US Vogue January 2016 : Alicia Vikander by David Sims - Page 9 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
17-12-2015
fashion insider

Come on its obvious by those pics that Lottis is the only teen in those pictures without some sort of fillers in her face. The other two look a bit like Present day Kylie Minogue.

17-12-2015
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steddycam91 View Post
I feel like that sort of styling doesn't work for Kylie and Bella at all tbh...
I disagree. That's the best I've ever seen Kylie look. She actually looks her age for once. Very classy/effortless.

Anywho, I always hate the editorials with 30+ random celebs/models mixed together.

Last edited by JesseDillon; 17-12-2015 at 03:04 AM.
17-12-2015
fashion elite

^I Agree. Kylie never looked better.

17-12-2015
fashion insider

I'm so sold on Bella right now I'd be down no matter how they styled her, but she does look more striking generally speaking in darker eye makeup.

MON
V.I.P.

I wish Kylie would stick to this styling. Suits her perfectly!

17-12-2015
V.I.P.

Kylie looks very uncomfortable, very aware of the camera and looks as though she's over-thinking every single move. While I appreciate something different, I'm not a fan. Those Steven Klein/Interview photos were more suited to her (as distasteful as they were).

Aside from the odd shot in Patrick Demarchelier's edit with Imaan (who I find overrated since she has the exact same expression in every photo), I'm struggling to have a keen interest with this entire issue. Both of Imaan's editorials practically look the same. They certainly have the same colouring and lighting. Not to mention how overrated Jamie Hawkesworth's photography is! Awful.

MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Kylie looks very uncomfortable, very aware of the camera and looks as though she's over-thinking every single move. While I appreciate something different, I'm not a fan. Those Steven Klein/Interview photos were more suited to her (as distasteful as they were).

Aside from the odd shot in Patrick Demarchelier's edit with Imaan (who I find overrated since she has the exact same expression in every photo), I'm struggling to have a keen interest with this entire issue. Both of Imaan's editorials practically look the same. They certainly have the same colouring and lighting. Not to mention how overrated Jamie Hawkesworth's photography is! Awful.
This was my only issue with those 2 edits (but forgot to point it out). But since it's already out there.. am I the only one who has noticed that every single editorial there is out there uses the same colouring/lighting/mood? It's like the mood of the moment is depression. Even Mert & Marcus' recent work is of the same mood. Inez & Vinoodh seems to be trying it as well. Seems like every editorial I see has this vintage sad vibes.. this is of no exception. They're stunning yes, but the trend is disturbing and is saturating.

18-12-2015
fashion insider

Well, fashion follows the times. We're emulating the depression-era because of what's going on in the country no doubt.

link for reference
wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemline_index

Last edited by liralita; 18-12-2015 at 12:28 AM.
18-12-2015
V.I.P.

Not a bad January issue after all!

everything sucks!

This issue is physically the slimmest issue US Vogue has probably put out. New paper?

There are two sets of bare breasts in this issue - Imaam and the headless model in the Irvin Penn photograph that accompanies an article about sex. I believe the last nudity in the magazine was of Lara Stone in her beautiful January 2011 edit by Testino; but like Imaam in this issue, her breasts were also covered in mud. I am always surprised by the (rare) nudity in the magazine because I consider the mag so conservative.

Their letters page needs to go back to their old one. It looks like an ad page for Vogue.com. I want to read thoughtful letters that people have sat down at a table to write, not a cheeky eight-word Tweet that was composed on the toilet.

21-12-2015
fashion elite

Has anyone seen The Faculty? I'm pretty sure the inspiration for Alicia's hair is based off of Josh Hartnett's character Zeke from that film. It looks hideous.

23-12-2015
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
Their letters page needs to go back to their old one. It looks like an ad page for Vogue.com. I want to read thoughtful letters that people have sat down at a table to write, not a cheeky eight-word Tweet that was composed on the toilet.
I generally think there needs to be a letter-writing campaign to remind US Vogue that it's currently acting like the embarrassing mom of a teenage daughter, who should know better than to try to follow trends that don't suit. Instead, they should use their experience and authority to set a better example.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, alicia, david, january, sims, vikander, vogue