How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite
Vogue US 32 22.38%
Bazaar US 46 32.17%
W US 45 31.47%
Vanity Fair US 6 4.20%
Interview 12 8.39%
V 2 1.40%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

18-08-2010
backstage pass

Interview and V are probably the more provocative and out there magazines in the US market. But both those publications are either hit or miss, for me anyways.

US Vogue is amazing, it was really bad in 07-08 but it's gotten so much better. I really appreciate the changes they have made with the layout, photographers, model selection, etc.

Harper's is just so bad now. When Vogue was horrible at least Harper's was nice. Every time I go through my copy I thank Yahweh I subscribed when it was only $5.

18-08-2010
V.I.P.

None of them are very good. So I would go for US Vogue.

18-08-2010
tfs star

W! It has great eds!

trendsetter

Ranked:

Interview
US Bazaar
W
US Vogue
Vanity Fair
V (I like V Man alot, though)

ģ

Despite how disgusting each issue may seem on tFS, I always end up buying US Vogue every month.. Out of a habit and because I love the articles more in Vogue, more varied and up-to-date. So it's definitely my first choice. As for the others...

I buy Harper's Bazaar 3 months late when bookstores drop the prices of back issues by half. And usually I just look at the editorials I love and ditch the magazine completely in the shelf. I don't read it at all. It's, well, too boring.

W has substandard eds comparable to US Vogue, doesn't fit my shelf, and is just uneasy to lug around or to even read so I only browse through it in bookstores.

Interview is too large as well. I don't bother.

V is the giantess that reigns supreme in size. I love V covers. If the cover's nice, I end up buying it despite its prohibitively expensive price... Though I only own a handful of issues because beyond the cover (and size), it's nothing special really.

Some Like It Hot

My Vote went to Interview, for the reason they take risks in their editorial content and also that whenever they feature a celebrity on their covers it's never boring, mediocre or generic, unlike a certain one of their counterparts *Cough*Vogue*Cough*.
The two disappointing qualities about Interview though is one, their Paper Quality, its of a rather cheap quality and creases incredibly easy and Two, The Large scale the Magazine is, but those are two very small inconveniences that outweigh their brilliant magazine content.

The rest would however rank:
V
Harpers Bazaar
W
US Vogue
Vanity Fair

trendsetter

US Vogue is just getting better and better lately.. so i choose US Vogue

19-08-2010
V.I.P.

US Vogue and W.

███████████████

Vogue US
V
W
Harper's Bazaar
Vanity Fair
Interview

19-08-2010
fashion insider

W - It was the first magazine the I subscribed to. When I first saw it was literally love at first site. I dunno if its gonna be the same now with the change and stuff but I hope that W doesnt become sh*t.
V - V is the most european of american magzines. I only have issues #61 to #63... Its a good magazine but lately I've lost ineterest of V.
Interview - Its beter than Vogue US, good articles, good eds, good everything.
Vogue US - I subscrbed to Vogue just because it VOGUE its good its okay, bleh.
HB - Their eds are cool but thats about it

19-08-2010
I don't know

to be honest, right now... Elle

But I do like Harpers, it tends to be a bit more easygoing with fashion than Vogue is which I feel takes it self a bit too seriously and is really one note.

But none of them really feel like Fashion Magazines anymore, more like lifestyle mags

19-08-2010
fashion elite

For me it was between US Vogue and Harper's Bazaar because I looooove their editorial stories: so glam and the best styling ever! But US Vogue knows how to pick the best models and I always love the editorials by Tonne Goodman and Grace Coddington but yeah in the end my vote went to VOGUE hi Anna lool

you soft and only

Interview is one of the only English language fashion magazines (well it's more of a pop culture magazine, so...) I actually enjoy reading. I can't read more than one or two articles in Vogue US or Harper's Bazaar before I want to bang my head against the wall.

20-08-2010
tfs star

Interview and W for me.

Interview always has amazing cover and great editorials with interesting articles aswell. The same for W, although I'm not always a big fan of their covers.

V is nice aswell, but a bit of a hit and miss for me personally. US Vogue is really stepping up their game and is improving every issue, although their covers and articles can be a little bland. And I've never bought Harper's. They have some nice editorials, but the rest seems so boring to me.

05-12-2010
windowshopping

Harper's Bazaar vs Vogue
Which is better? Both are glossy and intruiging, but which would you prefer to buy?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bazaar, fair, interview, vanity, vogue