US Vogue August 2017 : Gigi Hadid & Zayn Malik by Inez & Vinoodh - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
fashion insider

Zayn is prettier than both Hadids combined. That boy has a seriously pretty face, though he could use a shower, a haircut, and a good meal. The styling is just awful on the cover, truly distracting in the worst way.

1 Week Ago
rising star

I dont even know where to start but just a question ... WHO THE HELL THINK THAT ZAYN MALIK IS STILL RELEVANT ... seriously Anna at this point why not letting Gigi having the cover by herself

For me this cover screams autumn and absolutely not summer and thats weird , The last year cover ( I think she had august also) was fitting the season

The only shot I like is the one with the matching suede suits

Anwar is so unecessary here , He should stick to lookbook modelling like Zalando Topshop or Urban he has the look

1 Week Ago
front row

The only positive thing i have to say is that i'm excited to see Miranda Kerr's wedding dress. If they had toned down the styling i would have possibly liked the cover. I sense this odd disconnect between the cover story and a serious article on Angela Merkel... Does the same demographic who is interested in gigi and zayn care about politics and vice versa? It kind of sums up where American Vogue stands.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyAlbright View Post
Zayn is prettier than both Hadids combined.
This!! The Hadids are unattractive to look at plus both awful models, although Anwar takes the crown here

Such a hideous cover.

1 Week Ago
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
Obviously, they wanted Zayn for the cover, not her.

What a feat for Inez & Vinoodh! Second cover with the same cover star.
Which opens up another line of inquiry. Why him? He is no longer relevant by any means or meausure, his album flopped and by now I think Gigi's become more prevalent in the media.

Awful editorial and cover, just comes to show that if you shoot for US Vogue any talent you have will momentarily dissapear. Gigi looks like a housewife with too much fillers and two sons: one that looks frighteningly malnourished and another that probably shouldn't have eaten after midnight/gotten wet.

1 Week Ago
front row

This is a Joke!

1 Week Ago
front row

Is become vogue us coverstar not exclusive anymore? I mean Gigi just fronting HB US last month.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
This is how I picture the Vogue team right now.

*As per tFS' Community Rules, please DO NOT quote images. Thank you!

giphy.com

So desperate to be y o u n g and h i p. lol
Ditto ahahaha next to Kim and Kanye this is one of the WORST covers in the history of US Vogue, what a freakin´ eyesore OMG and some of you like this ??????????

Last edited by vogue28; 1 Week Ago at 11:28 AM.
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Zayn is better looking than her, and clearly a better model and this is coming from someone that does not see the at all his appeal.

What an absolutely dreadful cover! Everytime i see this " inpired by covers" ( and yes i'm also talking to you Meisel).
Leave Meisel alone!!

And, btw I actually think they're all terrible here, with Anwar (how did he get in Vogue????) being the worst. This type of styling is not for any them, it's too intellectual and demands a certain sensitivity and refinement which they lack. They have no clue how to carry the clothes. That's why they look so clueless in most of the shots.

Also, all these prestige projects are slowly killing I&V! They've just about lost their identity at this stage. First Vanity Fair, British and Italian Vogue, now here. My problem is that I'm not seeing any of their indentity reflected with these covers. It looks more copied from the current wave of photographers doing the rounds than anything. They used to be masters with studio photography! Was 'going mainstream' the price they've had to pay for all these coups???

1 Week Ago
fashion elite

Zayn is better looking than her, and clearly a better model and this is coming from someone that does not see the at all his appeal.

What an absolutely dreadful cover! Everytime i see this " inpired by covers" ( and yes i'm also talking to you Meisel) it always comes to my mind the immortal words of the Mighty Boosh ... "Elements of the past and the future combining - to make something not quite as good as either".

1 Week Ago
trendsetter

Still not sure if I like it, but it definitely has a fall feel to it!

1 Week Ago
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyAlbright View Post
Zayn is prettier than both Hadids combined. That boy has a seriously pretty face, though he could use a shower, a haircut, and a good meal. The styling is just awful on the cover, truly distracting in the worst way.

A flea dip for him probably wouldn't hurt either!!!

1 Week Ago
fashion insider

Absolutely horrendous! I don't blame vogue, they had to shoot these stars for publicity and the styling is relevant to trends, even the photography is good but the subjects did not pull of the looks. Zayn is gorgeous but always looks flat in photos and Gigi is a beautiful girl and terrible model.

1 Week Ago
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Poor I&V, this is as bad as any other Testino mess, which just goes to show how much control Wintour has over her cover photographers. You want shoot her cover? You play by HER rules, sigh!
If that's really true then Anna needs to go.
You can't run a great magazine by neutering artistic creativity.
Can you imagine how much better this magazine would be if artists were allowed to fully explore their abilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelalmeida View Post
DAMN!!! Anwar modeling skills...
Why is he trying to model anyway?! If my parents were rich I'd be at Harvard studying engineering or Parsons studying design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
LMAO i'm cringing so hard. Get that teenager money... i guess?
Everything is terrible here
My thoughts,exactly.
Vogue went from high fashion, to fashion, to celebrity fanzine to teen fanzine in no time.

1 Week Ago
scenester

The article is even worse.

I am excited to see Mirandas dress,she should have gotten the cover alongside Evan.A silicon valley love story would have been way more interesting than this.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, august, gigi, hadid, inez, malik, vinoodh, vogue, zayn