How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2012
V.I.P.

Ihave to say I was expecting alot worse before I saw the cover, I get why people like her though she doesnt appeal to me, but I like how she was styled for the cover to look more like a 70s singer and I have to say she really rocks that Rodarte dress in the preview. Excited for the edits, Isabeli looks fab

15-01-2012
clo
V.I.P.

I like the cover a lot. Never thought that I'd like to see Taylor Swift on the cover of US Vogue but she looks very nice. Love Starlight Express but the first girl doesn't look like Karlie to me. I recognize her but I don't remember her name. Don't have any idea who's the girl in the second editorial but this seems to be a pretty solid issue imo.

15-01-2012
V.I.P.

BusraSwift Twitter

Last edited by honeycombchild; 15-01-2012 at 06:43 AM.
15-01-2012
fashion elite

im getting tired of seeing typical us vogue studio eds over and over again. they should change the tone.

Last edited by congacon; 15-01-2012 at 08:49 AM.
15-01-2012
MON
V.I.P.

I'm not excited or pleased with Taylor Swift's editorial. YES, it doesn't look like your average US Vogue cover story editorial but the styling is odd and it doesn't reflect Swift's real red carpet glamour. I was expecting more country chic. The story is confusing too. The first picture of her in the guitar is beautiful and inspiring but the consecutive ones are just too much.

the editorial of Karlie and Isabeli too are somehow, lifeless. Yes, they both look gorgeous but that's just about it. I may need to see the whole editorial to fully appreciate it. The untitled editorial preview is the one that excites me! I can see a story behind it just from that shot alone! I can also sense Grace Coddington did it but I can be wrong.

V.I.P.

the styling of Taylor's ed is soo terrible, does she normally dress that messy?? it certainly doesn't look like what I'd normally expect from Vogue, what a huge letdown. they could have done so much more with her....

15-01-2012
trendsetter

I love Taylor's ed, she rocks that rocker looks! Very different side of her

15-01-2012
Hell on Heels

why. as if she couldn't get any more annoying, they even put a full closeup on the cover. NO.

15-01-2012
trendsetter

I'm actually overjoyed with how this turned out. I can't stand Taylor Swift's music and having worked with her, I can also say I can't stand Taylor Swift and for that reason I'll probably not buy this, but I think she looks good. I'm glad she isn't wearing, like, girly flirty summer dresses in every shot and posing with a guitar or something. That's what I was expecting. Pleased (for Vogue's skae) that I was wrong.

tailored

i'm reserving judgement until i can see better pics of the editorial, but at first glance, i'm getting a sienna miller-esque/"almost famous" vibe from the editorial...
which may not be a bad thing, but i don't see swift in that way...
i think she wants to be more modern...i was hoping the editorial would show her in that way...

fashion elite

im not a fan of these American Pop Stars but this is so clean and very fresh

rising star

U.S. Vogue is really going downhill (and has been for a while).

she's got the look

Never been a fan of hers, sorry. I don't like the cover either, too bland for my taste. I hope the issue is better than that.

V.I.P.

I think it's safe to say that none of us were expecting a cover like this, which is pretty damn awesome compared to the alternative old Hollywood look with tons of shimmer and glitter we're used to seeing when it comes to Taylor.

16-01-2012
V.I.P.

I really like the cover. It's Taylor Swift and she does alright on the carpet and I enjoy her casual style sometimes too. The one pic we have seen so far is cool. Can't wait to see more.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, february, mario, swift, taylor, testino, vogue