US Vogue Best Dressed Special Edition 2010 : Blake Lively by Patrick Demarchelier - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
UGH Blake Lively! I can't keep acting blasé about her being branded the next big style icon, it's an absolute joke. Her style is horrible, contrived and just bad. I don't care if she's wearing Chanel couture or every pair of Louboutins under the sun, I find it embarrassing that US Vogue is so praising and fawning over her serious lack of style.
Exactly!! Agree 100% with everything you've said.

14-11-2010
When in doubt, wear red.

I love her and I think she totally deserve to be on the list. She's definitely one of the best dressed celebrity at the moment, she doesn't have a stylist and yet always manage to deliver something quite interesting everytime she show up at an event.
Can't wait to see the full list, never thougth Anna would put Lady Gaga on her best dressed list.
The cover is flawless btw.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 14-11-2010 at 04:45 PM.
14-11-2010
V.I.P.

The 'don't have a stylist' line is all a load of bull. They do.

It basically means instead of someone saying to her "these shoes?", she says "those shoes".

Someone's already done all of the work of getting the selection there, the celebrity or whoever simply narrow it down to one out of the choice someone else has already made. If that.

14-11-2010
V.I.P.

The cover image is beautiful as a wide view shot and thankfully it isn't too upclose because she does not have the charisma to be a standout on a newssstand.

Anyways, this thing is $10.99! I flipped through it and it's totally not worth it, IMO But I guess you'll love it if you're into being reminded how styles and trends have been recycled over and over and over and over and over again throughout the years!

ETA: Just wanted to add that besides the fact that it's an annual edition, I think it's also a bit more pricey because of the printing..which is quite nice. But then again, it's mostly just celeb snapshots on fine paper, which just makes it just a step higher from most weekly magazines (that are $2.99!) if you ask me.

Last edited by Mchunu; 14-11-2010 at 07:09 PM.
14-11-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
The 'don't have a stylist' line is all a load of bull. They do.

It basically means instead of someone saying to her "these shoes?", she says "those shoes".

Someone's already done all of the work of getting the selection there, the celebrity or whoever simply narrow it down to one out of the choice someone else has already made. If that.

How do you know? Maybe she legitimately doesn't. Or only uses one for major events. Is it so crazy to think that someone with that much money and access would love fashion and want to pick out her own things?

15-11-2010
tfs star

With or without a stylist, who cares? I mean, whomever can forget this refined creature's crowning moment ...

stylefrizz

15-11-2010
V.I.P.

she's style is so horrible.worse Dressed sure

15-11-2010
V.I.P.

She may well 'pick her own things' but there's stylists involved for certain. Do you believe she gets on the phone and rings designers for them to send over selections to her? Then moves on to calling up her jewellery contacts, before moving onto calling in her own shoes and bags? Someone always pre-selects and then Blake may well narrow it down out of a very small choice. But it's certainly never stylist free.

15-11-2010
memoirs of a...

I'll remember this cover as one of the rare times when Blake Lively is allowed by Vogue to have breasts. The amount of air-brushing they did for her swimsuit editorial in the summer was unforgivable. Also, girlfriend needs to do away with metallic/copper eyeshadow.

15-11-2010
backstage pass

I'm so tired of US Vogue trying to make Blake some kind of a style icon, especially when her "style" is just clothes made of minimal amount of material in an attempt to showcase maximum amount of flesh.

15-11-2010
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
And that's a spooky-looking shot, like someone's grabbed her arm, in an altercation that's happening just outside the frame of the image.

It is Leighton Meester grabbing Blake while screaming "WHEN IS IT MY TURN" at the top of her lungs.

V.I.P.

i would have bought it if it was cheaper
it seemed like decent content

15-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post

It is Leighton Meester grabbing Blake while screaming "WHEN IS IT MY TURN" at the top of her lungs.

V.I.P.

grate cover

scenester

Very nice cover

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, blake, demarchelier, dressed, edition, lively, patrick, special, vogue