How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite
Vogue US 32 22.38%
Bazaar US 46 32.17%
W US 45 31.47%
Vanity Fair US 6 4.20%
Interview 12 8.39%
V 2 1.40%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

24-01-2008
V.I.P.

I think I could not choice.... these magazines are pretty different imo...
though W is more my tastes...I think H&B is still very elegant... and has a totaly different customers list....
Vogue US is an Institution........ so eventghough I think we need FRESH air in the mag (NEW STYLISTS!!!) it's still good... and I think TigerRouge described it well...

Vanity Fair???? never bought it!

24-01-2008
V.I.P.

I don't think Vanity Fair completely belongs in this category; it mainly consists of cultural and political articles... There are some articles on style, but mostly about the entertainment and political world.

I love the magazine. Don't get me wrong. I just wouldn't consider it a 'fashion' magazine.

I think that Bazaar constantly has great editorials, so my vote goes for the magazine.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by espritDEcouture View Post
Yes, V is an American mag ... if you didn't know yet. I'm also puzzled why Vanity Fair was included and not Elle. Not that I like Elle but still....
Oh yeah! I like V but it is kind of expensive for an American magazine, almost $10 so I only buy it as a treat. International mags I expect such a price for but most american mags are less than $5. It's pretty cool though. I like it.

LOVE

My Vore goes for Us W!

24-01-2008
tfs star

I guess I would have to choose Bazaar, although I like W sometimes. US Vogue is just too boring in general. I like Elle too, but that wasn't included.

24-01-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

Bazaar first and then W.

24-01-2008
backstage pass

My vote is Harper's Bazaar! Although I can't stand their covers in recent times, like someone said before me, the context is extraordinary and very promising!

25-01-2008
V.I.P.

You can't compare these mags reallly, imo.

25-01-2008
V.I.P.

IMO you just can't compare W and Bazaar to Vogue US (that's actually is the worst Vogue ever)

backstage pass

such a great thread!
things were changed.

well,US Vogue definitely changed,in a good way.
now, W is changing,the new issue isn't so bad,but i don't understand why did they have to renew the logo.
my vote goes for US Vogue,i know this september issue will be great!

18-08-2010
V.I.P.

Interview. :p

18-08-2010
clo
V.I.P.

To be perfectly honest, I really don't think that Vanity Fair belongs here as it isn't a fashion magazine. I voted for Bazaar because I like the way its editorials present clothes, they may be simple studio shot eds and the clothes are still beautifully showcased in a modern, up-to-date way, which is perfect for the modern woman who wants to find out about the new trends. As for US Vogue, if you want escapism and a bit of dream, it's perfect and it's becoming better editorial wise in the past months imho. W can be amazing one month, and pretty awful the other, so I'm not a big fan of it.

18-08-2010
V.I.P.

My vote goes to US VOGUE

18-08-2010
backstage pass

My vote goes to Vogue, W Magazine and V Magazine.

Vogue; it is changing and now I find it more interesting, now It's not always with the same models ...for example one of my favourite model is Caroline Trentini, but for American Vogue now She is a bit "boring"...though I am always happy to see her inside the magazine, because I love her! it's normal.

W Magazine; I really love the new layout of the cover, I appreciate this magazine because is modern but classic...I'm Italian and sometimes I read some articles and they are nice...but personally I'm particularly interested to the eds, I really adore Lara Stone for W Magazine. Honestly I don't like all the old covers of W, I prefer more the editorials, they are always amazing.

...and V Magazine, it's just incredible, I Love it now and I loved it (mostly in 2005-07) the covers are funny, special, great photos and interesting people on them...to collect.
Inside the magazine the layout is perfect, I love all the editorials, the photographers, the models etc...

And for Harper's Bazaar...I don't like it, it's boring, thought also it is changing a bit now, but for me the covers are always the same, always celebrities...banal.
I'd like to see also some models on the cover (like Doutzen Kroes months ago!) (like the Uk Harper's Bazaar) , a models issue or something like it...new eds, something of new!!!

Vanity Fair is a sort of legend, is a classic...but I don't know the american edition very well, I read the italian edition and it's nice.

Elle...hmm I think that I hate it, I don't like the covers etc...and It seems to me a "teenager fashion magazine", maybe because in Italy It's totally different...idem for Marie Claire, they are completely different.

.............ehmmm and also Interview Magazine! I love it

18-08-2010
V.I.P.

Interview is probably the most risk-taking US magazine out there. I wish it was included here. They never are on the safe side.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bazaar, fair, interview, vanity, vogue