a US title so those figures are for US. With the massive publicity, they were expecting over 400k for sure. Rihanna + Kimye is pitiful for Vogue's standards.

15-07-2014
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiche View Post
shame on you anna wintour for agreeing to this

shame on you kanye for being a prop to kim kardashian.. And for a desperate effort to mould kim into something she is not.

Shame on kim for making it near impossible for kendall jenner to be taken seriously as a fashion model

this is a huge fail. Enjoying reading this thread tho
yes to all of this.

23-11-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Anna Wintour Implies Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Not ‘Deeply Tasteful’

Nolan Feeney @NolanFeeney Nov. 19, 2014

"I hope another Kim Kardashian comes this year!" said the Vogue editor

When Vogue magazine put (a fully clothed) Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on its cover earlier this year with the unwieldy hashtag #worldsmosttalkedaboutcouple, some accused the magazine of being desperate for buzz. (Never mind that the issue’s sales reportedly failed to meet expectations.)

But during a talk at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Monday, Vogue editor Anna Wintour said being the #worldsmosttalkedaboutmagazine has always been the goal — while also suggesting that the two stars are not “deeply tasteful” people.

“I think if we just remain deeply tasteful and just put deeply tasteful people on the cover it would be a rather boring magazine,” Wintour said. (Is she unaware that, as far as Kim covers go, the Vogue appearance was about as tasteful as you can get? Did the Paper cover break the Internet at Condé Nast?) “Nobody would talk about us. It’s very important that people do talk about us.”

Wintour sounds like she’s throwing a lot of shade at the couple, but the rest of the editor’s comments appear to be complimentary. She said Estée Lauder’s decision to make Kardashian’s half-sister Kendall Jenner their new face was “fantastic,” and Wintour also said she has a long history of putting controversial celebrities (such as Madonna) on the cover of the magazine and helping make them “part of the establishment.”

“I hope another Kim Kardashian comes this year!” Wintour concluded. The Internet has been warned.
times.com

23-11-2014
V.I.P.

^looks like she doesn't learn from her mistakes... #noregrets

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, annie, april, kanye, kardashian, kim, leibovitz, vogue, west