How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-11-2013
rising star

OH MY!!! I cannot believe how great this Kate ed is! I love every single photo here! Testino really is at his best when he works with Kate!

12-11-2013
fashion elite

One of the best Vogue US issues in a long time...no complain.

12-11-2013
V.I.P.

^ I also think its a wonderful December issue, I'm gonna enjoy looking at this in print.

12-11-2013
V.I.P.

Jessica's ed is breathtaking! It looks very Pre-Raphaelite inspired which I love. Sophie Turner's beauty shot blows my mind and Kate's ed is also quite beautiful. A stellar December issue, as far as I'm concerned. Definitely buying it!

12-11-2013
trendsetter

I love Kate's editorial that was shot in Istanbul. Showcases the texture of this city perfectly.

12-11-2013
V.I.P.

not really liking it as much as everyone else but i do like bling rings...georgia's shot is the best in the editorials so far!

V.I.P.

Wow, this issue is solid! Everything from Walker, Testino and Demarchelier's editorial to Jessica's accompanying spread, all perfect!

The cover looks really vibrant for December and I think it looks so good. Although the positioning of Jessica's head is a little, just a little, weird.

V.I.P.

I like it; it's different and eye-catching. Smart. The yellow is gorgeous on her too.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
13-11-2013
V.I.P.

Great content! I really like kate's ed and jessica's as well

fashion icon

Jessica's editorial is gorgeous!

I wish that editorial with Chewitel Ejifor was with his luminous co-star Lupita Nyong'o.

13-11-2013
fashion insider

I see Van Gogh, Klimt, Valloton, Zorn, Magritte and I think that B&W picture could be inspired by Margaret Cameron if we consider the 'period' they were going for (overthinking?).

Anyway, this is super original. They have been doing this kind of art-eds since the 60's, but this might be the worst I've seen. Plus, they could have used another art period as a reference, that era is so overdone (especially when the 'model' is pale and red-haired); or they could have add something personal and modern at least...

Furthermore, those new eds are an eyesore. I just can't stand the 'famous man + model' combo and the MG one is beyond cheap.

Last edited by Creative; 13-11-2013 at 04:34 AM.
13-11-2013
she's got the look

Demarchelier's editorial looks quite fresh. Actually, it would be ideal for Allure, but I like seeing it in Vogue, though.

Edie's editorial is LOVE! Tim has delivered great work this year (not that he usually doesn't, but it feels more appealing somehow).

I also love the cover AND the cover choice. Jessica is really lovely, just whish she had a smiling shot.

Kate's is soooo deja-vu, seriously. And she doesn't even look like herself. Another airbrushing nightmare.

tfs star

I'm so excited for Jessica. She is one of my favourite actresses, so extremely talented. While the cover isn't exactly my cup of tea, I have to say I like her editorial. I'm not a massive Vogue US fan, but there are some gorgeous photographs.
The Kate/Chiwetel editorial is very strong as well.

V.I.P.

Kate is looking so beautiful in The Silk Road!

V.I.P.

Kate's ed is really classic and beautiful, how wonderful!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, annie, chastain, december, jessica, leibovitz, vogue