How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2012
there is no fear

Beautiful cover, it will be great to see this on the stands.

16-12-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Excuse my inability to articulate beyond saying, she's boring as hell now and the styling is crap.

16-12-2012
front row

I love Gwen. Like, I *LOVE* her, but good heavens this cover is just a bit awkward. I think the Saint Laurent collection wasn't stunning, and it looks a smidgen on the cheap side (as a collection and a cover). They could have done a lot more with her.

I'll probably buy this for the other editorials and the interview, though.

Or maybe Anna hates the SL show so much, she's getting it out of the way so advertisers don't moan.... Hmmm...

fashion icon

I'm surprised to see her on all these covers. The No Doubt album came out --and flopped-months ago.

16-12-2012
backstage pass

True she doesn't have anything to promote, but she sells mags and people find her interesting. I think its excellent!

V.I.P.

Iīm really glad to see her again on the cover of Vogue, she so deserves it and it was long overdue! so many starlets get several Vogue covers and she only had one and back in 2004!
The styling and -different by Vogue standards- pose is icing on the cake (though Iīm not so sure about the hat...)

16-12-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian zh View Post
lol you guys are so funny
even if they put other celeb on the cover would you still like "why her?" or what
I was thinking baout that too, if it was Gwyneth or Angelina Jolie, people would say that they are over done

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian zh View Post
lol you guys are so funny
even if they put other celeb on the cover would you still like "why her?" or what
You are so new. They put celebs on the cover to promote their new projects and to boost newsstand sales. So new...

backstage pass

Oh I love this cover, the SLP outfit is spot on for Gwen

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
You are so new. They put celebs on the cover to promote their new projects and to boost newsstand sales. So new...

I think what they were getting at is that pretty much every time a major magazine puts a celeb on the cover people go into "why them?!" mode. Gwen Stefani has a relatively new album out (with new singles coming out from that album), is going to be in the new season of the tv show "Portlandia" and I'm assuming she has some fashion line or collaboration of some sort going on, since it seems she usually does. But really, it doesn't matter, because celebrities aren't always on magazine covers to promote something concrete like a film or an album. Sometimes it's just to keep in the public eye/boost magazine sales. I'm sure Gwen will sell just fine (if not very well) for a January cover. I mean, what was Lady Gaga promoting on Vogue's September cover? What was Adele promoting last March? What was Taylor Swift promoting last February? What about Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Kristen Stewart's covers in 2011? The list goes on and on. Sometimes Anna chooses cover stars for reasons other than them having some massive project to promote that month.

V.I.P.

Love her so much she looks gorgeous!

17-12-2012
V.I.P.

HQ COVER

[vogue.com]

V.I.P.

Now I've seen it in HQ I am not that crazy anymore... this hat looks a bit weird with the letters goinv over it... it almost looks like she is not even wearing hat and they've just put a black circle behind her head...

17-12-2012
V.I.P.

so terribly fake... and very amateurish

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofVERSAILLES View Post
I think what they were getting at is that pretty much every time a major magazine puts a celeb on the cover people go into "why them?!" mode. Gwen Stefani has a relatively new album out (with new singles coming out from that album), is going to be in the new season of the tv show "Portlandia" and I'm assuming she has some fashion line or collaboration of some sort going on, since it seems she usually does. But really, it doesn't matter, because celebrities aren't always on magazine covers to promote something concrete like a film or an album. Sometimes it's just to keep in the public eye/boost magazine sales. I'm sure Gwen will sell just fine (if not very well) for a January cover. I mean, what was Lady Gaga promoting on Vogue's September cover? What was Adele promoting last March? What was Taylor Swift promoting last February? What about Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Kristen Stewart's covers in 2011? The list goes on and on. Sometimes Anna chooses cover stars for reasons other than them having some massive project to promote that month.
That's what I'm talking about.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, annie, gwen, january, leibovitz, stefani, vogue