How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

Manifest Destiny
Arizona Muse by Peter Lindbergh

nextmodelsblog

18-01-2011
goodbye kiss

oh it's been a long time I don't like an US Vogue editorial like Manifest Destiny (what's the relation between the ed & the book? if there's any...)... I have to admit Arizona's been growing on me, the Calvin Klein shot is my favorite one thanks tarsha.

18-01-2011
tfs star

great editorial

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

when was the last time US Vogue gave a model a feature article and a whole complete edit?
ugh this is just terrific, i'm quite happy for Vogue's new found model choice. Arizona looks so now.

trendsetter

wow, the editorial is amazing, simple and captivating, i love Peter's style,
just like the january editorial with Daria, the background could be the same,also it has the cinematic vibe, totally in love with this ed. thank you tarsha
i wouldn't mind seeing her every month.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair View Post
the first and fourth photos in #187 are horrible...
besides that, this is actually not bad for kstew and i like the fact that they paired her up with proenza schouler...she is the perfect celeb for their brand...
honestly, considering who else has been on the cover of vogue (lisa marie presley, melania trump, sienna miller -- way too many times) and that fact that kristen has a legitimate movie career (and yes, i know there are alot of other actresses out there who do and haven't been on the cover of vogue), this cover is deserved...
at least she's not on the cover of the shape, age or power issues...
Yeah, really bad. i think those are horrible pictures of her. She looks constipated. The cover on the other hand is charming in so many ways.

ETA: Looking at the editorial makes me so happy that they selected the image they did for the cover shot. It pricks you in a certain way...makes me want to stare. Does exactly what a cover image should do.

Last edited by Mchunu; 18-01-2011 at 03:23 PM.
18-01-2011
V.I.P.

Manifest Destiny
One of the best eds I've seen in a while in any magazine.. and my favorite US Vogue story since Natalia's story in July 200..7? 2008? (the issue with her on the cover).
Lindbergh is just incredible, he brought back so much vitality to US Vogue and then Tonne Goodman.. and this Arizona girl, it's like she's been doing this for years. Her rapid success plus her previous experience with modeling (before her baby) and without many results remind me a bit of how Natalia Vodianova came on.. she's such a classic beauty and even if it gets to a point where she doesn't show that much versatility, I don't think editors will let go of her that easily..

thanks for posting, tarsha!

front row

wow. im surprised that Anna gave a rather new model her own editorial and article. She must really like her. could this be the end to the Karlie empire?? i hope so. as for the editorial... its beautiful, but not the most exciting thing ive seen from Vogue. i also think its a little similar to the setting of Lindberg's editorial from last month.
so does anyone have the full content?

Last edited by holaloha; 18-01-2011 at 03:44 PM.
18-01-2011
front row

Oh god,i gotta say i'm really kappy to see Kristen on the cover but i absolutely hate her hair color here

But on the other hand,i adore Arizona's editorial

18-01-2011
fashion elite

im not a big fan of karlie bc i get very annoyed by her trying-too-hard pose.

arizona is a totally different story. she just draws you closer and closer to her everytime u look at her. her look is not overly beautiful but mysterious and sensual. there is so much depth in her poses that keeps you searching for what taht she is trying to express.

i hope she keeps workign hard to better herself as a model. bc i dont want to see her rapidly explode into the fashion world then quickly disappeared in the same manner like so many other models.

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

Is there anyone who thinks that Arizona isn't that spectacular?
She has striking face but if we'll her on every issue of US Vogue, starting from this one, I would love to see all the comments in July or August about her being so boring, there will be the same story like Daria, Caroline, Raquel & Karlie.

18-01-2011
backstage pass

^ I'm already needing a detox from an arizona-overdose. She does nothing for me.

18-01-2011
fashion elite

oh i will never complain about daria's features in vogue us. never get tired of daria's works in vogue us. her works just get better and better. her last us vogue ed just proves this point.

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

I can't believe how much Vogue failed with Kristen's "editorial". She looks flawless in the behind the scenes video - and then the pictures look like that? Was Wintour high when she agreed on having those pictures in the magazine?

Arizona's editorial is, however, breathtaking. She looks almost regal, the surroundings are beyond gorgeous, the colours and the photographs are just right.

French Chic

Lindbergh works his magic with Arizona and it was only a matter of time.......as she has worked with just about all the big guns in a matter of months. Lindbergh's work for this magazine has been nothing short of sensational lately, the pic with Arizona and her son is classic Lindbergh and I wanna see more work with her in the future. His style of photography suits her perfectly and it seems as though the all-American girl is hopefully, gonna be a regular in Vogue US.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, february, kristen, mario, stewart, testino, vogue