How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-01-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo View Post
Not even US Vogue has managed to glamourize Kristen Stewart.

Why should they? What would be the point of having her on the cover at all if they were going to make her look like someone she's not? I kind of love the fact that they used a shot where she looks a little nervous. It gives the cover personality and more importantly, let's the cover-star's personality come through on the cover. Quite rare for Vogue. Or...anyone.

As I see it, they've styled Kirsten really well and she looks great in the clothes, which, btw, are more suited to her than to someone more "gamourized".

14-01-2011
V.I.P.

she looks like an old women in some photo

14-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascination90 View Post
could anyone tell me the release date please?
25 Jan

14-01-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofVERSAILLES View Post
Why should they? What would be the point of having her on the cover at all if they were going to make her look like someone she's not? [...] As I see it, they've styled Kirsten really well and she looks great in the clothes, which, btw, are more suited to her than to someone more "gamourized".
Simply because this is the point of having "Vogue" as the most powerful and stylish brand in the world when it comes to magazines and an ideal of beauty and perfection; it's here for a reason being the bible of fashion which is responsible to set the trends, give a different point of view (more in the most elegant way) and present a knowledge, culture and beauty to a society which before didn't have access to those things, since it was reserved for the super rich only. Vogue's mission is to elevate the minds to what's hot and what's not, and always with a certain glamorous-high end kinda of style, and to push forward the street/casual/sometimes boring plain looks, and to give people the desire and fun to dress up as they present themselves to the outside world. So YES, they always glam things and people up, to give the illusion and the dream to a world that always exists in our minds (cf: Mario Testino on CNN revealed)... it's VOGUE

Last edited by Bertrando3; 14-01-2011 at 10:15 AM.
14-01-2011
V.I.P.

She looks great blonde! So much better...she's grown a lot over the years into a star. On the red, her style is better and she's not as awkward. It was a good idea to wait to put her on Vogue.

14-01-2011
backstage pass

^^^thanks

14-01-2011
French Chic

Considering this is US Vogue, the cover is actually a little different and quite nice. Not a huge Kristen fan, but she certainly looks pretty good here and I'm always up for any new actress to feature on the cover of the mag, other than their usual staple of blondes that they run with.

backstage pass

I do like this cover, I'm not crazy over it, but I do think it's a lot more interesting than say, last year's Feb cover with Jessica Biel.

14-01-2011
fashion icon

Arizona Muse a cross between Linda Evangelista and Natalia Vodianova? Okay, Anna Wintour, that's just pushing it. She's pretty, but she isn't that pretty.

14-01-2011
clo
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
Arizona Muse a cross between Linda Evangelista and Natalia Vodianova? Okay, Anna Wintour, that's just pushing it. She's pretty, but she isn't that pretty.
I really don't think that Anna means pretty here but versatile. Arizona is an extremely versatile model, who can do any kind of look and that is something that both Natalia and Linda possess.

14-01-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
Simply because this is the point of having "Vogue" as the most powerful and stylish brand in the world when it comes to magazines and an ideal of beauty and perfection; it's here for a reason being the bible of fashion which is responsible to set the trends, give a different point of view (more in the most elegant way) and present a knowledge, culture and beauty to a society which before didn't have access to those things, since it was reserved for the super rich only. Vogue's mission is to elevate the minds to what's hot and what's not, and always with a certain glamorous-high end kinda of style, and to push forward the street/casual/sometimes boring plain looks, and to give people the desire and fun to dress up as they present themselves to the outside world. So YES, they always glam things and people up, to give the illusion and the dream to a world that always exists in our minds (cf: Mario Testino on CNN revealed)... it's VOGUE

And as I see it, a beautiful, wealthy, famous young woman wearing beautiful clothes on the cover accomplishes that goal better than when they don't cover up her personality in favor of making her a carbon-copy beautiful girl in a couture gown with a fake smile.

backstage pass

That cover is simply delightful. I do not see how anyone can find room to complain about that cover or question why Kristen is on it. She is possibly the biggest star of her generation and this is her first ever Vogue cover, why the backlash? How can one say she is not deserving or you can't stand her? Despite being a major star of one of the most popular franchise there is, she still manages to be her quirky, young acting self. For the most part, Wintour is actually listening to some criticism and putting new people on their covers that will sell the magazine.

14-01-2011
clever ain't wise

Beautiful cover - this girl can't help but to look soulful. She is so photogenic she actually made me buy Elle late last year.

People keep calling her awkward...that is very weird to me. She has personality, strong personality, almost unheard of in Hollywood today with the exception of a few. Like a merge between Garbo and Christopher Walken. Not to mention that her gaze is much like that of Olive Thomas.

14-01-2011
backstage pass

Not a fan of hers but gotta admit this is a really fresh, cool cover. The funny thing is, it's so simple! Vogue should take note (and less text pls...)

14-01-2011
V.I.P.

I do think she deserves it very much. She has to deal with so much unwanted publicity that it's nice she gets some "good" and wanted one once in a while. I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies but I've seen her in other stuff and I do think she is a really talented actress.

It's a good cover, not groundbreaking or anythig but she looks very pretty.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, february, kristen, mario, stewart, testino, vogue