How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2011
V.I.P.

Wow...did they even attempt to make her look good.

It looks like she's about to be violated or something on the cover.
And the ed does not look good either. Sigh...I was actually hoping to be shocked.

US Vogue come on now...please...are they even trying anymore?

Last edited by sobriquet87; 13-01-2011 at 09:28 PM.

13-01-2011
MON
V.I.P.

I like it! I love how mysterious her face looks and how her pose somehow seems so subtle but mysterious. I love the Red but the white and black makes it a bit dull.

This really turned out better than what I expected. Good job.

goodbye kiss

I also don't like her, I used to when I saw In The Land of Women and The Messenger, but the whole Twilight hype and overexposure made me get tired of her. But if you think about it, Blake Lively already had her own cover, so this wasn't supposed to be a huge surprise. I always found Kristen a pretty girl, but was never into her look in magazines, and this is no exception. I like the cover though, the layout is less annoying this time, and to be honest, I prefer this cover a million times to Angelina's one.

13-01-2011
backstage pass

its very sad that they give her a cover. She dont even know what she is doing on the cover of Vogue!

13-01-2011
boop

It is 11:30 on a weeknight and I am up defending Kristen Stewart...

It has come to this.

I think that Vogue is clearly making an attempt to feature new people and something has to be said for that. I appreciate the effort, Kristen is a pretty girl, she is in some ways one of the most known actresses of her generation and she has never been featured properly (IMO) in a big fashion magazine. Her Twilight issue of Bazaar was sort of a joke, her shots in Elle were unremarkable, but this looks like it could be a proper fashion turn for her. They've given her the Vogue treatment and it appears to work - the Proenza on the cover looks quite fresh as does her lighter hair.

She isn't a fashion star per se, but she has some potential - her red carpet wardrobe has been looking nicer and she (and her stylist) favors some rather unique designers. Yes Twilight is overexposed, yes it is a rather terrible franchise and yes they could have put (insert your favorite model or celeb here) but this cover isn't so bad. I almost like it - if only because that godawful banner is gone at long last!

13-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
Am I the only one who appreciates this?
No you're not.

rising star

I'm not a Kristen fan but I am really liking the cover. :X

Last edited by mechellemybell; 13-01-2011 at 10:30 PM.
13-01-2011
backstage pass

wow i really like this. the hair, the makeup, the outfit.. it all works. i don't see any awkwardness at all (the ed is a different story). it's very fresh and us vogue for me is usually very stuffy.

i don't understand the hate on kristen, because of twilight? i like that she acts like herself and isn't some self absorbed hollywood actress because we the amount of fans (twilight) she has, she could have a very big ego.

13-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
It is 11:30 on a weeknight and I am up defending Kristen Stewart...

It has come to this.

I think that Vogue is clearly making an attempt to feature new people and something has to be said for that. I appreciate the effort, Kristen is a pretty girl, she is in some ways one of the most known actresses of her generation and she has never been featured properly (IMO) in a big fashion magazine. Her Twilight issue of Bazaar was sort of a joke, her shots in Elle were unremarkable, but this looks like it could be a proper fashion turn for her. They've given her the Vogue treatment and it appears to work - the Proenza on the cover looks quite fresh as does her lighter hair.

She isn't a fashion star per se, but she has some potential - her red carpet wardrobe has been looking nicer and she (and her stylist) favors some rather unique designers. Yes Twilight is overexposed, yes it is a rather terrible franchise and yes they could have put (insert your favorite model or celeb here) but this cover isn't so bad. I almost like it - if only because that godawful banner is gone at long last!
Amen. I couldn't agree more with all the things that you said.

backstage pass

There have been uglier covers, there have been more unworthy cover stars than Kristen, and more uninteresting ones as well. This is not an all-time low for Vogue. It just isn't.

What I see from this cover and issue so far is a surprisingly unforced expression on Kristen (I was hoping for this), a relaxed editorial with lovely styling, and one impossibly boring story: Mario Testino's account of the royal engagement photo session.

13-01-2011
V.I.P.

I'm just tired of people saying that US Vogue "doesn't try". Please, they do. The publication had changed during the past few years, and it is changing slowly. The choices for the celebrities on the covers are more diverse. No more "If you won an Oscar you will be on the cover of Vogue" type of thing. Plus the model choices have became more diverse; sure there's still Karlie, Caroline or Raquel every month but we also saw Abbey Lee, Magdalena Frackowiak, Miranda Kerr, Freja Beha, Patricia van der Vliet, etc. for the first time throughout the timespan of one year. Just my two cents.

13-01-2011
trendsetter

Ive seen worser from US Vogue, so i think this one is good, interesting choice, and no banner!!

Last edited by Rigida; 13-01-2011 at 11:21 PM.
13-01-2011
tfs star

This is incredibly boring! What is she doing on the cover of Vogue? Gosh, I hate it!

backstage pass

i don't think she looks that great on the cover, her expression is quite off-putting. her look is not inviting at all, it doesn't say buy me! buy me! in fact she looks like she is saying, 'put me down before i puch you'!!!

the funny thing is all the obsessed twlight fans are going to scoop this up, and probably make it one of the years best selling issue, which will certify her as a best selling covergirl!!!

14-01-2011
V.I.P.

I dislike the cover, I think Kirsten looks really stiff,but she looks much better here than she had in other magazines.

Last edited by Karen0193; 14-01-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, february, kristen, mario, stewart, testino, vogue