How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-11-2010
you soft and only

I'm curious to read the Michaela Bercu feature, which sounds like the only interesting thing in this entire magazine.

17-11-2010
fashion insider

i dont understand the concept of best dressed lists- shouldn't the stylist be held accountable for good & bad markings on the basis of style?

& does anyone know which outfit/look/theme/costume they are considering good from gaga? half the stuff she wears isn't actually wearable.

17-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentalicious View Post
HQ's

[superiorpics.com]
These two pictures inside are, in my opinion, the best two photographs of Blake.. ever. Why they didn't use any of them for the cover and picked a slightly deformed picture instead if just beyond me.

I don't find the list too bad and I'm not really bothered if it's a mix of girls with or without a stylist, whether you are getting help from your mom, your best friend or someone who actually spends time studying trends and your style to find you the right look, I think that, when done right, it's all equally valid, you are still selling your image.. but, I do think that magazines or celebrities could be less silly about the whole mechanism and acknowledge the professionals behind it that get paid for it and could be benefited from the exposure... you have fantastic people like Nicola Formichetti throwing ideas to that Gaga singer, the guy's been working his a*s off since he was still a teenager, he's 100% devoted to fashion and does what he does now thanks to previous work that the public might want to know and get inspired by, so why not acknowledge him as the brains behind the celebrity that pays him for her image?, that does not take credit off her, you still need someone with a lot of guts and vision to pull off his outfits so the credit is equal.

Decent list anyway, the only ones whose style I find highly interesting and inspirational are Michelle Obama and Liya Kebede and I think the 'independent' and 'conscious chic' labels are, respectively, very befitting. The rest I'm immune to.. with the exception of Jessica Biel, whose appearance just leaves a question mark on me.. she's on the same league as Jennifer Garner.. their sense of fashion is as uncomplicated as it is unimportant to even deserve a mention.

front row

has this come out in the UK?

Estonian streetstyle site
19-11-2010
trendsetter

Just interested with Michaela & Natalia's articles..

19-11-2010
fashion insider

I've got it and the photographs are breathtaking even though I've seen them before. The features are wonderful such a good read. Most of the content should have been in an actual issue, but still great nonetheless.

20-11-2010
fashion elite

Through the Looking Glass

nataliavodianova-fan02.blogspot.com

20-11-2010
V.I.P.

love that article! her style is truly amazing, for me Natalia should have been on that cover

20-11-2010
backstage pass

Blake Lively again? Her style is pretty boring and really not distinctive. She just wears low cut dresses which are really not nice. I like her hair though

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

I saw this at the store today and flipped through it, the entire issue was meh, but I really liked the features of Liya Kebede, Carey Mulligan, and Marion Cotillard.

I might have picked it up if it hadn't been $10.99!!! Ms. Wintour must be smoking something if she thinks I'm going to pay that much for such a small issue not even full of people with that great of a style. what does she think this is, an international magazine like VP? I don't think so lady.

21-11-2010
fashion insider

Blake Lively (and almost everyone else featured in this magazine) is such a random choice. And Jessica Biel? Like, why? Who's Shala Monroque?

22-11-2010
fashion insider

Does anyone have any of the features to post? Would love to see what images they chose.
I doubt there are any outtakes?

22-11-2010
fashion elite

me paying $11 for some little pamplet (because thats essentially what it is, its like at the most 150 pages) edited by anna wintour is simply not something that is going to happen in this lifetime.

22-11-2010
V.I.P.

I Love Natalia's Ed

26-11-2010
French Chic

(my own scans)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, blake, demarchelier, dressed, edition, lively, patrick, special, vogue