US Vogue April 2014 : Kim Kardashian & Kanye West by Annie Leibovitz - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
21-03-2014
tfs star

Poor Victoria Beckham. Not even being a credible designer is enough for her to land American Vogue. Perhaps, she should release a sex tape as well?

21-03-2014
fashion insider

After seeing Lena on the cover, I think anyone can be on the cover, so don't worry.
The only ones that will not be on the cover, will be the models

21-03-2014
backstage pass

Kim and Kate in the same issue? It's just nothing but boobs and butts for April!

They had Academy Award's Best Actress Cate Blanchett on the January cover and now the Razzies Worst Actress winner on the April cover. They should do this every year.

V.I.P.

Just lost a little bit respect for Vogue, even though I don't really have an opinion of these two. But really, Vogue just went to the US Weekly/People magazine level with this cover. It's a shame. Having Kim Kardashian, #hastag and the word selfie in a US Vogue cover at the same time... it is not what it used to be.

21-03-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrllaless View Post
I'm actually not bothered by this cover. US Vogue has been more commercial than artistic for a long time, and I'm pretty sure this issue will sell well.

What does annoy me though, is that Kim K got a Vogue cover before folks like Kerry Washington and Lupita Nyong'o.
LBR, Anna probably allows one black person on the cover every 4 years. She should be ashamed for the lack of diversity on the covers. Kerry and Lupita are fashion darlings that the industry ACTUALLY adores and yet Kim gets a cover before them? It doesn't make sense. It's like that quote by Omorosa on the Bethenny talk show where she said colored women have to be exceptional and grand to be taken serious and non-colored women can at least be amateur and they'll get praised.
TBH, I think Anna's time at the magazine should be up. We need new blood.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
If you know anything about Diana Vreeland, you'd now that she would have been the FIRST one to do this in the 60s. "Youth Quake" anyone???
How is a person like Kim Kardashian even remotly releated to the concept of the 60's youthquake?

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
21-03-2014
tfs star

All publicity is good publicity.

Anna put Denim on the cover, People were shocked and disdained.

Anna put Celebs on the cover. People were shocked and disdained.

Anna put KIM KARDASHIAN on the cover. People were disdained, but she boosted sales 100%

21-03-2014
V.I.P.

I mean it's an okay cover and it's not the worst thing I've seen.

backstage pass

Ok, so this is supposed to be The Shape Issue so of course it makes a lot of sense to put a wedding-like picture on the cover, like really what the actual hell, get your sh*t together Vogue. I get some people make a lot of fuzz out their wedding but they just had to ruin what's supposed to be an special issue. Lupita Nyong'o would have been a better fit for this month. I'm deeply dissapointed, I can't even manage to wrap my head around this.

But even as dissapointed as I am, bringing up the sex tape as a reason why she doesn't deserve the cover is vicious, who are we to judge that really. Focus on her contribution into fashion which is not of any transcendency to the industry even when she holds under her belt a big brand of clothing and I don't know what other contracts. Between her and Victoria Beckham the latter has really paved her way to stardom with actual talent and wasn't molded as a product by her famous husband.

Last edited by xCupcakex; 21-03-2014 at 01:46 PM.
21-03-2014
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
How is a person like Kim Kardashian even remotly releated to the concept of the 60's youthquake?
It was a trend favored by young people that was unpopular among their subscribers. Do you get it now?

tfs star

I don't like Kim (I don't know that much about her, really) but she's known for her curves, so landing the shape issue isn't that surprising. Vogue has had other "questionable" cover stars before, it's not like everyone on Vogue is a class-act. And ultimately it's just a magazine, a brand, and a business. In 30 days there will be a new cover. No need for people to flip out and declare this the end of Vogue.

V.I.P.

'Kanye did not beg me to put his fiancée on Vogue': Anna Wintour on why she finally chose Kim Kardashian for the cover

Quote:
For months it was rumored that Kanye West had been 'begging' Anna WIntour to put Kim Kardashian on the cover of Vogue.
But Ms Wintour has put those rumors to rest in her April 2014 Editor's Letter for Vogue's Shape Issue, the cover of which features the happy couple shot by Annie Leibovitz.
'You may have read that Kanye begged me to put his fiancée on Vogue’s cover,' writes the 64-year-old Editor In Chief. 'He did nothing of the sort. The gossip might make better reading, but the simple fact of the matter is that it isn’t true.'
On the cover, which Ms Wintour describes as being 'both charming and touching,' the 32-year-old reality star wears a strapless Lanvin wedding gown with her fiancé standing behind her, his arms wrapped around her waist.
'This is such a dream come true!!! Thank you @VogueMagazine for this cover! O M GGGGGG!!! I can't even breath [sic]!' Kim tweeted earlier today when the cover was released on Vogue's website.
And it seems the admiration is mutual.
Ms Wintour applauds Kim's 'strength of character' in her Editor's Letter, writing: 'There’s barely a strand of the modern media that the Kardashian Wests haven’t been able to master, and for good reason.
'Kanye is an amazing performer and cultural provocateur, while Kim, through her strength of character, has created a place for herself in the glare of the world’s spotlight, and it takes real guts to do that.'
Ms Wintour, who has been editing the magazine since 1988 says a long held tradition of Vogue is 'being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment, who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it.
'I think we can all agree on the fact that that role is currently being played by Kim and Kanye to a T. (Or perhaps that should be to a K?),' she writes with tongue n' cheek.
dailymail.co.uk

21-03-2014
V.I.P.

That Is it I'm done with fashion!!
Anybody now days can buy their Vogue cover. Smh

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniKiss View Post
'Kanye did not beg me to put his fiancée on Vogue': Anna Wintour on why she finally chose Kim Kardashian for the cover

dailymail.co.uk
Oh please, we all know that's a bunch of bullsh*t.

backstage pass

I remember being so angry when Vogue put the Spice Girls and then Melania Trump on the cover. That was when I upheld high fashion as some kind of exclusive, sophisticated thing. Now that the fashion world is accessible and overexposed, I find Vogue to be sort of meaningless (at least concerning who gets on the cover).

What I can't wait for is the editor's letter to see how Anna justifies the cover. Will it be 'love them or hate them, they get people talking' or 'Riccardo said they're cool'? lol. She can be hilariously defensive sometimes when she's trying to come across as unapologetic.

[I see in the time it took me to write this, an excerpt of the editor's letter has been posted and it doesn't disappoint, lol]

Last edited by iriswills; 21-03-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, annie, april, kanye, kardashian, kim, leibovitz, vogue, west