US Vogue April 2017 : Selena Gomez by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2017
windowshopping

Definitely a good cover, while it's very Vogue US, I can't help but liking it a lot.

16-03-2017
V.I.P.

16-03-2017
███████████████

Good Cover too much photoshop

16-03-2017
tfs star

WOW, gorgeous cover. This is stunning! And what a surprise.
Selena looks amazing. Her best cover to date!

16-03-2017
backstage pass

This is the first time Selena Gomez has looked her age and sultry! Because she always photographs very bubblegum and young.

Kudos, Vogue for bringing out the best of her. Can't wait to get my copy, even though I find Selena to be hella annoying and bland.

Also, how often does Camilla do cover shoots? Like once every other year? Where was Tonne?

16-03-2017
V.I.P.

Couldn't care less about Selena but that's a gorgeous cover and ed. Coach must be pissed they didn't get the cover shot.

16-03-2017
V.I.P.

Looked at the cover again, and while I still like her on it, cannot help but wonder how La Lopez would have killed this. It's that whole exotic Latina vibe with all the trimmings (vibrant colours and hoop earings). Now that I think of it, it's the first time I recall seeing Selena embrace her roots so literally for a magazine.

16-03-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Looked at the cover again, and while I still like her on it, cannot help but wonder how La Lopez would have killed this. It's that whole exotic Latina vibe with all the trimmings (vibrant colours and hoop earings). Now that I think of it, it's the first time I recall seeing Selena embrace her roots so literally for a magazine.
I agree. I think Jlo would have killed this photoshoot and cover (which she should have gotten the cover over Selena) just the whole Latina vibe, Jlo can pull off better.

Should have saved Selena for June.

16-03-2017
V.I.P.

I can't stand this girl and I don't understand why she's popular at all. I also don't like M&M anymore but I like this cover. Seems like M&M went back to their original style for this and I don't mind it.

I style wonder why she got this cover over some other possible candidates.

16-03-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanThe View Post
Also, how often does Camilla do cover shoots? Like once every other year? Where was Tonne?
This is Camilla's second this year already, actually.

V.I.P.

I kinda have no opinion of Selena, because I don't think I've ever actually seen a film that she's been in and I couldn't name more than two of her songs (that absurdly catchy "If you're ready come and get it, nah nah nah nah" one and the "Can't keep my hands to myself").

My one thing with her in fashion stories is that she always reads as waaayyy younger than she actually is. And so I've never really been taken by her look.

This cover is certainly an exception. My first thought was "wow - she actually looks her age!" (which I thought was 21 until I ran to google and saw that she's nearly 25 ... so ...). Either way, she looks absolutely gorgeous. It's a fresh, sultry cover. M&M have done a great job here, she seems very suited to their style.

I kinda love it, I have to say.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
(that absurdly catchy "If you're ready come and get it, nah nah nah nah" one and the "Can't keep my hands to myself").
sounds like you were able to escape "I, I love you like a LOVE SONG, BAABY, and I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat".

(it's undeniable good at the gym.. btw).

I just enjoy the multiple ways in which Vogue's fashion-victim paradox unfolds every day. I guess staying up to date with the trend in which you say one thing, mean another, and ultimately do half of both for good measure. I mean, let's embrace diversity! integration is love, minorities matter! beauty comes in all colors and sexual orientations, woo. Now let's feature the face of Brexit.

16-03-2017
windowshopping

While I think Anna is continuously reaching for the tween audience..... For once Selena doesn't look like a kid playing dress up in a grown ups clothing. I would have preferred this to be a June or July cover cuz it has such a summer feel. But overall I like this quite a bit. My only complaint is why TF is she holding her hair up like that? Looks silly to me.

16-03-2017
fashion insider

This is a nice cover, probably the oldest she has ever looked. I agree with others, though - why did she get it? I have no issue with her, but I am not really sure what she is famous for. She's had maybe a couple of hit songs (similar to Hilary Duff or Miley Cyrus) and has never starred in a hit movie that I can think of. It seems like all I really know about her is from Instagram and her boyfriends, which is a shame.

16-03-2017
front row

Surprised Selena isn't in LV.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, alas, april, gomez, marcus, mert, piggott, selena, vogue